What would it take for you to move McDavid?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
We know what Peter Pocklington would do if he still owned the oilers...

Hire a GM to put together a dynasty, try to trade the franchise for the Toronto Maple Leafs, when that fails, badmouth Mcdavid while within hearing range of the player, sell him off to the highest bidder for cash, and eventually try to sell the team out of the city?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nothing. I'd rather watch him than any other player over the course of his career. What an amazing talent. I can't wait to see him play with our skilled youngsters!

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Nothing. I'd rather watch him than any other player over the course of his career. What an amazing talent. I can't wait to see him play with our skilled youngsters!

I posted in the trade forum that I would consider Eichel, Reinhart and Ristolainen. Eichel is going to be a top center in the league. Would that start the conversation?

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
The only 2 players out there that could be the center piece of a deal are Eichel or Ekblad IMO.

Florida/Buffalo would have to add a ton.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
The only 2 players out there that could be the center piece of a deal are Eichel or Ekblad IMO.

Florida/Buffalo would have to add a ton.

Ekblad, Barkov/Bjugstad, Huberdeau?

I should add that I am just bored at work and do not want to trade McMoses/McJesus/McMuhammed/McSkywalker the anointed one.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Honestly Id want

Subban
Price
Pacorietty
Galchenyuk
and some 3 first round draft picks

Oh and Montreal has to retain salary.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Hire a GM to put together a dynasty, try to trade the franchise for the Toronto Maple Leafs, when that fails, badmouth Mcdavid while within hearing range of the player, sell him off to the highest bidder for cash, and eventually try to sell the team out of the city?

^ Yup XD Now that he's gone, I wonder if McDavid will be a career oiler which Gretzky should of been.

Bobby McKeyz

No Satisfaction
Sep 23, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Enough to make people think i'm the biggest homer. I didn't grow up in the Gretzky era and i'm beyond excited to watch a potential generational superstar play in my hometown.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Enough to make people think i'm the biggest homer. I didn't grow up in the Gretzky era and i'm beyond excited to watch a potential generational superstar play in my hometown.

I got to grow up watching Gretzky.

One of the first things I thought of when we won. Was that my sons get to watch the best player in the NHL while they grow up.

To me that makes him priceless in the trade market.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Now that I've watched him a fair bit and seen how incredible he truly is. There really isn't any package you could get that would make it truly worthwhile.

From a business standpoint alone there is nothing you could get back that would fill the seats and sell merchandise more.

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think Buffalo is the only team that would be able to do it.

It would have to be something crazy like:

EDM 2015 1st for BUF 2015 1st + BUF 2016 1st + Reinhardt + Ristolainen.

Would be something to think about, we'd probably get first overall next year too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I posted in the trade forum that I would consider Eichel, Reinhart and Ristolainen. Eichel is going to be a top center in the league. Would that start the conversation?

IMO Leon > Reinhart so I see no reason to make that deal. Only deals I'd consider would be something like Quick + Doughty +, etc.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

Nailed it. That's all the reason one needs. Wouldn't even trade him for Toews, Kane and Keith, even though it would probably be a good hockey trade.

You can't put a price on a player that might end up being top 10 or 20 of all time.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
This is the Oilers though, so they'll reject a bunch of overpayment offers and McDavid will turn out to be the next Daigle or Stefan rather than the next Gretzky or Crosby.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I got to grow up watching Gretzky.

One of the first things I thought of when we won. Was that my sons get to watch the best player in the NHL while they grow up.

To me that makes him priceless in the trade market.

I was lucky enough to watch Gretzky live in 1988 against the North Stars but I was so young that I don't remember much. In the last 36 years there have been only 4 generational players (Gretzky, Lemiuex, Lidstrom and Crosby) Hopefully Mcdavid can become one of those so a whole new generation of Oiler fans can enjoy watching him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad