Speculation: What would it take for NJ to get Quinn?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
It depends where the request comes from.

Whether it's from Quinn, or if it's from Devils.

If the Devils want Quinn to secure all three Hughes brothers for life, they might be willing to open up the cupboard and let Benning take whatever he wants.

No we won't. Luke is likely at least 2 years away from joining the Devils anyway, so no need to entertain gutting the Devils youth movement to acquire Quinn anytime soon.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
No we won't. Luke is likely at least 2 years away from joining the Devils anyway, so no need to entertain gutting the Devils youth movement to acquire Quinn anytime soon.

If I was Devils GM I would want to do this now to secure Quinn instead of risking Canucks getting him long term and have to pay even more assets.

Devils have had Jack for 2 years, add Quinn for 2 more, then add Luke.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Quinn is still under contract with the Rangers through next season. Gonna take a pretty substantial package. But, I'm sure we can work something out.:thumbu:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If I was Devils GM I would want to do this now to secure Quinn instead of risking Canucks getting him long term and have to pay even more assets.

Devils have had Jack for 2 years, add Quinn for 2 more, then add Luke.

Good thing you're not the Devils GM then.

Let's the Canucks rise for a couple years before Benning and cap issues knock them right back down. It Quinn wants to sign on to stay in Vancouver long term, so be it. Would be nice for NJ to acquire him at some point, but not at the cost it would take to get him anytime soon.

Last edited:

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
this is the best thread on HFBoards, bar none.

Oh and by the way, the average HFBoards user definition of "fun" in whichever city they play in is not going look remotely close to what millionaire players actually do in their spare time during the season.

And in the offseason, I don't think any player is vacationing in the tri-state NY area or vancouver as some posters would suggest. Just lol.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I was initially excited for Jack and Luke to get to play together, that's pretty exciting.

It's quickly become clear that this is just going to mean we have to listen to these insufferable NJ fans claiming to know what Q wants for the half decade.

Be happy you got Luke and stfu for Christ's sake.

Is Christ Hughes the 4th brother ? :laugh:

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Okok let's play the game. Red wings sign Eric Staal and trade for Jordan.

NJ trade for Quinn

NJ vs DET game goes to OT

Hughes - Hughes - Hughes

Vs

Staal - Staal - Staal

Who wins the game ?

Reactions: shadow1

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
If you like cities, NJ/NYC for sure. If you like Mountains and outdoors, Vancouver without a doubt.

To each their own. Such a bizarre debate in this thread.

Because you can’t find mountains in the state of NY ?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
You do realize the Giants and Jets both play in New Jersey don’t you? Does that mean all of those New Yorkers who go to those games are piggybacking off of New Jersey?

I can guarantee you most Devils fans live closer to Manhattan than most of the people in British Columbia live to Vancouver.
Pretty ignorant thread by all parties, but 4million of BC's 5 million population live within 60 miles of Vancouver so just basic demographics probably hurt your guarantee.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I don't see the relevance of comparing cities, as if it actually matters. I mean, if Jack and Luke were playing for the Alaska SeaDogs, a new expansion team, I’m sure Quinn would sign a deal there if the team is willing to offer him the contract he’s looking for in order to play with his 2 brothers.

This Vancouver Vs New Jersey debate is the dumbest thing I’ve seen in months.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes plus the "other " Jack Hughes that is draft eligible next year....
Quinn Hughes to Jack to Jack Quinn to Jack Hughes , the other Jack Hughes , I mean Jack 2 ,err to Hughes , Luke that is... F it, i give up.

Now all we would need is to find a player named Luke Quinn . I dont care if he can hardly skate. I would sign him to a one game contract and throw him out with the goalie pulled with Jack Hughes , the other Jack Hughes , Jack Quinn , Quin Hughes , Luke Hughes , then Luke Quinn .
This hurt my brain. I love it.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
My mistake I didn't realize there were no Devils fans outside Bergen, Hudson and Essex Counties.

I mean if we’re talking 4 million of the 5 million people in BC being within 60 miles of Vancouver how many people do you think live within 60 miles of Manhattan in New Jersey (the most densely populated state in the country)?

I’m not trying to disrespect the people of British Columbia, I was responding to someone saying New Jersey piggy backs off of Nee York. New Jersey borders New York City. We’re one of the 3 suburb states the that border the city.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not within 10 mins of downtown, and certainly nowhere near the scale of whats out here.
Nobody lives downtown. It takes longer than 10 minutes to get anywhere.
And mountains are hardly any different from each other and usually don't dictate where people live.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Nobody lives downtown. It takes longer than 10 minutes to get anywhere.
And mountains are hardly any different from each other and usually don't dictate where people live.

Are you genuinely debating that someone who prefers an outdoor lifestyle would choose to live in Newark NJ/NYC over Vancouver BC, or are you just arguing for the hell of it?

2nd part of your comment is one of the more ignorant statements I’ve seen here, which is a big feat.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
I don't know what's dumber. The Vancouver vs New Jersey debate or the idea that a team isn't going to have to pay out their ass to land Quinn Hughes.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Okok let's play the game. Red wings sign Eric Staal and trade for Jordan.

NJ trade for Quinn

NJ vs DET game goes to OT

Hughes - Hughes - Hughes

Vs

Staal - Staal - Staal

Who wins the game ?

Fans listening to play by play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->