What will McDavid's individual trophy cabinet look like at the end of his career?

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
McDavid is better than Crosby right now, though. What do you expect McDavid to say? He's not going to look like a selfish ass by saying he's better than Crosby because of individual awards.

-I wont concede that until Mcdavid shows up in the playoffs. There are far, far, to many playoff chokers in this league on the big stage that flat out stink in the playoffs, Austin Matthews is one of them.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
It's a shame he got hurt in his 1st year. He would have easily won the Calder and given Kane a run for his money for the Art Ross... :S

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
-I wont concede that until Mcdavid shows up in the playoffs. There are far, far, to many playoff chokers in this league on the big stage that flat out stink in the playoffs, Austin Matthews is one of them.

He has played in 13 playoff games in his career and the Oilers suck. I don't really know how you can hold that against him. You can say you'd prefer to have Crosby over McDavid in the playoffs based on it, but that's not an argument for Crosby over McDavid.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Holy **** between you, daver, penguinspeed, et al I've never seen worse sore losers in my life.

You guys honestly in some ways are far worse than the portion of belligerent Leafs fans we see here.

If anything, the Oilers and Pens have shared the best player in the NHL since the early 80s we should have a better understanding.

Gretzky-Lemieux-Jagr-Crosby-McDavid. That's 40 years of players no other two fan bases can share.
Dont worry, it'll be the kansas city penguins in 15 years after crosby and malkin retire.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
He has played in 13 playoff games in his career and the Oilers suck. I don't really know how you can hold that against him. You can say you'd prefer to have Crosby over McDavid in the playoffs based on it, but that's not an argument for Crosby over McDavid.

-As the saying goes, you are the champ until someone dethrones you. Crosby IS the best playoff performer over everyone in this league outside maybe, maybe, Malkin. Could Mcdavid do it? Maybe. He has a lot to prove when the real lights go on instead of racking up points when the Oilers are out of the playoffs by Christmas

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
-As the saying goes, you are the champ until someone dethrones you. Crosby IS the best playoff performer over everyone in this league outside maybe, maybe, Malkin. Could Mcdavid do it? Maybe. He has a lot to prove when the real lights go on instead of racking up points when the Oilers are out of the playoffs by Christmas

Why do you even participate in discussions? McDavid can and will produce in the playoffs. He has zero support outside of Draisaitl, and you're knocking him for missing the playoffs? Similar situation when Crosby had Ziggy Palffy and that's it. You can say the same thing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

You're putting an extreme amount of emphasis on the playoffs and trying to ignore the regular season. What makes it worse is that McDavid's sample size in the playoffs is way too small to come up with any sort of conclusion from that.

I also don't see how Crosby or who's better between the two is relevant in this thread at all. This thread is about McDavid's future trophy cabinet.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
You're putting an extreme amount of emphasis on the playoffs and trying to ignore the regular season. What makes it worse is that McDavid's sample size in the playoffs is way too small to come up with any sort of conclusion from that.

I also don't see how Crosby or who's better between the two is relevant in this thread at all. This thread is about McDavid's future trophy cabinet.

-Crosby is beating everyone in the league (for a career) by .2 except Malkin in the playoffs. That is a considerable gap in the playoffs. Mcdavid hasnt even done that in the regular season let alone the playoffs. You know how much Mcdavid beat MacKinnon by? .01 in the regular season this year. And all of a sudden he's going to beat Crosby and destroy everyone else in the playoffs? Please...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
-One of the best videos out Youtube. "Sidney Crosby is better then me until I win a cup" Ouch

Oh no. A sincerely modest and incredibly motivated young man deferring to those he looked up to growing up. Pretty good head on his shoulders to be that humble while being that far ahead of his peers.

To the contrary, it's that genuine humility while being head and shoulders better than his peers that takes him from generational talent to generational player.

He's obsessed with being better and working on his "faults" (which aren't actually faults but are areas the greats know they need to develop). Example, his shot went from "will never crack 40 with that muffin" to "could have had 50 if he didn't defer so much with that lethal shot accuracy".

Ironic, isn't Sid the same way? Like I said, if anyone can relate to observing generational players day in and day out it should be Oiler and Pens fans. That's what makes the saltiness and attempts at dragging McDavid down all the more odd.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Too early to tell. But he has a heck of a start. He lost a Calder due to injury and Hart due to his team. Crosby lost “highly hypothetical and highly unlikely due to Ovechkin in 2007/08” due to injury for other awards. He’s where you would expect a genarational talent playing on a garbage team.

Last edited:

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Oh no. A sincerely modest and incredibly motivated young man deferring to those he looked up to growing up. Pretty good head on his shoulders to be that humble while being that far ahead of his peers.

To the contrary, it's that genuine humility while being head and shoulders better than his peers that takes him from generational talent to generational player.

He's obsessed with being better and working on his "faults" (which aren't actually faults but are areas the greats know they need to develop). Example, his shot went from "will never crack 40 with that muffin" to "could have had 50 if he didn't defer so much with that lethal shot accuracy".

Ironic, isn't Sid the same way? Like I said, if anyone can relate to observing generational players day in and day out it should be Oiler and Pens fans. That's what makes the saltiness and attempts at dragging McDavid down all the more odd.

-I agree with everything you said. But lets pump the breaks like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and beating the snot out of his peers. If he earns it great for him

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
It will probably be something fancy like mahogany and glass or something. Mcdavid doesn't seem like an ikea billy bookcase kinda guy.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Auston Matthews is 21 years old. Connor McDavid is 22 years old.

Again, you seem rather upset Sid isnt the top dog anymore

Last edited:

RazorRamon

Aug 26, 2007
58EsDqA.jpg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Who the hell is Austin Matthews? He does not play in the NHL so how can he choke in the playoffs.

Reactions: Apotheosis

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

It’s comedical that people are using a 13 game sample size as their end all be all.

You’re making it sound like McDavid was pointless in those 13 games. Then again, you keep spouting this non sense over and over.

I also wonder, if you said the same thing for Mario Lemieux during his first few seasons. Somehow, I don’t think you did.

Reactions: zar and ManitobaKid

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
It’s comedical that people are using a 13 game sample size as their end all be all.

You’re making it sound like McDavid was pointless in those 13 games. Then again, you keep spouting this non sense over and over.

I also wonder, if you said the same thing for Mario Lemieux during his first few seasons. Somehow, I don’t think you did.
He probably wasn't alive at that time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad