What will McDavid's individual trophy cabinet look like at the end of his career?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Actually it does, since there is a clear lack of knowledge of the game's history & its various nuances. Winning championships are how the true greats are measured. Not fantasy numbers or individual awards. Leading teams to titles was & still is the expectation of truly great players. That's what makes them legends. Extraordinary performances in trying circumstances of the crucible that is the Stanley Cup playoffs. Not racking up points in relative throw away games in November against opponents you see maybe twice a year.

Before you go all ageist, I’ve read over 150 books on hockey history ranging from biographies to recounts of events. I’ve watched probably enough hockey to fill another life time. I’ve done papers in university about the events of hockey.

I know it’s hard to understand that someone younger, gasp, might have a better understanding on the game that you claim to know. Spare me the whole “ you don’t know nuances of the game because of age” bull shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coffey and varank

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Before you go all ageist, I’ve read over 150 books on hockey history ranging from biographies to recounts of events. I’ve watched probably enough hockey to fill another life time.

I know it’s hard to understand that someone younger, gasp, might have a better understanding on the game that you claim to know. Spare me the whole “ you don’t know nuances of the game because of age” bull ****.
keep preaching!!

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
@edog37

This is how awful your “winning counts duh” argument is.

Using this terrible argument, that means Jean Beliveau is a better player than Sidney Crosby, Jaromir Jagr and Mario Lemieux combined.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
What is it even with this hate brigade on a 21 year old player for not winning a Stanley Cup? I'm pretty sure it didn't start with Ovechkin until much later on to his career.

By the way, McDavid is almost assuredly going to win a Stanley Cup during his career. No worries there.

Reactions: MessierII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad