What will McDavid's individual trophy cabinet look like at the end of his career?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
There's no way McDavid is going to be healthy enough to do that. That's not a knock on his abilities, but he's going to lose out on some major trophies due to injuries.
Ovechkin hasn't. Gretzky didn't.

Crosby had particularly bad luck with this, but it doesn't mean that McDavid will. Obviously my estimates are very optimistic to say the least.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
There's no way McDavid is going to be healthy enough to do that. That's not a knock on his abilities, but he's going to lose out on some major trophies due to injuries.

He's just 21 and has won quite a few already, he can afford off years.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wishful thinking.

Only player in history to win multiple Lindsay/Pearson's by 21.

How is it wishful thinking to assume that he'll get some injuries in the future? :laugh:

Ovechkin hasn't. Gretzky didn't.

Crosby had particularly bad luck with this, but it doesn't mean that McDavid will. Obviously my estimates are very optimistic to say the least.

Ovechkin is also an absolute monster and Gretzky had a team of body guards that would mug you if you even looked at him funny. McDavid has already missed major time in 1 season already, too.

He doesn't need to be Forsberg, Lindros or Crosby to lose out on some awards due to injuries.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Got to wonder how many more seasons before he is a lock for the HHOF

xIronLore

Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet seven Art Ross and Ted Lindsays trophies and four Harts because the Hart is stupid. Dude is unreal.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
At least three of each.

He's the Mike Trout of hockey down to the shitty team he plays for :(

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'd bet seven Art Ross and Ted Lindsays trophies and four Harts because the Hart is stupid. Dude is unreal.

Pretty sure Taylor Hall won't be thinking that tonight.

There is a reason they give the Hart last, same reason they give Best Picture and Album of the Year, etc.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
If healthy.

6 art ross
3 rockets
5 lindsay
4 hart's
2 conn Smythes
2 cups
Peak 120 points or more

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It really is hard to say, so much can happen, look at Crosby. How good is Lafreniere? Does he stay healthy? By year eight is he still motivated?

Lot's of variables but for sure it will be big, five in three years is not too shabby.

Last edited:

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Reminder that Gretzky is literally twice the player Lemieux is because 4 is twice as many as 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad