What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
kaberle-leafs.jpg

Reactions: Porkleaker
Sep 19, 2008
These old school Habs throwbacks are awful. You know which ones I'm talking about. The ones with CAC on the front :laugh: They're so bad

kex3h1uwp4mhy5frq7r0fxper.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SwaggySpungo
Sep 19, 2008
Always hated the Pittsburgh vegas gold jerseys

The stadium series ones they had a few years ago were AWFUL. They are probably the worst. And I'm not saying this because I'm biased.

81YwKw4TxnL._SR500,500_.jpg

• The text is awful
  • The color is awful
  • The patch is inaccurate ("City of Champions")
  • The captain patch is a triangle for some reason...three rivers or what?
  • The block numbers are awful
I'm old. I like this one if I were a Pens fan.

s-l300.jpg

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
The stadium series ones they had a few years ago were AWFUL. They are probably the worst. And I'm not saying this because I'm biased.

81YwKw4TxnL._SR500,500_.jpg

• The text is awful
  • The color is awful
  • The patch is inaccurate ("City of Champions")
  • The captain patch is a triangle for some reason...three rivers or what?
  • The block numbers are awful
This opinion is wrong. These are awesome. Font could be a little better

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Define modern day?

What’s the ugliest jersey in the NHL today, not including all of the crappy third jerseys this year?

Ducks? Senators? Calgary?

I think the Caps have the ugliest jerseys in the league; the non throwback ones are awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: AD Skinner

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Meh I prefer black jerseys but I do like a lot of colored ones (Rangers, Avs alternate, Sharks, Coyotes, Wild are some current colored jerseys I enjoy)

Bright colors, then.

I dunno, everyone has their own tastes, but the old purp/yella Kings getups were the best they've ever had, and the Flyers unis are gorgeous to me.

Reactions: Auston Escobar
Sep 19, 2008
I like the Ducks one. Sure, everyone loves the mighty ducks throwback, but the one now isn't bad. The worst ones are the Stadium Series ones. Yes, even the Caps stadium series are subpar. If it were up to me they'd use the alternate more. That is a good alternate that reflects the OLD capitals before "rock the red" began.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Anything with green and blue as the primary colors. I'm looking at you, Vancouver!
The Canucks have two jerseys for which I have such polarizing views of.

One of my favourite NHL jerseys all time is the Blue/Green with the hockey stick.

For me, the worst jersey of all time with no real close comparison is the flying Vs jersey. It’s the worst in all of sports, all-time. If I was a player on that team, I would have probably asked to be traded... just because of the jersey. ;)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bright colors, then.

I dunno, everyone has their own tastes, but the old purp/yella Kings getups were the best they've ever had, and the Flyers unis are gorgeous to me.
I don’t really have a particular taste in jerseys, the purple and yellow Kings jerseys could look good in a different format. I really dislike the Flyers neon orange but I do like their Winter Classic jerseys from a while back (against the Rangers that turned to alternates)

The league needs purple jerseys though

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
For me, I have to go with either the Ducks "Wild Wing" 3rds or the Isles Gorton's Fisherman jerseys. Both of them had terrible designs on the front *and* the back with the Wild Wing jerseys originally having a nigh-unreadable font and the Isles jerseys having that wave effect.

-16-ziggy-palffy-new-york-islanders-fisherman-darius-kasparaitis-johntavares-korolev-brent-severyn-berard-vintage-hockey-jerseys.jpg

The color scheme and logo for the Islanders fishermen jerseys actually wasn't that bad. I think if it wasn't for the stupid wave effect, they may have been more widely accepted.

:jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad