What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Gonna be unpopular but I hate the current Flyers uniforms (their alternate is sick though) and the purple/yellow Kings jerseys (big fan of the home/away jerseys though)

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Oh god I'd almost forgotten about the tudburgers. Those were hideous.

0904-buf-3rdfull.png

The Captain's letters were awesome though. They should bring those back full time.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
My favorite part about that jersey and the little factoids on that pic are that the creative team behind was probably really excited about those jerseys and someone took it to Mike Keenan - probably with a big smile and full of enthusiasm for the work they had done and they hand it to him and he was probably just like **** No and threw it back at them.

Gretzky would have worn the Burger King AND the Trumpet lol lol lol

The sport's greatest player having worn its two worst jerseys would have encapsulated all that anyone would want to know about the NHL lmao

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Stars12.png

toronto.png

edmonton.png

It was a dark time for NHL sweaters.

The navy/copper ones actually didn’t look too bad in person. Got one in my closet. The whites, on the other hand, were the worst jerseys in team history.

Anyone wearing the white ones out in public was only a nightcap away from looking like Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually really hate Vegas' grey jersey especially. The logo, the colours, the pattern... It looks like a cheap "Create-A-Team" generic jersey template you'd have on the NHL video game..

hwl

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
For me it's the Mooterus.

There are a lot of boring ones mentioned here but to me "worst" is more than boring. I also really dislike anything with a primary color of mustard yellow.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This.
Our SNES jerseys were terrible as well.
The OG Panthers one with the big panther head and the small body.
The St. Louis trumpet abomination.
The black Calgary Flames one, or the one with the dragon head.

Lots of crazy bad jerseys out there.

That's a horse, not a dragon.

For me, I have to go with either the Ducks "Wild Wing" 3rds or the Isles Gorton's Fisherman jerseys. Both of them had terrible designs on the front *and* the back with the Wild Wing jerseys originally having a nigh-unreadable font and the Isles jerseys having that wave effect.

20_22463a_lg.jpeg

-16-ziggy-palffy-new-york-islanders-fisherman-darius-kasparaitis-johntavares-korolev-brent-severyn-berard-vintage-hockey-jerseys.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad