What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Define modern day?

What’s the ugliest jersey in the NHL today, not including all of the crappy third jerseys this year?

Ducks? Senators? Calgary?

I think the Caps have the ugliest jerseys in the league; the non throwback ones are awful.
The ugliest primary jerseys today are the Colorado Avalanche. That 90's clashing color scheme is horrible!!

Some alternatives would be a blue jersey with black pants and the same logo. Their current third jersey. Or the old Colorado Rockies jerseys from the '80s.

Reactions: Uncle Bill

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Thank god, they would have looked like clowns.

Like this ;)

heritage-classic-2010-copy.jpg

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The color scheme and logo for the Islanders fishermen jerseys actually wasn't that bad. I think if it wasn't for the stupid wave effect, they may have been more widely accepted.

:jets
I was just going to say, even though the concept is kind of ridiculous, the Fishsticks jersey doesn’t look that bad in real life.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually really hate Vegas' grey jersey especially. The logo, the colours, the pattern... It looks like a cheap "Create-A-Team" generic jersey template you'd have on the NHL video game..

hwl

Totally agree. The white ones are far superior.

Reactions: Cellee

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I have to say the Lightning jersey with BOLTS in plain
lettering written on it. It's not even your team name. And plain lettering looks dumb, unless it's cursive like the Jets.

Ottawa's big 0 is a close second.

I'm sure there's others.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, by Atlanta was terrible. Including the team name, logos (accents too), colors, and jersey designs (not even showing the light blue **** here).

Nothing about these jerseys said "hockey."

View attachment 160325
Those jerseys are perfectly fine. Not sure how it doesn't say "hockey."

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
0nb-71775.jpg

It's not so much that these tarps were bad per se, although they weren't very stunning, either. It's more so that they almost seemed unnecessary. It's as if the Preds just took a very basic jersey style and slapped on the same logo just for the sake of having a new alternate jersey. It looks very lazy.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
In honor of the Isles bringing back fisherman jerseys for sale at their team store I thought I would pose the question of what was the worst jersey of the modern era? The Fisherman? The Buffaslug? The Vancouver "V"? The Brent Yormark Islanders Jersey? Any of the 10,000 Habs centenary heritage jerseys? What's your pick?
It’s a coin flip between the canucks history of bad sweaters and the avs current sweater.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00