What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not NHL, but how about the newest turdburger of a jersey, courtesy of the Edmonton Oil Kings? Obviously a one off, but wow.
url

Attachments

• bear jersey.jpg
    bear jersey.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 53

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
You can't appreciate the full hideousness of the Flying V uniforms without a picture that includes the pants. :eek:

183a2c5bf2873ab887ece9a34ade6308.jpg

nucks.jpg
The Canucks were the very first team to have a perfectly good logo and color scheme, then for no good reason, screw around with the jerseys and come up with something completely foreign and hideous. The Canucks were about 15 years ahead of their time in this dubious category.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Nashville's current jerseys are really bad, they honestly are the only team that really used the piping and design of the Reebok Edge jerseys to their aesthetic advantage. Now they are just mustard sweaters.

Senators have such a great color scheme and great classic jerseys that it really boggles the mind that they're still going with the weird 3d Senator logo as the main logo. It'd be ok as a patch but get the side profile shot or the big O as the crest.

The Vancouver Whale C is very terrible but otherwise great jersey and color scheme.

Oilers mains right now are hideous. Go back to the primary blue ones and then go back to the drawing board for another alternate color scheme.

Tampa Bay needs to do something with their create-a-team logo and color scheme. The absolute worst, c'mon guys. Need to do a top to bottom redo like the Panthers did.

Reactions: BlueMcGreen

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
St Loius is one of these teams that had a near perfect logo and color scheme when they entered the league and have the same logo with an equally great color scheme now with their primary jerseys and a great third jersey (which I believe is their original)

I know they screwed around with the jersey in the '80s putting the word blues on the front and making the logo smaller. That was short lived thank goodness. Then they tinkered with the color scheme adding red. I didn't care for that, but at least they had that GREAT original logo.

I thankfully missed the time when St Loius came out with this horrific abomination!! They could not have come up with anything more ugly if they tried!!
Thankfully it never made it to the ice.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
yup oldies are way better. They just won't switch that crappy new logo for some reason.

Its cruel what Eugene and the Sens front office do to their fanbase.

So many great possibilities yet they stick with the most boring template and the worst version of all their logos.

If I had my way the Sens would go primary black with red and white accents. There is no primary black team in Canada; theyre all either blue or red.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Its cruel what Eugene and the Sens front office do to their fanbase.

So many great possibilities yet they stick with the most boring template and the worst version of all their logos.

If I had my way the Sens would go primary black with red and white accents. There is no primary black team in Canada; theyre all either blue or red.
prob don't want to pay for new office supplies and marketing materials. Actually I'm almost sure of it.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Nashville's current jerseys are really bad, they honestly are the only team that really used the piping and design of the Reebok Edge jerseys to their aesthetic advantage. Now they are just mustard sweaters.
I like them a lot. Very original and they pop out there on the ice.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
I don't like the new Jets ones at all. Something right out of the 90's with the dark colours and gross logo. I love their old ones.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Jets regular home uniform is very drab.

I really like their whites though. They look much better with the full sleeve shoulder yoke thingy.

And despite what alot of people seem to think, I really like their new thirds.

RVBWMYS7CVGUPJI6QLF2TM567U.JPG

I just love that shade of blue too much to say anything bad about them.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The Jets regular home uniform is very drab.

I really like their whites though. They look much better with the full sleeve shoulder yoke thingy.

And despite what alot of people seem to think, I really like their new thirds.

RVBWMYS7CVGUPJI6QLF2TM567U.JPG

I just love that shade of blue too much to say anything bad about them.

I mostly agree except I don't like (or hate) the third jersey but do wish that colour was our primary.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
I own so many of the jerseys people are saying the worst :laugh:

My taste is different I suppose.

Terrible jerseys are the best ones to buy. :DD

Used to be because they were cheap. As time goes on they become the most valuable, simply because few bought them in the first place!

You don't have bad taste, PhysicalGraffiti: you're a wise investor in the jersey collection market. :D

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
That's a horse, not a dragon.

For me, I have to go with either the Ducks "Wild Wing" 3rds or the Isles Gorton's Fisherman jerseys. Both of them had terrible designs on the front *and* the back with the Wild Wing jerseys originally having a nigh-unreadable font and the Isles jerseys having that wave effect.

20_22463a_lg.jpeg

-16-ziggy-palffy-new-york-islanders-fisherman-darius-kasparaitis-johntavares-korolev-brent-severyn-berard-vintage-hockey-jerseys.jpg

Looks like something created under the influence of LSD

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad