What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
Smell-the-Glove.jpg

I found when playing NHL online that other players were much more likely to rage quit on me while wearing these beauts (the yellow was a bit more pronounced in the game). I still consider myself a bit of a Nashville fan because I had so much fun with these jersey's, my favourite ugly jersey of all time

Calgarybrutalist

Apr 2, 2014
One thing the Wild do that drives me nuts is that they constantly do not have a matching set of uniforms.

They also have some players that wear green helmets that are a shade off the others. I suspect it's because their old third jerseys were a slightly duller shade of green and the matching helmets got mixed in with the regular supply.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I'm okay with it. The Habs don't wear matching uniforms.

The Wild did get a bit silly with it though. They went a long while wearing 3 uniforms that were all completely different. They even had 3 different primary logos!

Habs and Rangers get a pass from me (Original Six, I know it’s a cop out).

But the wild having three different logos was just insane! This set is much better and I like both of their jerseys just wished they matched a tiny bit more.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
In the late '90s, there were so many horrible jerseys, it is hard just to pick one. Teams like Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Washington, Vancouver, LA, Calgary, and the NY Islanders all had perfectly good uniforms in the '80s and early '90s. Yet they all wanted to fix something that wasn't broken. Buffalo, for instance, went from a great logo and color scheme (blue and yellow trim) to the worst possible color scheme (black with red and grey trim) and changed that great logo.

Not to mention teams new teams in the '90s that came out with horrible jerseys like Phoenix, Colorado, and Atlanta. Unfortunately, Colorado still has that same horrible color scheme and Arizona brought back those horrible jerseys from the '90s as their third jersey.

Thank God that ALL these teams I have listed have either gone back to their original logo and color scheme (Pittsburgh, NY Islanders) or something close that is actually an improvement on the original (Buffalo, Washington, Calgary)

Reactions: sabremike

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
St Loius is one of these teams that had a near perfect logo and color scheme when they entered the league and have the same logo with an equally great color scheme now with their primary jerseys and a great third jersey (which I believe is their original)

I know they screwed around with the jersey in the '80s putting the word blues on the front and making the logo smaller. That was short lived thank goodness. Then they tinkered with the color scheme adding red. I didn't care for that, but at least they had that GREAT original logo.

I thankfully missed the time when St Loius came out with this horrific abomination!! They could not have come up with anything more ugly if they tried!!

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Stars12.png

toronto.png

edmonton.png

It was a dark time for NHL sweaters.
dallas and edm ones are great, lol. No leaf jerseys should ever be in best/worst threads. They all look exactly the same no matter what year. Would be frustrated if I were a fan anytime they say a new jersey will be released.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I guess I have a childish taste in things but I like the cartoony ones.

The coyotes, islanders and blues ones shown in this thread are neat and super colorful. I like them.

My vote goes to the the burger kings or the awful rainfall TB ones.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
dallas and edm ones are great, lol. No leaf jerseys should ever be in best/worst threads. They all look exactly the same no matter what year. Would be frustrated if I were a fan anytime they say a new jersey will be released.

Why? It’s not like you have to buy a new jersey just because the team updated them. And as you said, all Leaf jerseys look the same anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad