What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
capitals_117.jpg

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
I found Vancouver jerseys with the V, although this wasn't the one that I thought looked the worst. I believe that you have to switch the areas with the black and the yellow. You get the idea.

Thanks for the posts everybody! Several of these jerseys I never saw or tried successfully to forget.

View attachment 161027
They look like a choir in that picture.

Reactions: adsfan

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets regular home uniform is very drab.

I really like their whites though. They look much better with the full sleeve shoulder yoke thingy.

And despite what alot of people seem to think, I really like their new thirds.

RVBWMYS7CVGUPJI6QLF2TM567U.JPG

I just love that shade of blue too much to say anything bad about them.

Disagree about the Jets whites. The full sleeve shoulder yokes should be banned across the league. Think back to when the Bruins and Stars had them. Not a good look.

:jets

Reactions: AD Skinner

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I think it’s totally case by case. The 80s jets looked great with it but the 80s Leafs looked terrible.

Fact is were in a golden age of uniforms. All of these teams have perfect of near perfect uniform sets....IMO, of course.

Leafs
Habs
Bruins
Red Wings
Rangers
Islanders
Flyers
Penguins
Oilers
Stars
Predators
Avalanche
Wild
Vegas
Blackhawks
Blues

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I think it's totally case by case. The 80s jets looked great with it but the 80s Leafs looked terrible.

That's kind of funny. We're the total opposite on this one. I thought the 80s Leafs jerseys looked pretty good whereas the 80s Jets were an abomination that never should have happened. They were just clones of the ones used by the Rangers for 2 seasons (1976-77 & 1977-78). When the Jets entered the NHL in 1979-80, they should have carried forward their WHA style jerseys below.

6706_1978_79_lyle_mof.jpg

:jets

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Why? It’s not like you have to buy a new jersey just because the team updated them. And as you said, all Leaf jerseys look the same anyway.
that's my point. Its exciting when the team announces a new jersey is going to be released even for just a season but for the leafs, bruins, blackhawks, wings, rangers, canadians they are rarely very different from the usual jerseys. Obviously horrid jersey can be released but atleast its something. The rangers statue of liberty jersey were nice when they came out. The leafs jerseys are always the same

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Oh god I'd almost forgotten about the tudburgers. Those were hideous.

0904-buf-3rdfull.png

At least they didn't try to get "creative" with the logo? (I'm looking at you, Dallas Uteruses, NY Fishermen, and LA Burger Kings.)
If Buffalo stuck with just the blue and the yellow they’d have been on to something.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hey, never let anyone telly you what you can or can not love.

I grew up with Vancouver's plate of spaghetti jersey. Yeah, it's not the greatest, but I got good memories that go along with that jersey, so I can't hate on it.
That jersey is a classic. They should bring it back.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I really hate the current Dallas jersey, its the blandest green and such a weak logo.. also not the biggest fan of the orange and black Ducks jersey

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
that's my point. Its exciting when the team announces a new jersey is going to be released even for just a season but for the leafs, bruins, blackhawks, wings, rangers, canadians they are rarely very different from the usual jerseys. Obviously horrid jersey can be released but atleast its something. The rangers statue of liberty jersey were nice when they came out. The leafs jerseys are always the same

Well once you have a lerf for uniform then there is no reason to change.

I wouldn’t get excited if the Leafs or Wings or Habs announced new uniforms. In fact I’d be horrified by that suggestion.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
After watching more and more of the Devils current uniforms they should be in the running.

They took one of the best jerseys in the league, a jersey that remained virtually unchanged since the team's inception, and completely took away everything that made it such a fantastic jersey.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
The Jets regular home uniform is very drab.

I really like their whites though. They look much better with the full sleeve shoulder yoke thingy.

And despite what alot of people seem to think, I really like their new thirds.

RVBWMYS7CVGUPJI6QLF2TM567U.JPG

I just love that shade of blue too much to say anything bad about them.

JohnstownJets-WinnipegJets.jpg

Reactions: Pilky01

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I don't understand how someone can hate the Jets' current logo. Clean, good colour combination, and I think it strikes a balance between being interesting without being too busy.

Reactions: DowntownBooster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad