What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
I think the sabers current jerseys are awful to , they should have stuck with the red and black ones they were unique and simple

Reactions: Sam Steel

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
tbl.jpg

Probably a bit of a controversial pick, but these are way up the list for me. When people asked for Tampa to go back to black, I don't think they meant remove all of the blue as well. It looks like they just waltzed off a black-and-white TV show.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Here are some really bad ones that I've not seen posted, yet

kovalchuk.jpg

(in my opinion, the Flyers got screwed the worst with the Reebok Edge rebrand. Still haven't really recovered)
Luca+Sbisa+NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits+aJwPAjMi9rhl.jpg

Though, they did have this tragic stinker beforehand:
season-player-jeremy-roenick-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-picture-id52334666

At least they never moved forward with the rebrand they looked into in the 90s

0712-phi970-loh-jerseys.jpg

Reactions: AD Skinner

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hot take. The Buffa slug jerseys themselves were great. The logo was the problem. If you did something else like put 2 crossed swords together as the logo sans leaping Buffalo it would've lasted

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I really hate the current Dallas jersey, its the blandest green and such a weak logo.. also not the biggest fan of the orange and black Ducks jersey

What? the current Dallas green is very bright - it's the best green they've had since they were the North Stars.

You want to see a very bland green - see the Wild jersey. (I mean the wilds / wildd / wildx / wild's / wicky's / wilds' / wildld's / wild's' - little help here!!)

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
What? the current Dallas green is very bright - it's the best green they've had since they were the North Stars.

You want to see a very bland green - see the Wild jersey. (I mean the wilds / wildd / wildx / wild's / wicky's / wilds' / wildld's / wild's' - little help here!!)

Lol couple years late bud... How you look at those jersey’s and don’t think they’re boring/unattractive (is that a better word) is beyond me.

Its probably not just the color and more so how there are very little breaks in the green. Its growing on me I will admit, still think that logo is a f***ing joke. A high school graphic design student could come up with something better.

Different strokes for different folks Im one of the few that don't mind the Wild’s jerseys and logo, I appreciate the attention to detail with theirs.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
tbl.jpg

Probably a bit of a controversial pick, but these are way up the list for me. When people asked for Tampa to go back to black, I don't think they meant remove all of the blue as well. It looks like they just waltzed off a black-and-white TV show.

I was hoping they would bring back the old 04 black jerseys but just modernize it a little. Not the greatest jersey but a classic for tb.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Dallas, for me hands down. So boring.

When Anaheim switched to the "D" foot and dropped the mighty, that was outright atrocious. Especially coming from the iconic logo they had.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
tbl.jpg

No, those were absolutely atrocious. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad