Gusev - Larkin - Kovalchuck
Mantha - Antha - Bertuzzi
Svechnikov - Velano - Rasmussen
Zadina - Glen - Hirose

Dekeyser - Green
Hronek - Bowey
Sulak - Cholo

go young..

Go young, break up a line that was absolutely on fire to end the season in Bert-Larkin-Mantha, start Zadina and Hirose on the 4th line over Svechnikov who's proved nothing and Rasmussen who hasn't shown much more than the ability to be a 4th liner? Am I reading this right?

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
What about Ryan dzingel outa Columbus? What are your guys thoughts on him he would be a bit cheaper UFA. But i also like his game a lot and is 27. Just put up 56 pts this season and personally i really like his game.

Reactions: Realgud

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
What about Ryan dzingel outa Columbus? What are your guys thoughts on him he would be a bit cheaper UFA. But i also like his game a lot and is 27. Just put up 56 pts this season and personally i really like his game.
We have enough 40-60 point wingers, can't be tying too much cap space in that area.

I say stay the course on the rebuild and go after the #1Cs and Ds.

Reactions: Winger98

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't want to see a UFA unless its someone with a lot of prime hockey left that is a game breaker. We don't want elite UFA that are going to age out of their prime and be a giant cap hit when the rebuild turns into a cup window. If its not someone like Erik Karlsson let's just stick with the draft and ELC signings. You can fill in the gaps once there is a core.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I want to see any UFA that makes us better, and when we will have a bigger talent pool, it enables possible trades.

This logic of not wanting any UFAs is stupidest ever. Pick the right ones with reasonable caphit, those are no-brainers if they want to join.

We will never be a team based on just own draft picks. UFAs and supporting cast is a basic need.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We definitely need to make a stop gap signing or two, as far as I'm concerned:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Hirose-AA-Zadina
Svechnikov-Nielsen-Rasmussen
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm

That's a rough lineup, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a center and/or a winger to a one or two year deal just to fill out the middle six.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We definitely need to make a stop gap signing or two, as far as I'm concerned:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Hirose-AA-Zadina
Svechnikov-Nielsen-Rasmussen
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm

That's a rough lineup, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a center and/or a winger to a one or two year deal just to fill out the middle six.

And with Svechnikov missing all of last season with injury and Rasmussen looking a bit over his head at times, them starting in GR wouldn't be the worst thing. I'd wanted to just aim for the big fish, but I started looking at our roster last night and I didn't realize how thin the Wings are up front. Giving one year deals to Vanek or Filppula, maybe taking a flier on a guy like Pirri. We could just roll with Ehn and de la Rose in those spots, I guess. Depending on who is in GR, it might be better to have a stacked GR team than to have some of these guys in Detroit.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
RFA or nuthin.

Our rebuild doesn't coincide with any UFA signing. Play the kids otherwise.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Why has no one mentioned Jeff Skinner? I would love to add him and then trade some forwards to make room....

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Who would you trade? And how much would you pay for him? My fear with him is he gets Lucic syndrome and becomes a massive waste of cap space.
Skinner for one is nothing like Lucic. Already has 4 seasons 30+ goals and is only 26.Lucic has only one 30 goal season 8 years ago.... I would try and trade Mantha and or Ras for a good d prospect or another first round pick.(seperate deals for each)

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Skinner for one is nothing like Lucic. Already has 4 seasons 30+ goals and is only 26.Lucic has only one 30 goal season 8 years ago.... I would try and trade Mantha and or Ras for a good d prospect or another first round pick.(seperate deals for each)
But, he alternates between good years and bad years. One year 20 goals the next 35. Also, you're not going to get a good d prospect for either of them. Mantha is a run of the mill scoring winger, and Ras had what I would consider a very underwhelming season that ended with an injury. Neither are prize pigs. You'd have to start any trade with AA for a d prospect worth having.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Chabot is not an UFA so forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but I just proposed on the Trade forum Zadina + 6th overall for Chabot. If Ottawa wanted another elite piece I would pass, but a mid level prospect/pick would be fine. Any thoughts, am I crazy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad