What UFA should we really go after?

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I can’t imagine trouba or any Michigan born kids getting a phone call from Steve yzerman on July 1 and saying no thank you

Trouba will be a redwing summer 2020 , let’s hope werenski becomes a ufa sooner rather than later and never signs that longterm deal

Werenski hronek
Trouba cholowski
Mcisaac lindstrom

2025 cup champs?

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Karlsson or trouba. Thats it. No other offers besides for maybe a role player/depth. but stay clear and try and gain more picks/ play youngsters more minutes. May be a rough year again if this were to happen. Have to get guys with skill on the NHL level. I think itll be a slower build than in Tampa but could see Stevie take a run at Karlsson as a 1st pair dman which last check, wings dont have. Most the D we have is bottom 6.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Because Yzerman wants to build a core and has been pretty clear he's not looking to quick fix things. Karlsson would instantly make this team better, but still not good enough to actually turn the corner.
I was just reading a report he is playing with a bad hip and as soon as the playoffs are over for him its right in for surgery. It would not go in depth on what is going on with his hip either.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Panarin would be nice, but I think those guys (him and Bobrovsky) are already planning for Florida invasion. I mean those Russians. former Panarin teammate Dadonov is already there and they know how great Finn-Russian Barkov is.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Panarin would be nice, but I think those guys (him and Bobrovsky) are already planning for Florida invasion. I mean those Russians. former Panarin teammate Dadonov is already there and they know how great Finn-Russian Barkov is.
Florida would be an awesome team if this happened, but it seems we say that every year. They've got to be good eventually, right?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Florida would be an awesome team if this happened, but it seems we say that every year. They've got to be good eventually, right?

Some day! lol. They've won zero playoff series since the lockout.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I was just reading a report he is playing with a bad hip and as soon as the playoffs are over for him its right in for surgery. It would not go in depth on what is going on with his hip either.
Karlsson?

Where were you reading that?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
UFA Defencemen targets:
-----------------
- Erik Karlsson
- Jake Gardiner
- Oliwer Kaski, 6'3 right defenceman (named best player in Finnish Liiga, 2013 draft class, 23-year-old)

UFA Forward targets:
-----------------
- Artemi Panarin
- Matt Duchene
- Kevin Hayes
- Gustav Nyquist
- Anders Lee
- Brock Nelson
- Nikita Gusev (best scorer in KHL, Vegas own his UFA rights, but trade for his rights)

These were my UFA targets on old discussion on March 21st.

And It's still the same list.

First bird in the pocket (Kaski).

Or maybe second, because Hirose kind of came from nowhere.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
I vote Karlsson(long term contract) and Dastyuk(short term contract). I hope Kaski surprises everyone and makes the team. Skilled offensive defenceman with size is a priority need for Detroit.

If San Jose doesn't make the Stanley Cup Finals, it would be nice to see Nyquist resigned by them, so the pick we gained from them in the Nyquist trade gets upgraded to the 2nd round.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If San Jose doesn't make the Stanley Cup Finals, it would be nice to see Nyquist resigned by them, so the pick we gained from them in the Nyquist trade gets upgraded to the 2nd round.

That would be even funnier trade if they reach the final, will lose, and Nyquist will join back to us...

Nyquist (to SJS) for Nyquist (back to DET) + 2nd + 2nd :P

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
I can’t imagine trouba or any Michigan born kids getting a phone call from Steve yzerman on July 1 and saying no thank you

Trouba will be a redwing summer 2020 , let’s hope werenski becomes a ufa sooner rather than later and never signs that longterm deal

Werenski hronek
Trouba cholowski
Mcisaac lindstrom

2025 cup champs?

Capfriendly shows Trouba as RFA after next year, but 19-20 will be his 7th season. Will he actually be a UFA?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Capfriendly shows Trouba as RFA after next year, but 19-20 will be his 7th season. Will he actually be a UFA?

Yes. Next season will be his last RFA year.

And they can't fit him on the cap anyhow after Connor+Laine will sign for combined 13-15 million.

I could smell Trouba for Bowey + incentives trade coming...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No thanks to Nyquist at any price. We had him, and he was largely non effective, except for this his big contract year. We don't need his 40 pts and no physicality at all.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
No thanks to Nyquist at any price. We had him, and he was largely non effective, except for this his big contract year. We don't need his 40 pts and no physicality at all.

He played well last year, even if the points weren't there. Signing any forward this summer is largely about money to me. I don't really like a guy like Skinner enough to want to see the Wings pay out the nose for him. Nyquist might be a lesser player but if the cap/term are notably better, I could get behind the move. Hoping we sign Karlsson and call it a summer, though.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I’d be worried if it was Holland,not anymore he’s as good as gone and I’d expect sj to resign him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad