OT: What type of BBQ do you prefer?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Most times, it seems to take 10-14 hours to smoke one of these for me (depends on the size and temperature you want to use)...and this one was a good size so I expected 14 hours. I didn't feel like getting up at 3am to get the smoker up to temperature and stable which is why I threw it on last night since I had to stay up til after midnight for work anyhow. After I take it off the smoker, I usually wrap it up and let it sit anywhere from 30min-1 hour which seems fine to me.

I have wrapped them in foil, towels and put them in a cooler many times though and have kept them for up to 6 hours without a problem and can't tell any difference vs. when I let them sit for 30 min. You almost can't screw up a boston butt pork shoulder. It's pretty fool proof.

I was thinking 30 minutes was the bare minimum. 6 hours seems like it'd be amazing... :laugh:

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
A sled is any device that slides over snow or ice, you nincompoop (yeah, I used that word :) ). Look it up if you don't believe me. You're probably thinking of a flyer when you think of "sled" as being different than a "toboggan." When you use either one, it's called sleigh riding or sledding, either one really. Same thing with saucers.

Distinctions are important, but this is beyond that. Great discussion though! :)

Also, I see I'm still the only one who voted for mustard base :laugh:

You're so wrong about everything every teacher you ever had has been tracked down, stripped of their credentials, and shot without mercy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad