What trades or UFA signings do you think Stevie has up his sleeve?

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
That doesn't mean anything about tanking.

We can still have luck (we haven't had) in draft lottery from the 11th worst position, getting the 1st overall.
This year I believe the Wings will be a very competitive team. We also know that they're in a division full of playoff teams like Montreal, Toronto, Tampa, Florida, and Boston. I think we'll finish ahead of Buffalo and Ottawa and improve our point totals for a 82 game schedule to about 70-75 points.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I lived in Seattle for a few years and really wished they had a hockey team when I did. Now that they do they picked a bunch of scrubs.
Yeah, it's like Francis is trying to run 2 second lines and 2 third lines. No top end talent, low event coach.

I'll get to compare which coach is more boring, Blash or Hakstol.

I live in Bellingham BTW.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, it's like Francis is trying to run 2 second lines and 2 third lines. No top end talent, low event coach.

I'll get to compare which coach is more boring, Blash or Hakstol.

I live in Bellingham BTW.

Nice area up there. I used to pass through on my way to Vancouver games whenever I needed an NHL fix. But being all the way up there, aren't you closer to Vancouver and seeing 'nucks games?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Nice area up there. I used to pass through on my way to Vancouver games whenever I needed an NHL fix. But being all the way up there, aren't you closer to Vancouver and seeing 'nucks games?
Physically closer, but I'm not gonna root for a Canadian team. Plus the border is closed, which is fine because the lines at Costco are 1/3 of pre-COVID levels.

I really don't care for the Canucks other than their Disco Flying V uniforms. Those were so ridiculously ugly it's now classic.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
3 shoulder surgeries, $salary & term & low output upon return....Tarasenko is likely damaged goods.

No, bad idea.

I agree, it's a risk. Bertuzzi just had back surgery.

Line of thinking is that Tarasenko could be a producer, helping the wingers development, or/and be a flip.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I agree, it's a risk. Bertuzzi just had back surgery.

Line of thinking is that Tarasenko could be a producer, helping the wingers development, or/and be a flip.
The Blues are still in their Cup window & don't want him...that's a Yuge Red Flag.

Kraken could've had him, but chose to pay UFA Schwartz instead, albeit different type of games & cheaper player, but still.

7g in 34gp the last 2 seasons / ~ 128g possible

turns 30 in Dec. Nope, nope, just say no.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The Blues are still in their Cup window & don't want him...that's a Yuge Red Flag.

Kraken could've had him, but chose to pay UFA Schwartz instead, albeit different type of games & cheaper player, but still.

Ok, that reasoning makes sense.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I'd offer them future consideration for DeBrusk. His AAV of $3.675 isn't horrendous, but his actual salary of $4.85M is above his production. Maybe we can actually get some goals out of the third line that way. RFA on an expiring contract if he regains his scoring abilities.

Interesting that they signed Nosek for $1.75M x 2yrs. He's now making more than Helm who was protected in the expansion draft.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

I dont' see St. Louis as anything other than a 1st round casualty. They were like the 2012 LA Kings and just got hot at the right time in a weird year.

Their goals against jumped through the roof last season and I think it's more to do with losing Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo. Krug is a poor replacement defensively for either of them. And now they lost Vince Dunn so they are even thinner on the back end.

Replacing Schwartz with Saad is kind of a wash. I personally think Schwartz is more talented. They should probably both produce around the same rate (40-50 points) so it's a wash, but I think that St. Louis is maybe a 6 to 8 seed in the west.

Reactions: jkutswings

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He sounds like the perfect guy for Yzerman, Stevie likes his reclamation projects.

Not very disciplined, takes bad penalties at the worst times, not particularly fast. I like that he's gritty and can fight but he can also be a bit dirty (which is why he gets called out and has to fight) and has a few suspensions for late/dangerous hits.

IF we are somehow able to get rid of Namestnikov and slot Ritchie in there I think it could be a decent pickup but it's strange to me that a guy that's gritty, fights, and has halfway decent hands hasn't been picked up yet.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Not very disciplined, takes bad penalties at the worst times, not particularly fast. I like that he's gritty and can fight but he can also be a bit dirty (which is why he gets called out and has to fight) and has a few suspensions for late/dangerous hits.

IF we are somehow able to get rid of Namestnikov and slot Ritchie in there I think it could be a decent pickup but it's strange to me that a guy that's gritty, fights, and has halfway decent hands hasn't been picked up yet.
maybe hes waiting for the best offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad