What to expect from Steve Mason?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I like Mason a lot. But one thing I noticed in the St. Louis game was How comfortable EMery looks, His glove hand, and his rebound control. I think Emery has lost so much of his mobility and quikness but his comfort level, his glove hand and his rebound control are still much better than Mason and those are very important things.

When it comes to making the highlight save I like Mason better, but his weakness is the casual save.

I think Mason is like Biron, he will make us a playoff team but nothing more than that. IF we want to win we need to be better defensively.

Clown Baby*

I like Mason a lot. But one thing I noticed in the St. Louis game was How comfortable EMery looks, His glove hand, and his rebound control. I think Emery has lost so much of his mobility and quikness but his comfort level, his glove hand and his rebound control are still much better than Mason and those are very important things.

When it comes to making the highlight save I like Mason better, but his weakness is the casual save.

I think Mason is like Biron, he will make us a playoff team but nothing more than that. IF we want to win we need to be better defensively.
Emery's 31. Mason's 26. In 6 years, maybe Mason will exude the same confidence. We'll have to wait and see, assuming Stolarz doesn't blow his situation up.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
just hope he plays like he did today in playoffs.he was unbelievable.couple of times i thought pens had slam dunk goals and he stopped them.unreal performance.

honestly if he plays this well we have a chance against anyone.

if we do get the pens later on we would have such a huge edge in goal.

RJ8812*

I'm concerned about Mason next year simply because all the starters we've had for the past so many years have always had a good 1st year with us, then **** the bed afterwards

Haute Couturier

Feb 28, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm concerned about Mason next year simply because all the starters we've had for the past so many years have always had a good 1st year with us, then **** the bed afterwards

Same except I am more concerned because he had one good season in Columbus and then **** the bed.

He did way better than I expected and looks more like a #1. I will give him that credit. Just not confident he keeps it up.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
If Mason wasn't resigned mid season, it would take more than 4.1 per to retain him after these playoff performances. Correct?

I know a lot of people were crying about the timing of his extension, looks like it worked out.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
if mason was healthy and started every game we win this series,no doubt in my mind.

him getting run by a pen should never be forgotten or forgiven.

with mason starting every game we beat both rangers and pens.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Same except I am more concerned because he had one good season in Columbus and then **** the bed.

He did way better than I expected and looks more like a #1. I will give him that credit. Just not confident he keeps it up.
he has never lacked the talent. It's all mental, which for someone as young as he is playing for a franchise that was awful it's really no surprise.

RJ8812*

If Mason wasn't resigned mid season, it would take more than 4.1 per to retain him after these playoff performances. Correct?

I know a lot of people were crying about the timing of his extension, looks like it worked out.

probably not

he was getting the same amount regardless of if we missed the playoffs, or lost in the 1st round

RJ8812*

if mason was healthy and started every game we win this series,no doubt in my mind.

him getting run by a pen should never be forgotten or forgiven.

with mason starting every game we beat both rangers and pens.

I doubt it

not with the way the players in front of him played

Rangers are a better team. just accept it and move on

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I agreed with the timing of the signing because it took some weight off of Mason's shoulders.

Had they waited until the off-season, he probably would have been signed for the same term and amount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad