Rumor: What the trade for JK could have looked like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Le calepin du Canadien: Pourquoi le tour du chapeau de Mathieu Perreault est important, d'où viennent les ennuis de l'attaque à cinq, et plus

2 picks + 1 prospect not named Seth Jarvis like Bokk, Suzuki, Gunler or Rees in order to not overpay for JK.

Habs said no. They prefer seeing them overpay than adding a prospect.

Les tentatives du directeur général des Hurricanes, Don Waddell, de conclure un échange avant de compléter l’offre hostile ont été bien documentées. Notre compréhension des choses, c’est que l’offre portait sur les deux choix de repêchage en plus d’un choix supplémentaire, ou bien la possibilité pour le Canadien de choisir un espoir de son choix – autre que Seth Jarvis – à ajouter à la transaction. Cela signifierait qu’un espoir comme Dominik Bokk, Ryan Suzuki, Noel Gunler ou Jamieson Rees aurait pu être ajouté à la transaction.
Le Canadien a dit non.
Canes had good draft back in 2020. I liked Pashin and Nybeck, even Seeley at the time. Not sure what they did since but could have worked something out.

I would have offered JK for Jarvis and 1st pick? If failed? took the 2 picks and one of the prospects, then try get Pashin thrown in.

I thought he was great in Hlinka Gretzky

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Canes had good draft back in 2020. I liked Pashin and Nybeck, even Seeley at the time. Not sure what they did since but could have worked something out.

I would have offered JK for Jarvis and 1st pick? If failed? took the 2 picks and one of the prospects, then try get Pashin thrown in.

I thought he was great in Hlinka Gretzky

When I see people saying how the pool looks great now (a story I have read before), and then you look at the Canes...Morrow, Heimosalmi, Koivunen, Hreschuk, Jarvis, Gunler, Nikishin, Puistola, Fensore, Rees etc....lol

This team drafts well. But also adds picks to build through the draft. A concept we love to say here but have no idea how to do.

Reactions: KikoHunter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad