What should the name be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
So if we are down to four potential names, what do you think they are? Aces is definitely one of them, but the other three could be anything.

Jun 6, 2016
It's hard to say because outside of Knights there hasn't been ANY positive comments towards other names being possibles.

Just them shutting down other names, no insects, no snakes, no BlackJacks.

I had a source long ago tell me Heat and Lights were discussed.

My final four would be
Knights (some variation)
Aces
Heat
Lights

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lightning fan chiming in. I guess since we are down to 4 names any preference I'd have is out the window and wouldn't really matter anyway. However, I must say that I didn't really care for "Las Vegas Black Knights" because it seemed a little too wordy. Particularly when most sports teams have about a max of three words i.e Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Giants, Golden State Warriors. Although Nevada Knights would've sounded a lot better.

Hopefully they pick out a good one

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Sinbin guys did a concept for my idea from a long long time ago (and my favorite) the Las Vegas Peregrines. Before you crap on the idea, think it out. It's an awesome name and it gets better the deeper you look in to it. I'll fight for this one. :laugh:

Anyways, here's the design. I think it could be much cooler, but apparently this has been in the works for a while.

http://sinbin.vegas/las-vegas-peregrines-jersey-concept/

Jun 6, 2016
I actually like it BB. If you can name a team the Wild you can run with Peregrines.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The 4 names I like for the Las Vegas franchise are in order.
Las Vegas Vipers
Las Vegas Aces
Las Vegas Mavericks
Las Vegas Gamblers

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Sinbin guys did a concept for my idea from a long long time ago (and my favorite) the Las Vegas Peregrines. Before you crap on the idea, think it out. It's an awesome name and it gets better the deeper you look in to it. I'll fight for this one. :laugh:

Anyways, here's the design. I think it could be much cooler, but apparently this has been in the works for a while.

http://sinbin.vegas/las-vegas-peregrines-jersey-concept/

My favourite concept out of the ones i've seen.
It'd just work. The logo is great and it fits the whole jersey pretty much flawlessly. I'm against letter logos because you can't really make the letter into anything else on your mind and also you cant really stand out when your logo is just some letter (Wranglers concept on the sinbin site). I was fascinated when I found out that the Minnesota wild logo was a bear when I was younger. Living in Finland and rarely seeing the logo made me think that it was a scenery from Minnesota.

Enough rambling, I really, really like the Peregrines.

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
I'm starting to grow more and more fond of Outlaws. Sure, it was the XFL team name, but it is a nod to the Old West culture of Nevada and Las Vegas. Plus, someone mentioned using the Bonanza song as a goal song; it would fit perfectly if the team was named Outlaws.

I just hope it's not something silly like Las Vegas Night or something. Not a fan of that at all.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012

Isaac Palestino (I'm sure he won't mind the shout-out) did a great job on that.
I think that grey, black and gold can work...The All-Star unis, for example, looked good.
Peregrines could be a sleeper...
As long as the NHL allows it...you know...the gambling thing...
...a pair o' kings
...a pair o' jacks
...a peregrines :laugh:

I was just thinking...Adidas and the NHL have just now whittled the potential names down to 4,
with a reveal date of late September; maybe October
The excuse for not having a name-the-team poll with the STHs was a "lack of time".

...Seems to me that there would have been plenty of time!

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Isaac Palestino (I'm sure he won't mind the shout-out) did a great job on that.
I think that grey, black and gold can work...The All-Star unis, for example, looked good.
Peregrines could be a sleeper...
As long as the NHL allows it...you know...the gambling thing...
...a pair o' kings
...a pair o' jacks
...a peregrines :laugh:

I was just thinking...Adidas and the NHL have just now whittled the potential names down to 4,
with a reveal date of late September; maybe October
The excuse for not having a name-the-team poll with the STHs was a "lack of time".

...Seems to me that there would have been plenty of time!

I kind of get it. If it's taking this long without a contest it could have really thrown a wrench into things with one. Especially if a name that couldn't be trademarked won the contest.

They'd have likely had to trademark four or five names then have the contest.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
I kind of get it. If it's taking this long without a contest it could have really thrown a wrench into things with one. Especially if a name that couldn't be trademarked won the contest.

They'd have likely had to trademark four or five names then have the contest.

Take the top 10 suggestions from the STH poll and then work from there.
Eliminate them as you realize that they're not "do-able".
I'll bet that you'd end up with the same 4 names that Adidas has now, and the fans would have felt that they had some input into it.
It could have been done in the same time frame.

I don't know... this process seems so much like the whole expansion process...
A lot of smoke n' mirrors with an already-done-deal outcome.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's hard to say because outside of Knights there hasn't been ANY positive comments towards other names being possibles.

Just them shutting down other names, no insects, no snakes, no BlackJacks.

I had a source long ago tell me Heat and Lights were discussed.

My final four would be
Knights (some variation)
Aces
Heat
Lights

If that's all the options we had I'd cut my own list down to Knights and Aces. Heat is tacky for Vegas and already a major sports team in NA and one of the most recognizable. And then Lights it's like...whats the logo? What's the concept?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm surprised the assassin's isn't liked? You could use daggers (and the castle themed jersey's) still...you could even use the Knight's logo in my avatar if you really wanted to.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Per Foley today on KSHP, they're down to four team names and have a conference call with the league and Adidas tomorrow. They will likely decide on that call.

Knights of some sort will be involved, there's a bird in the mix.

I hope it's my bird idea. :naughty:

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
Per Foley today on KSHP, they're down to four team names and have a conference call with the league and Adidas tomorrow. They will likely decide on that call.

I hope it's my bird idea. :naughty:

I listened to that today BB, while at work up here in Ontario Canada.

Black Knights definitely NOT going to happen.

He very noticeably mentioned the bird option.

One of the options was still awaiting NHL clearance.

Hmmm...Peregrines...Neon Knights...Silver Knights...?

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
A thought: Do you think the NHL might do the club a solid and help pony up any payments to the London Knights for rights to the logo in CA?

That would make a lot of sense as that logo is so good.

But I doubt they would go for it, that's the Detroit of the OHL

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Bird Knights!

glorious_bird_knight_by_sunkaro-d7k7w49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad