Player Discussion What Sens player is/was not missed enough?

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Out of the entirety of the Sens history, what player do you feel wasn’t missed enough once they left the team? There’s (of course) quiet a lot of players we miss but what player do you feel didn’t get enough credit when they were with the team and then felt they weren’t missed enough after?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Out of the entirety of the Sens history, what player do you feel wasn’t missed enough once they left the team? There’s (of course) quiet a lot of players we miss but what player do you feel didn’t get enough credit when they were with the team and then felt they weren’t missed enough after?

Marian Hossa, if only for the fact we were spoiled with 3 superstar seasons of Dany "freaken" Heatley.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I agree Spezza was probably "forgotten" once he was gone but I think it has more to do with Senators fans feeling like we got most or all of his best prime years. Plus we were looking forward to a group of younger guys taking over like Stone, Turris and Hoffman but if you think about it, he was sorely missed as a #1 center after his departure.

Edit: I also think his leadership was very under-rated in this city.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I agree Spezza was probably "forgotten" once he was gone but I think it has more to do with Senators fans feeling like we got most or all of his best prime years. Plus we were looking forward to a group of younger guys taking over like Stone, Turris and Hoffman but if you think about it, he was sorely missed as a #1 center after his departure.

Hard to say if he was out of his prime just yet. If he could have had Hoffman and Stone on his wings it could have been the younger version of the Pizza line. Play Turris, Mac, and Bobby as a solid second with amazing Karlsson?

I'd vote Spezz too.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

We haven't had a true 1C since he left

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Cody Ceci....

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad