Player Discussion What Sens player is/was not missed enough?

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Jan Platil never got his chance to cheap shot Toronto Maple Leafs

Andre Petersson should have been a player in the new NHL.

Alexei Kaigorodov's blog.

Oleg Saprikyn's speed.

Reactions: Bileur

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Zibanejad

He's been unbelievable this season. On pace for 59G and 107P over a full 82GP season.

I can live with losing good secondary guys like Fisher, Vermette, Silfverberg etc... but seeing a former Senator who should have never been traded put up a Hart trophy type season for another team is a hard pill to swallow.

Probably the best one on the list because of how much he could be helping now

Really? There have been countless posts this season alone about Zibanejad, he is missed more than enough (if we are basing this on the criteria set by the OP of this thread).

I would put Duchene ahead of both Stone and Zibanejad at this point since almost nobody seems to care that he is gone even though he would have helped this team a ton.

People here still cry over the Stone trade so he does not necessarily fit the criteria.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Really? There have been countless posts this season alone about Zibanejad, he is missed more than enough (if we are basing this on the criteria set by the OP of this thread).

I would put Duchene ahead of both Stone and Zibanejad at this point since almost nobody seems to care that he is gone even though he would have helped this team a ton.

People here still cry over the Stone trade so he does not necessarily fit the criteria.
you figure how to measure "missed" .. get some official body to agree with your definition and metrics and get back to me. I will not debate "The Debater" on these feelings things. Absolutely right Stone is right up there... good suggestion

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Jan Platil never got his chance to cheap shot Toronto Maple Leafs

Andre Petersson should have been a player in the new NHL.

Alexei Kaigorodov's blog.

Oleg Saprikyn's speed.

I thought it was Nikulins blog? But yea that was great.

Reactions: robsenz

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
you figure how to measure "missed" .. get some official body to agree with your definition and metrics and get back to me. I will not debate "The Debater" on these feelings things. Absolutely right Stone is right up there... good suggestion

Just going by what the creator of this topic suggested. There is no right or wrong, it is a subjective discussion for sure.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If Muckler never traded Hossa and managed to keep Chara over Redden, it would have changed everything and the Sens might have had a Cup or two... and many more playoffs rounds won. Those 2 moves are pretty much the kick start to the eventual struggles the Sens went through since the SCF in 2007

Perhaps there never would hace been a SCF in 2007 had those moves not been made. Neither player was on the 07 roster and it was the most successful season in franchise history

Admittedly it is an unpopular opinion here, but i find Hossa's time here was romanticized. Hossa never found playoff success until he landed somewhere where he was the 4th or 5th best player on his team and we needed him to be more than that.

I think Chara would have been franchise altering although we may not have Alfie's legacy had Chara stayed.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Good point about duchene. He is barely missed here it seems. Was one of the best Ottawa Senators players I’ve ever seen.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I like the Spezza and Chara answers already given.

I always thought we’d have done well to get Bonk back after the lockout. Properly slotted behind Spezza, his size, two way play, faceoff skills and experience would all have been beneficial. Granted he didn’t produce much in Montreal but at the time I thought we had made a mistake and still think he’d have done better in Ottawa than he did in Montreal.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Good point about duchene. He is barely missed here it seems. Was one of the best Ottawa Senators players I’ve ever seen.
Duchene is missed alright

Any time someone discusses what we gave up and ultimately got back, they miss that he played 118 games as a Senator putting up 107 points.

Hey now that I think about it....that's gotta be fastest to 100 points in Sens history

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Any time someone discusses what we gave up and ultimately got back, they miss that he played 118 games as a Senator putting up 107 points.

Hey now that I think about it....that's gotta be fastest to 100 points in Sens history
Heatley did it in 1 season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I liked Duchene when he was here but it is hard to deny that there is something about him that doesn't inspire confidence.

His first season in Nashville has been very weak and they were supposed to contend.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I liked Duchene when he was here but it is hard to deny that there is something about him that doesn't inspire confidence.

His first season in Nashville has been very weak and they were supposed to contend.

I haven't seen a lot of Nashville games but I'd wager that sub 900 goaltending from Rinne is a larger part of the issue there. They have transitioned partly to Saros but with Rinne in net, 3 out of 5 games the goaltending isn't good enough to win. That's an issue we should be familiar with given our front row seats watching Anderson decline

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Also to add to Heatley, Yashin did it in 107 games. Duchenne hit 100 in 113 games.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Also to add to Heatley, Yashin did it in 107 games. Duchenne hit 100 in 113 games.
Actually i thought about Yashin but didn't bother to look it up....Heatley for whatever reason just slipped my mind

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Actually i thought about Yashin but didn't bother to look it up....Heatley for whatever reason just slipped my mind

Those are the only two that jump to mind for me and i suspect the only ones. We mostly developed our own talent over the years so our top players haven't come in scoring a pt per game.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We brought in some great players in the old days. Dean-O-Mac, Sharkko, Donovan, Comrie, Cullen.
Lots of good secondary depth pickups back then.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->