What Rentals Would You Like To Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I want them to leave this team alone. It's fine just the way it is. The only move that I would feel comfortable with is trading Gardiner and a pick/prospect for a RHD.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Better optimization of our team would be like adding a great player at the deadline. 0 interest in rentals, but a Hamilton/Pesce acquisition would give us a top-5 D core (assuming Zaitsev has to go back for cap reasons):

Muzzin - Rielly
Gardiner - Pesce/Hamilton
Dermott - Hainsey

And I'm sure Babs would find a way to give Hainsey close to the most icetime.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Didn't Dubas already come out and say that he won't acquire any rentals?

What is the upside of publicly coming out with such a statement ?

Just do your business and try and improve the team ... No need for cheap proclamations

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

Just do your business and try and improve the team ... No need for cheap proclamations

And how do you know Dubas wasn't just sending a smoke screen. He has said he wouldn't give up a 1st, or our 2 Marlie D for a rental. Said he would prefer to acquire a player with term. He has never stated he would not trade for a UFA to be.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think they can get Tanev for someone not on their roster and thats an easy improvement. Tanev has been really good this season and healthy for a change. Anything involving AJ seems like a deal they might really regret. Even though I would prefer Pesce I think I would keep AJ and Kappy both. If they don't have a good playoff it might be Nylander who is outbound and he has a lot more trade value and will provide cap flexibility as well.

I doubt there are any takers for Zaits without a sweetener. Zaitsev needs a more defensive mate rather than being the backup for another PMD. He went from being a rushing defenseman himself to handling the puck like a grenade. How often does pairing two attacking defensemen ever work? Rielly with Tanev, Zaits with Muzzin, Dermott with Hainsey/Oz and Gards elsewhere to pay for Tanev. Don-sold-Babs your uncle!

Jinx!!!

https://www.tsn.ca/canucks-place-d-tanev-on-ir-1.1257986

Reactions: TML Dynasty

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I would do these moves today.

Johnsson + Brown + Rosen
for
Pesce + J. Gauthier

Then trade with Vegas:

Gardiner + Timashov + 3rd
for
Nic Hague + Ryan Reaves + 2nd (becomes 1st if he resigns.)

Run this.

Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Moore - Kadri - Nylander
Ennis - Gauther - Reaves
Lindholm
(Ennis can shift to the right if Reaves is not in the lineup)

Rielly - Pesce
Muzzin - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey
OZ

Andersen
Sparks

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Not really a jinx! Tanev is just injury prone!

I wish that some Leaf fans would just stop with the suggestions to acquire him.
I don't want him either. There are better targets out there.

Reactions: Al14

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm torn. On the one hand I'd like to borderline throw all our eggs in one basket and push for a cup this year, before next years dramatic overpayments kick in.

But on the other hand, we desperately need cheap depth for next year.

So i'm just not really sure...

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

It's not a cheap proclamation at all. If anything it was a subtle nudge to the media that if they overhyped the deadline they are going to be disappointed.

0 interest in rentals. Only pieces that fit into the long term big picture. Even then... if it's not broke don't brake it just to say you fixed it.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
It's not a cheap proclamation at all. If anything it was a subtle nudge to the media that if they overhyped the deadline they are going to be disappointed.

0 interest in rentals. Only pieces that fit into the long term big picture. Even then... if it's not broke don't brake it just to say you fixed it.
I prefer the Lou approach ... Say nothing

Reactions: hotpaws

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Why do we need any more offense?
If we make another move it should be for a depth D. Nothing more

Matthews with an offensively elite LW would have a greater overall impact than a depth D.

We're missing one more forward to complete 3 lines of dominance.

Why not explore this avenue?

edit- I know stone is a RW but I'm sure him or Kapanen will slide over.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
No rentals.
Already traded the 1st round pick so stop it.
As much i want the Cup I still want a long run for this team like a decade of dominance and rentals are not a way to go.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Didn't Dubas already come out and say that he won't acquire any rentals?
No he said he wouldn't give up a 1st, Sandin, or Liljegren for a rental. Other stuff could be moved to fill holes like Lindholms spot on the roster.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd trade a 2nd rounder for Lovejoy or McQuaid. Low salary UFAs who can both help us withstand a heavy forecheck. But like someone mentioned Dubie has said no to UFA rentals. I don't agree with his stance on this matter given we are lacking this skill and it could be our undoing in the first round again.
You'd trade a 2nd for Mcquaid? New York would take that and run. They're looking for something similar to what they traded for him, a 4th and 7th if I recall. Nowhere near 2nd round value. Hes a #6 dman.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad