What Rentals Would You Like To Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't like concept of rentals either but i think they are reality in today's CAP NHL. If you have a team need where you don't have the personnel today in farm system and it could hamper your playoff efforts. Is it not worth the risk especially if you don't think you could sign the guy you are giving up?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Maybe Z, Brown and AJ and a pick but doubt Canes would go for it. Pesce would cost less and lower CAP next year.
Cames want him off their cap. The owner wants to keep the teams cost down on D and spend it on offence.

Either way it has to be money in and then money out. We simply lack cap space this year and next.

RLF

May 5, 2014
A right-handed PP dman with a shot would really help Mitch out, it will help opens the lanes up for Mitch
Or we could also have Marner and Matthews switch sides so that when it does run through Marner, both Rielly up top and Matthews cross ice are open for one-timers.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Are you willing to give up AJ or Kappy for that #4RHD.
AJ for Pesce without hesitation.

Nylander,Marner and 1 of Kappy/Johnsson (prefer Kappy) is good.
Then we need a forward who is a Johnsson/Hyman hybrid to play with Matthews. Some heavy and aggressive.
Then in another year Marleau becomes a heavier forward/blue collar skill. That’s a good blend of centers, white collar, blue collar and Hyman/Brown/Moore support types. Should be able to play multiple styles + the top 4 RHD with Rielly/Muzzin.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
AJ for Pesce without hesitation.

Nylander,Marner and 1 of Kappy/Johnsson (prefer Kappy) is good.
Then we need a forward who is a Johnsson/Hyman hybrid to play with Matthews. Some heavy and aggressive.
Then in another year Marleau becomes a heavier forward/blue collar skill. That’s a good blend of centers, white collar, blue collar and Hyman/Brown/Moore support types. Should be able to play multiple styles + the top 4 RHD with Rielly/Muzzin.

Agree with you but you will have to add to AJ to get Pesce. No idea what AJ alone gets you in terms of RHD 1 for 1. Tanev maybe ??

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Give me cheap depth guys...load me up
Methot
Lovejoy
Spezza
Fehr
Stafford
Brouwer
Eric Staal
Ryan Miller

Give me depth at all positions without having to give up much.
I don't like the idea of Sparks, GOAT, Lindholm, Ozhiganov ever seeing the ice in a playoff game.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Gudas isn't a rental as he has another year left on his contract. Injury need aside, not sure I'd be too interested in adding any rentals as I'd hope they could be re-signed and don't know who'd definitely fit under next season's cap at this point. I don't expect every new addition next season to be AHL promotions, but...

Last edited:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
i would like to get kreider and mcquaid(just to mess with boston) from the rags..but probably not prepared to give up what they would want for kreider(not a rental).
Kreider would be an amazing add, I just dont think the leafs would be willing to trade what it would take.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Zuccarello to replace Lindholms spot in the lineup. But of course that would mean Johnsson to the 4th line because Babcock.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I wonder if Canes would do

Hamilton for Johnsson+Zaitsev+Liljegren

Or

Blues
Parayko+ 3rd for Johnsson+Zaitsev+Liljegren+2nd

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Agree with you but you will have to add to AJ to get Pesce. No idea what AJ alone gets you in terms of RHD 1 for 1. Tanev maybe ??
If I’m giving up AJ or Kap, I want someone who is more age appropriate. Pesce is a 94 birthday compared to Tanev at 89. Plus there is the injury history so I’d pass.
I want a 10 year partner for Rielly even if we have to add a little.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Kreider would be an amazing add, I just dont think the leafs would be willing to trade what it would take.
i dont think i would either, but hes the perfect simmonds-type player that actually has game left and doesnt depend on the PP to score goals(this year aside)

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I wonder if Canes would do

Hamilton for Johnsson+Zaitsev+Liljegren

Or

Blues
Parayko+ 3rd for Johnsson+Zaitsev+Liljegren+2nd

Seems like there's too much D going to Carolina. Think they're still deciding between a hockey trade (d-man like Pesce or Hamilton out, forward in) or moving TVR (maybe Faulk) for futures. Don't know if STL is interested as much in a shakeup deal now that they are in a playoff spot (slim as that margin is). Can't ever rule anything out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad