What Rentals Would You Like To Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If they don’t like what’s in the minors, ideally they’d like to shed some of the redundant players for a few grinders (or picks) that can play n the NHL..
Other than getting tid of contracts there should be no thought of dealing anymore picks.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
No rentals...Keep the cap space for bonuses and carry on. I'd rather see a "hockey trade" with dollars in roughly equalling dollars out for a player or two with some grit but also some skill...Not an easy task but possible. Failing that just go with what we got. We need to rebuild our prospect pool and giving up more picks isn't the way to go right now.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
No rentals...Keep the cap space for bonuses and carry on. I'd rather see a "hockey trade" with dollars in roughly equalling dollars out for a player or two with some grit but also some skill...Not an easy task but possible. Failing that just go with what we got. We need to rebuild our prospect pool and giving up more picks isn't the way to go right now.
Fair enough!

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
They already traded the 1st rounder for this year. So the big trade has already happened. If anything happens at all now, it will be something small.

What can you get for late picks and depth players? That's what we might end up with. My hope is for Ben Lovejoy from NJD. He's as bland as they come. Average size, average skill, average speed. He's a pending UFA making 2.6 million and playing an average of 17 minutes a night.... Did I mention he's right handed!?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'd trade a 2nd rounder for Lovejoy or McQuaid. Low salary UFAs who can both help us withstand a heavy forecheck. But like someone mentioned Dubie has said no to UFA rentals. I don't agree with his stance on this matter given we are lacking this skill and it could be our undoing in the first round again.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I really have been hearing that Hamilton is our target from the canes and the money out has to match. So maybe Zaitsev one of the two wingers Kappy or Johnnson plus a prospect for Hamition.
Too many defensive issues to correct. And we don't need another Gards type. A little better but we could get a brighter stick. And he makes too much CAP wise for what he brings offensively.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Rentals NOT needed. I'd like to see better use being made out of the players we already have.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Too many defensive issues to correct. And we don't need another Gards type. A little better but we could get a brighter stick. And he makes too much CAP wise for what he brings offensively.
Yes but he instantly becomes our best Right Shot D man who then plays on our second Pp unit. The money in and out has to work this year and next year as well.

beebuzz

Nov 30, 2018
I can't think of anyone that we actually have the artillery to give up for that would also improve our team enough to be worth it, but hey, maybe I just don't know the rental market very well. And I pray to God if we do get a rental, that they show up.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes but he instantly becomes our best Right Shot D man who then plays on our second Pp unit. The money in and out has to work this year and next year as well.
Maybe Z, Brown and AJ and a pick but doubt Canes would go for it. Pesce would cost less and lower CAP next year.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Checks Tanev's status: injured
3b4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad