What Rentals Would You Like To Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Seems like there's too much D going to Carolina. Think they're still deciding between a hockey trade (d-man like Pesce or Hamilton out, forward in) or moving TVR (maybe Faulk) for futures. Don't know if STL is interested as much in a shakeup deal now that they are in a playoff spot (slim as that margin is). Can't ever rule anything out though.

I would be fine parting with Bracco if we get Hamilton

Hamilton for Johnsson+Zaitsev+Bracco

Canes get 2 forwards with offensive upside.

But Zaitsev has to be the money out; otherwise no deal.

If it is Pesce the swap Bracco with other prospect (not named Bracco,Moore, Liljegren, Sandin) and then I am game

Not too interested in Faulk

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I would be fine parting with Bracco if we get Hamilton

Hamilton for Johnsson+Zaitsev+Bracco

Canes get 2 forwards with offensive upside.

But Zaitsev has to be the money out; otherwise no deal.

If it is Pesce the swap Bracco with other prospect (not named Bracco,Moore, Liljegren, Sandin) and then I am game

Not too interested in Faulk

Definitely have to move a d-man (possibly/probably Zaitsev) if we acquire one, but I think that would have to be in another deal with another team.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Definitely have to move a d-man (possibly/probably Zaitsev) if we acquire one, but I think that would have to be in another deal with another team.

I see your point but I think Canes are more desperate than the Leafs; they can probably move Zaitsev/TVR

Reactions: Buds17

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
No to a rental.

We have already given up our 1st, and we haven't had a 2nd in 2 years now.

If anything, I would be open to trading Gardiner to gain a 1st back. He's leaving anyways, we can't afford to re-sign, and we already have his replacement in Muzzin in the fold.

I hated losing Bozak, Komarov, and JVR last year for nothing, when it was obvious we weren't winning it all, and Gardiner is a more valuable piece than the 3 of them.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The one thing about dealing a rental to the Leafs, you know they're a guaranteed rental Toronto won't be able to resign on you.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
None. I want a top 4 RHD and a skilled winger who can play heavy and aggressive.

Sounds like Peasce and Ferland but the talking heads say Ferland may be shooting for Tom Wilson money. I would give a lot for those two if I thought Ferland was going to resignable.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If I’m giving up AJ or Kap, I want someone who is more age appropriate. Pesce is a 94 birthday compared to Tanev at 89. Plus there is the injury history so I’d pass.
I want a 10 year partner for Rielly even if we have to add a little.

Agreed, makes sense and what I was thinking. Just don't know what the add to AJ would be to get us a Pesce.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Agree with you but you will have to add to AJ to get Pesce. No idea what AJ alone gets you in terms of RHD 1 for 1. Tanev maybe ??

I think they can get Tanev for someone not on their roster and thats an easy improvement. Tanev has been really good this season and healthy for a change. Anything involving AJ seems like a deal they might really regret. Even though I would prefer Pesce I think I would keep AJ and Kappy both. If they don't have a good playoff it might be Nylander who is outbound and he has a lot more trade value and will provide cap flexibility as well.

I doubt there are any takers for Zaits without a sweetener. Zaitsev needs a more defensive mate rather than being the backup for another PMD. He went from being a rushing defenseman himself to handling the puck like a grenade. How often does pairing two attacking defensemen ever work? Rielly with Tanev, Zaits with Muzzin, Dermott with Hainsey/Oz and Gards elsewhere to pay for Tanev. Don-sold-Babs your uncle!

Reactions: ToneDog

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
If the leafs trade for a RH dman, what dman get pulled from the lineup? Hainsey wont, Babcock loves him. So Dermott? I think the leafs have to trade Gardiner and use the draft picks/ prospects from that deal to find a RH dman

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
No rentals, save our assets for guys that we can actually keep beyond this summer

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If the leafs trade for a RH dman, what dman get pulled from the lineup? Hainsey wont, Babcock loves him. So Dermott? I think the leafs have to trade Gardiner and use the draft picks/ prospects from that deal to find a RH dman

This is very true. Add a new RHD and if we remove our worst Dman Z goes to the press box.

Still stuck with only having 1-RHD

Dermott has had a great streak of games, playing with a lot of confidence. His first step and aggressivnes is impressive.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Ideally one would be moved within the same deal or shortly after (Gards). No one is taking Zaitsevs contract before the deadline.

Rielly RHD
Muzzin Dermott
Hainsey Zaitsev

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Go for Jensen, Brown + Ozighanov gone. Cash gone, Red Wings get a 3rd liner (for them) who has an extra year

Zaitsev + 2020 3rd + Hutchinson gone to Ottawa (who needs to hit cap floor next year) for Demello + Puljiarvi + Condon + Nilsson. Two cap dump goalies, a meh #5/6 rhd and a fast cheap 4th liner who has shown he can pk. If they move Ceci, he would be their #1 RHD.

Bracco + Borgman for Crouse. More size and snarl at LW, Bracco isnt gonna pass Kap, Marner or Nylander.

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthew's Kapannen
Marelau Kadri Nylander
Crouse Goat Puljiarvi

Rielly Hainsey (Babs wont kill it)
Muzzin Jensen
Dermott DeMello

Try and see if Jensen is a legit top 4 guy, or just one on Detroit because of a lack of competition.
DeMello has really solid fancy stats, but on a horrendous team.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I know we won't have much Cap because of bonus carry over. If you account for those how much could we spend in an add? A mil or two?

So we need a cheap RHD on an expiring contract who we can get for middling prospects. Won't be an exciting deadline.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I agree but AJ alone won't get you Pesce. Kappy is a non-starter for me. The kid has played well above expectations this year.

I'd wanna keep Kapanen if we could only have 1, but I believe we can have both, and fwiw, their production this year is virtually identical.

Reactions: ToneDog

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
No to a rental.

We have already given up our 1st, and we haven't had a 2nd in 2 years now.

If anything, I would be open to trading Gardiner to gain a 1st back. He's leaving anyways, we can't afford to re-sign, and we already have his replacement in Muzzin in the fold.

I hated losing Bozak, Komarov, and JVR last year for nothing, when it was obvious we weren't winning it all, and Gardiner is a more valuable piece than the 3 of them.

2nd place teams looking to make a run at a cup don't trade 40-50 point defencemen for futures at the deadline... a hockey deal maybe if he wasn't a pending UFA. Just like teams in our position last year don't trade 30+ goal scorers like JVR. Recouping assets sounds great, and all, but teams just don't cut their playoff chances off at the knees. If anything, you try to bolster your lineup.

Also, we had a 2nd in both the last 2 years. Last year we took Durzi, previous one we took Rasanen. We could do those deals because we had extra picks.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Depth rentals please- With cap space issues and unwillingness to move quality pieces - this is the only option.. Subtle tweaks for low cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad