What punishment does Scheifele get from the League? UPD: will have phone hearing today

What's the punishment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Since it’s objectively charging, as a minimum, I think the suspension will be significant. There’s nothing to really parse like many other hits.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
He never looked at the puck!
It was intentional because he was frustrated with the game.

But I hope he comes back before the series is over...the big 4 will give him his justice on the ice.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I'm very pessimistic... A star player injuring a 4th liner. No record. Already 5min and misconduct. Parros not known to be proactive... Campbell looking over his shoulder...

I'm guessing not even a fine (a fine would be accepting it was a bad hit... A lot more difficult then to justify not suspending him)

NHL will always disapoint me in that regard.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I watch a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of hockey from every league around and that was one the dirtiest and filthiest things I've seen in years. I expect Parros to say in one of his moronic videos...."the principle point of contact was the shoulder and Evans put himself into a vulnerable position by not being aware of an innocent forward like Scheifle. As a result,Evans will be fined $5,000 and Scheifle will be given that $5,000 plus a trophy for not swearing on the ice.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Schitfele doesn’t have priors he get 2 games. Considering what the repercussion for the injured player the NHL is just doing a horrible job at protecting their player and their brand but it hard to give him more because or all of the precedent of other players not getting more than 2 games.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Given what this hit was, and that were in the playoffs, it should be 6 games. However, due to the current state of the DOPS it will be the 1 game for major penalty in the last 10 min.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Who on the habs is going to fight? Modern team with no goons. They have a reliable fan base and s non-vindictive owner so the league will crap on them. If the series gets violent it won’t be good for the Canadiens.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'm very pessimistic... A star player injuring a 4th liner. No record. Already 5min and misconduct. Parros not known to be proactive... Campbell looking over his shoulder...

I'm guessing not even a fine (a fine would be accepting it was a bad hit... A lot more difficult then to justify not suspending him)

NHL will always disapoint me in that regard.
Sadly yes. Amateur league, puppet Parros, no brain, no guts, no leadership.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
My bet is he'll get 2-3 games for late + charging + intent to injure. Hopefully Habs would be up 3-1 by then and Edmundson drops him hard in game 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Yup - maximum 2GP, but I’m expecting $5,000 slap on the wrist

If I'm a lawyer for a former NHL player suing based on the league doing nothing for concussions I'm salivating at the league giving a slap on the wrist because it proves my case.

You have to think the league is cognizant enough to feel like they have to give a significant suspension. And as dumb a comparison as it may be, coming off the heels of suspending Kadri for a hit to the head, if they turn around and give Scheilfe a slap on the wrist they open themselves up to the racism claim.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Apparently

a) it was accidental
b) he's not a dirty player
c) it was clean
d) he just wasn't thinking straight because it's the end of the game
e) he was just "racing to the puck"

B) is true, as far as I know, still doesn't change anything to what happened. The rest is just straight up horseshit.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad