What playoff outcome for the Habs would be enough to make you happy?

What playoff outcome for the Habs would be enough to make you happy?

• Total voters

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don’t see them exerting themselves but they also are playing to face a lower seed. I’m guessing they’d rather not face a team like the Penguins in the 1st round.
True but jockeying for position has bit more than 1 club over the years,

Jul 6, 2016
Compete hard and well for five games... and lose in OT in Game 5.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Maybe not but it's still not the same intensity and you know they would rather be healthy vs. Having a slightly more favorable match up

It won’t be the same intensity at all, I agree with that. And I can see a team healthy scratching top players and playing their back-up goalie too.

Reactions: Rapala

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
True but jockeying for position has bit more than 1 club over the years,

I agree with you. But if it came down to the last game and a team could be seed 3 or seed 4 they might push a bit more. We’ll see, them coming out healthy is the most important thing.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Well number one would be the cup. Getting lafreniere would be number 2. Number 3....a dominating performance by our young players. Like suzuki or kotkaniemi just showing some signs that they can dominate. Not likely but i would like to see that kind of performance.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well number one would be the cup. Getting lafreniere would be number 2. Number 3....a dominating performance by our young players. Like suzuki or kotkaniemi just showing some signs that they can dominate. Not likely but i would like to see that kind of performance.

The reality is it took us 71 games to get 19 ROW in the regular season. How can anyone expect us to get 19 wins in the 33 possible PLAYOFF games? Not bowing out immediately is tantamount to suicide. If killing a dead corpse could be called that. LOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder...what would putting $100 on Habs winning the cup get you if they did?

You’d probably get Covid when you go out to collect from the shady bookie who took your bet. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think that the teams advancing from the Play-Ins have a better shot of winning the next round.

It's another reason why I hated this set-up from the NHL. You think any of the teams playing in the round-robin are going to do much more than try not to get hurt? While the other series are playing for their lives?

There is a huge mismatch in that intensity and we've seen this happen before, like last year with TB vs. CBJ. CBJ had been fighting for their lives for over a month while TB had everything locked up, they couldn't match their intensity and then had a few injuries.. game over.

I can see an underdog factor getting milked.

“Do you realize how little faith management has in you guys?

They sold assets for futures at the TDL! Assets that could have helped you win now!

Also, Friedman reported that management was upset at being included in the Covid Transmissional!

Not to mention that all mainstream and social media are against you! They all say or infer that you don’t deserve to be here.

Do we really need Lafrenière? No we don’t!”

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
To exemplify how much this format will change probable outcomes, consider Carey Price.

When is Carey Price more likely to backstop Pittsburgh in a 3 of 5? After a long hiatus or after a long season?

Good question, he’s about to see two of the best playoff performers in the league in Malkin and Crosby who elevate their game for the playoffs. Yeah he’ll be rested but will he have his timing down in a game situation to face some of the best players in the NHL?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Good question, he’s about to see two of the best playoff performers in the league in Malkin and Crosby who elevate their game for the playoffs. Yeah he’ll be rested but will he have his timing down in a game situation to face some of the best players in the NHL?

Goes the same for shooters. Price often has hot starts to boot.

And also consider younger players who are more often than not fatigued by a long schedule

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Goes the same for shooters. Price often has hot starts to boot.

And also consider younger players who are more often than fatigued by a long schedule

I see this hockey coming up a lot different than playing in October. I can agree with timing being the same. But players will elevate their games in a do or die situation vs the start of the long grind of a regular season.

As far as Price is concerned, I’m just looking at records here:

In the first 5 games per season he was:

2019: 2-2-1 with 17 GA and a .896 sv %
2018: 2-1-2 with 13 GA and a .904 sv %
2017: 1-3-1 with 15 GA and a .885 sv %

The Little Viking

Jul 7, 2017
Austin TX
Habs play well and take it to 5 games but lose. 5 entertaining games. Young guns all play well, especially KK, Suzuki, Juulsen. Drouin gets back on track which then brings back a bigger return as part of a trade package for a top 10 2020 pick. Habs win the lottery and get Lafreniere and Rossi.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I see this hockey coming up a lot different than playing in October. I can agree with timing being the same. But players will elevate their games in a do or die situation vs the start of the long grind of a regular season.

As far as Price is concerned, I’m just looking at records here:

In the first 5 games per season he was:

2019: 2-2-1 with 17 GA and a .896 sv %
2018: 2-1-2 with 13 GA and a .904 sv %
2017: 1-3-1 with 15 GA and a .885 sv %

Price tends to get hot in November but then again that was before the god awful D we've handicapped him with these past number of seasons.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You just gave me anxiety. Hope you are right but we are all going to be emotional wrecks if this happens. :laugh:

It would not be my ideal scenario. Could you image seeing all hope for Laf disappear on a flukey OT goal in game 5 on top of the stress we succumbed just to get to that point. I don't know about anyone else but I'm all for losing up until the puck drops then I can't stand it. Thank You NHL. whelp

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It would not be my ideal scenario. Could you image seeing all hope for Laf disappear on a flukey OT goal in game 5 on top of the stress we succumbed just to get to that point. I don't know about anyone else but I'm all for losing up until the puck drops then I can't stand it. Thank You NHL. whelp

Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching the Habs play but man... please give us a shot at Lafreniere. Our fan base is going to go nuts from Aug 1st to 10th. lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1/8 legit the best chance Habs ever had in something in decades.
giphy.gif

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad