What playoff outcome for the Habs would be enough to make you happy?

What playoff outcome for the Habs would be enough to make you happy?

• Total voters

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I hope young team gel, and they all show big improvement and we go far . Screw 1st overall pick . I want something to enjoy. I changed me mind !

Reactions: angusyoung

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How does anyone Not pick Winning the SC??

How can any other scenario make you happier than winning the cup?

I see may a people have never attended the Vulcan school of logic.

Because this is a sham format coming after a 4 month break in which a litany of teams, who would have never made it, are forced in.

Montreal winning the cup in this scenario, as the 8th worst team in the league, would further expose the covid invitational as the pale representation of a Stanley Cup play-offs that it is.

After a life-time of frustrating fandom, to witness my first cup win as winning -this- tournament? Would be like finding out someone paid the girl who gave you your first kiss. Yeah, you kissed a girl.. but did you really?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Because this is a sham format coming after a 4 month break in which a litany of teams, who would have never made it, are forced in.

Montreal winning the cup in this scenario, as the 8th worst team in the league, would further expose the covid invitational as the pale representation of a Stanley Cup play-offs that it is.

After a life-time of frustrating fandom, to witness my first cup win as winning -this- tournament? Would be like finding out someone paid the girl who gave you your first kiss. Yeah, you kissed a girl.. but did you really?
Like it?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Why win the Cup when we could lose and have a one in eight chance of picking a player who might help us, one day, win a Cup?!?!

The former will forever be put in doubt, for obvious reasons stated ad nauseum by many, while the latter, depending on circumstance, would probably never be put in doubt.

Also, if part of our own fanbase already recognizes its lack of legitimacy even if WE were to win that cup, now imagine if we indeed win it, imagine the other fanbases. It's gonna be even worst with them.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal

Ridiculous!

That's a point of view. You say it's a sham, I say it is unprecedented.

We would be the only team in history to have to play 5 rounds and get 19 wins in order to hoist the cup.

Habs would make history again.

Fans would be like whatever dudes, you might have won the cup this year but remember 2020... Habs had to beat top seated teams in every round and won 19 games on the way to winning the cup.

What did your team do? A measly 16 wins against some top teams?

Your argument is weak.
And here I'll use your example to prove my point.
It would be like finding out someone paid the girl you first banged.
Yeah you had sex with a girl but did you lose your virginity? Hell yeah!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
None of the above.

If no one gets the virus in the middle of a pandemic, that's the best possible outcome. The rest is gravy.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It’s the Cup or lose to the Pens, we have to win 19 games to win the Cup so I don’t really think of it as a sham unless a pile of those wins are by default when the other team can’t show

And who are all these people that are paying for girls to kiss and have sex with me?

I normally have to pay for that myself

My friends suck apparently :laugh:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
In hindsight, would have made more sense to hold the lottery after the 'play in' round.

Now fans will be hoping for their favorite team to lose?

img_0574.jpg

With foresight, it was also stupid to not have done that. This puts into question results of the play-in round, regardless of how everyone tries to sell you it is all about winning, and this may be the real reason why the Cup might not hold the same value as other Cups.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ridiculous!

That's a point of view. You say it's a sham, I say it is unprecedented.

We would be the only team in history to have to play 5 rounds and get 19 wins in order to hoist the cup.

Habs would make history again.

Fans would be like whatever dudes, you might have won the cup this year but remember 2020... Habs had to beat top seated teams in every round and won 19 games on the way to winning the cup.

What did your team do? A measly 16 wins against some top teams?

Your argument is weak.
And here I'll use your example to prove my point.
It would be like finding out someone paid the girl you first banged.
Yeah you had sex with a girl but did you lose your virginity? Hell yeah!

I respect your view but my opinion of it won't change and a lot of people feel the way I do, hence the skew of the poll.

I don't think my view is ridiculous at all, this doesn't feel like a natural conclusion to a season, just an arbitrary tournament in the middle of summer.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
Voted not even winning the cup ... I would have voted loss in the playins, why is the option not there if someone wants to collect opinions ? Even if it's misspelled and round 1 is the playins, I'm certainly not happy they made the "playoffs"

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
''made the playoffs''

We were 12th place with 10 points behind , with 2 ahl line and we lost 4 times to detroit..
How can someone be happy that we make the playoffs , even if we were to win the cup , that wouldnt even be cool since our team does not deserve it at all. Any teams outside the playoffs does not deserve to win the cup.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
''made the playoffs''

We were 12th place with 10 points behind , with 2 ahl line and we lost 4 times to detroit..
How can someone be happy that we make the playoffs , even if we were to win the cup , that wouldnt even be cool since our team does not deserve it at all. Any teams outside the playoffs does not deserve to win the cup.
Hey, we didn't make the rules, they're not handing the Cup to anyone. You still have to play for it. If the last placed team goes all the way, all the power to them, makes it all the more deserving.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The former will forever be put in doubt, for obvious reasons stated ad nauseum by many, while the latter, depending on circumstance, would probably never be put in doubt.

Also, if part of our own fanbase already recognizes its lack of legitimacy even if WE were to win that cup, now imagine if we indeed win it, imagine the other fanbases. It's gonna be even worst with them.

No other fanbase on hf seems as offended by this cup as some hab fans seem to be, so we're good here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad