What player will be massively overrated following his playoff performance?

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Toffoli may regress to his previous paces but that doesn’t mean he’s overrated. He’s still a solid top 6 winger. He’s also maturing as a player and this may be the norm going forward in the playoffs. He was pretty young on the kings run in 2014 so you can’t compare those numbers.

UED

May 2, 2021
LMAO!!!!! I guess you missed the fact that he was the Bolts' leading scorer and without Kuch all season????? OY!!!!
His scoring comparables are Buchnevich, Lindholm, Miller, Palat, Strome, and Gaudreau, didn't come close to PPG.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Carey Price for sure. People are already saying he is "far and away" the best Goaltender in the NHL. Like ok, Vasilevskiy doesn't exist anymore I guess.

I know it's hypothetical. But where would both teams be right now if they traded goalies? Would Montreal be in the semi finals? Not saying they wouldn't be. But Vasilevskiy has a bunch of stars in front of him.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I know it's hypothetical. But where would both teams be right now if they traded goalies? Would Montreal be in the semi finals? Not saying they wouldn't be. But Vasilevskiy has a bunch of stars in front of him.
If Price was not in the net for montreal , montreal would be like the Sabres right now. No playoffs for the last 12 years.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Vasilevsky could steal a series if he had to; it's just that he's never been forced to do it. Price is playing very well in these playoffs, but age has caught up with him and he's no longer the superhuman he once was, whereas Vasilevsky is at his peak. So yeah, if they switched places, I think Tampa would be worse off.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Vasilevsky could steal a series if he had to; it's just that he's never been forced to do it. Price is playing very well in these playoffs, but age has caught up with him and he's no longer the superhuman he once was, whereas Vasilevsky is at his peak. So yeah, if they switched places, I think Tampa would be worse off.
yeah like when he was swept in the first round twice. meanwhile Price literal 100% winrate when the Habs score 3 goals

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Carey Price for sure. People are already saying he is "far and away" the best Goaltender in the NHL. Like ok, Vasilevskiy doesn't exist anymore I guess.

not often you would hear that a former Hart/Vezina winner/Olympic gold medallist who is having yet another HOF caliber crunch time performance is at risk of being "overrated" :biglaugh:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Chiarot and Edmundson are already being put on pedestals in many habs fans minds...

both are playing really gritty, high effort, put it all on the line type of performances... and both are, if we're being honest, very limited players who should not be subject to the 22-25 min a night they are courageously taking on. Without Price behind them, the holes in their respective games would be exposed far more readily. Both are solid, but unspectacular, 2nd pairing dmen caliber players (or excellent 3rd pairing dmen), but some fans are praising them as bonafide top-3 dmen... a level that their games just doesn't live up to.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
yeah like when he was swept in the first round twice. meanwhile Price literal 100% winrate when the Habs score 3 goals

CBJ in 2019... when was the other time for Vasilevsky getting swept?

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
He just allowed a weak tiebreaker during the 3rd period and literally shifts later SN is describing his brilliance.

Dude is like a f***ing deity.

If not for him, that wouldn't have been a tie to begin with.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad