What NHL arenas have the best and worst concessions?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
KBA and lots of places in Buffalo accept Canadian dollars (usually at 20% less than USD which is what it is at the Key). I went to a Niagara basketball game and the Tims in the student center accepted my leftover twonies.
Crazy.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bridgestone has some... interesting options.

New Food Offerings Created to Please Preds Fans, Bridgestone Arena Guests

Screenshot_20180929-231944_NHL-720x1480.jpg

I'm not a fan of trying to eat messy food in a crowded seat, but I'm all on board for that cookie dessert.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not sure if they’ve improved or not but I brought Canadian money to Buffalo one night and I’m real positive Joe vender guy made up the exchange in his head. Actually no. He absolutely did.

I was hungry so didn’t really care to argue. But was irritated when I tried to give him a twoonie and he told me they don’t accept those there.

Like really dude? The 200% exchange rate wasn’t *****ey enough?
In buffalo they should try catering to Canadian fans. It just makes business sense. If you were in Dallas I’d think otherwise. But buffalo is right at the border. Should expect to deal with your weird money ;)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
American Airlines center has pretty good food and actually a really good selection although I don't eat at most games I go to so. From burgers to seafood to steak to BBQ to tex mex. Quite a few bars and stuff as well and the platinum level people (below the suites) get their own waiters and a private restaurant and bar so that's cool but other arenas probably do that too

Movie theater pricing

As for sodas, its Dr. Pepper products mostly

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Rogers Place in Edmonton is actually fairly good for variety and taste. They have a killer Prime Rib Sandwich (Alberta Beef of course)... that's my go to 99% of the time. Rogers serves Pepsi which is my preference.

I'm not going to list all of the food choices... you can see them HERE if you're interested... a few unique options are Peroghy Nachos, Butter Chicken, Porchetta Sandwich...

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
200% so a beer would cost you 28 bucks?

I have a method for sneaking in rum.

Smuggle rum
Buy a ****ty coke
Mix with ****ty rum
Pwowfeet...
Lol it was a while ago but if I remember right a beer and a thing of nachos was around 24 Canadian. It was under 10 American.

I didn’t really care. It was Canadian at par night on the tickets which were already 150 less than a game at the ACC.

I just found the whole thing kinda humorous. Bills stadium was a lot more Canadian friendly any time I was there. And their fried dough stuff was delicious!!!

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Buying food/drinks at the concessions at ANY sporting event/concert makes my wallet sad.

That said - now more than ever I don't miss attending live events when I can watch from home...Cold beer in the fridge, scotch/bourbon in the cabinet, snacks galore, and no lines for the bathroom...Life is good in front of my flat screen tv on a cold winter night.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I've never been to any other NHL arenas but the Saddledome blows.
Cant be that bad, last I remember your beer selection was better than Rogers Place and Rexall Place. Havent been back to Saddledome since The Hip's last tour through there. So maybe it has turned bad since then.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ottawa rates a mention solely for the Tims stand. I got a coffee and donut for $3 CAN (Which is about $2.40 US). To put that in perspective a small cup of Dunkin coffee at MSG costs more than $5. Even more amazing: a coffee at the Tims in Penn Station costs close to $3. There is also a Tims in Columbus where a coffee and donut ran me $3.50, which again for a sports arena is amazing. Columbus also has a Skyline stand, so yeah that place is amazing. Washington has probably the smartest idea in the league: a souvineer cup soda cost $8, but you can literally get all the free refills you want so if you get a refill each intermission that's less than $3 per soda.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I didn't realize people drink soda anymore.

I don't go to sporting events to eat. Might grab some peanuts. Eating in stands or getting jostled at one of those tiny, dirty tables--I'll pass.

Do appreciate the better beer selection nowadays at PPG and others. A beer or maybe two and I'm set.

Go Pens!!!

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Canes have some pretty good BBQ and beer selections. Expensive as hell, but that’s probably par for the course.

Maybe not. Arthur Blank, the owner of the Atlanta Falcons, have made the concessions at Mercedes Benz Stadium relatively cheap. He says that he has actually made more money this way, because he does more business. Hopefully others will follow suit.

P.S. for those that want to know ... beer is $5.00

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I’ve been to all of the NHL and MLB barns on the West Coast and Southwest (Alberta excluded). And the worst I’ve seen of all of those plus the east coast now is the Washington Capitals arena (Capital One Arena).

WORST. FOOD. EVER.

Summation - Crappy Bread, crappy bread, beer, crappy bread, crappy bread, crappy bread and Dunkin’ Donuts.

They may have a championship team but their food selection is dog shit. No, dog shit tastes better than the food they offer there.

Go across town to the Nats ball park, one of the best in all of pro sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFBCommenter

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Rogers Place in Edmonton is actually fairly good for variety and taste. They have a killer Prime Rib Sandwich (Alberta Beef of course)... that's my go to 99% of the time. Rogers serves Pepsi which is my preference.

I'm not going to list all of the food choices... you can see them HERE if you're interested... a few unique options are Peroghy Nachos, Butter Chicken, Porchetta Sandwich...
Don’t forgot the ultimate in arena food and beverage... the bobby nichol burger lol

Reactions: zar

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I’ve been to all of the NHL and MLB barns on the West Coast and Southwest (Alberta excluded). And the worst I’ve seen of all of those plus the east coast now is the Washington Capitals arena (Capital One Arena).

WORST. FOOD. EVER.

Summation - Crappy Bread, crappy bread, beer, crappy bread, crappy bread, crappy bread and Dunkin’ Donuts.

They may have a championship team but their food selection is dog ****. No, dog **** tastes better than the food they offer there.

Go across town to the Nats ball park, one of the best in all of pro sports.
Well when you break the bank for OV you have to make some financial adjustments somewhere and I guess it was the concession products lol

Reactions: Dolemite

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Don’t forgot the ultimate in arena food and beverage... the bobby nichol burger lol

I thought I saw somewhere it was one of the best sellers lol. Either way, Rogers place offers something for everyone. Amazing food choices

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Prudential Center doesn't have like blow you away food, but they have the best chicken fingers I've had at any arena, and the beer is better priced than MSG If they offered pork roll sandwiches, GOAT. MSG has nice and plentiful food choices, though expensive. Buffalo has average food, little pricey for no really good reason.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Not sure if they’ve improved or not but I brought Canadian money to Buffalo one night and I’m real positive Joe vender guy made up the exchange in his head. Actually no. He absolutely did.

I was hungry so didn’t really care to argue. But was irritated when I tried to give him a twoonie and he told me they don’t accept those there.

Like really dude? The 200% exchange rate wasn’t *****ey enough?
Never ever bring Canadian money down to the USA and try and use it.. they pretty much view it as Pesos... similar thing happened to me years ago in Grand Forks ND at a Ozzy Osborne concert trying to buy a beer with Canadian Money...
friendly advice just hit a bank machine in the US if you don’t have time to get to a bank before you go.. you get US cash at a very good exchange rate and you can use most CDN bank Cards..take out more cash than you think you need..either save the US cash that you don’t use for another trip or exchange it at a CDN bank when you get back...

Reactions: nnynetpotato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad