What NHL arenas have the best and worst concessions?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Never ever bring Canadian money down to the USA and try and use it.. they pretty much view it as Pesos... similar thing happened to me years ago in Grand Forks ND at a Ozzy Osborne concert trying to buy a beer with Canadian Money...
friendly advice just hit a bank machine in the US if you don’t have time to get to a bank before you go.. you get US cash at a very good exchange rate and you can use most CDN bank Cards..take out more cash than you think you need..either save the US cash that you don’t use for another trip or exchange it at a CDN bank when you get back...
Ya I knew better. Last minute idea with a group of guys so zero planning involved obviously.

I stick to Bills games once a year now anyways. Just let your drunkest friend go first in the line. 10 minutes of security ushering him back to the parking lot later they usually let the next 20 go by in a hurry.

Can smuggle in some drinks and snacks in the pockets like it’s the movies in the 80s again

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Was in Toronto for a concert last week(Scotia Bank arena). Burger and a pop ran me 20$. The burger was pretty good but was smaller then normal if that makes sense.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I thought I saw somewhere it was one of the best sellers lol. Either way, Rogers place offers something for everyone. Amazing food choices
Yeah I never tried the Bobby burger but the brisket sandwich and chips was damn good eating lol

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I want to eat a whole plate of Pasta and have a fresh pepper shaker guy come around and give me my damn pepper. You want me as a fan? give me fancy service. I am not here to eat a pizza with the peons, i want fancy things.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Never ever bring Canadian money down to the USA and try and use it.. they pretty much view it as Pesos... similar thing happened to me years ago in Grand Forks ND at a Ozzy Osborne concert trying to buy a beer with Canadian Money...
friendly advice just hit a bank machine in the US if you don’t have time to get to a bank before you go.. you get US cash at a very good exchange rate and you can use most CDN bank Cards..take out more cash than you think you need..either save the US cash that you don’t use for another trip or exchange it at a CDN bank when you get back...

I learned the reverse of that real quick when driving to Vancouver from Seattle (and back) going to Canucks games on a regular basis.

Asimplehockeyfan

Sep 6, 2018
I've only been in Canadian arenas. Gotta say the Saddledome has the best beer selection ( bringing in all the local craft breweries ) and it is expensive but not as bad as the Toronto arena.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I've stopped eating at sporting events after I've got food poisoning twice at MTS Centre, once at Rexall Place and another time at Xcel Energy Centre. Now I eat before the game, plus it's cheaper to do it and more sanitary. The odd time I get a beer at Jets games.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
PPG Paints Arena has RC Cola products.

I know someone already mentioned it, but damn come on now.

The worst was when I caught the NCAA championship at then-Consol Energy Center. All my friends were busy that night so I just took the bus down and grabbed a ticket. Forgot it was NCAA so no beer, so there I am with my 32oz RC Cola and a bag of popcorn in a last row seat watching Yale murder Quinnipiac. What a treat!

I find that arena's selection/prices pretty middle-of-the-road, nothing special or terrible. That's actually that building overall, to me. Wells Fargo Center is good just because cheesesteaks are real and accessible, though everything else is average. I just hit MSG for the first time and I found the beer selection overwhelming (not a craft dude) and the fact that they put lids on the beers was confusing. The hot dogs were pretty good.

Prudential has a pretty good selection of food and drink, obviously at bonkers prices, but the chicken spots in there are nice. I dig Barclay's Center for its consumption options and literally nothing else.

Bridgestone rules, though. Never been to an arena where you can just buy shots at a concourse bar...and if you strike up the right conversation people might just buy you some. I have no recollection of the food there for obvious reasons, I think I mighta eaten some mediocre pulled pork, but that's the best fan experience of the 10-or-so arena I have been to.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wells Fargo has Chickies and Pete's crab fries, so big plus there. But it was way better when they had stands for them on the upper concourse instead of the massive first-floor line. You also used to be able to buy beer in the same line when they were on the upper floors. Now you have to stand in a second, different line to get beer.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
American Airlines @ Dallas has probably the best concessions out of any arena I've ever been to. There's a multitude of casual restaurants including a really good pasta bar. Reasonably priced beer, fried pickles and other "southern" stuff. The area around the arena is pretty well designed and traffic isn't even that bad leaving or coming in.

Gila(Phoenix) was so limited as far as concessions go it was almost strange. Staples Center(Kings) is filled with wetzels pretzels, mcdonalds, and 15$ wine "margaritas".

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I was at the Scotiabank Arena last week and I paid $30.50 for some M&Ms, a bag of popcorn, and two Cokes. So that kinda sucked.

The prices are nuts in the arena.

$10 for a damn pizza slice

But you can't blame them. People pay it. you're lucky to get back for period start because so many people are buying things. I remember when Burkie's dog house opened, you go there in the first intermission and you'll get to your seats at the start of the third.

Thankfully the on-ice product these days makes the prices a little more tolerable.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wells Fargo has Chickies and Pete's crab fries, so big plus there. But it was way better when they had stands for them on the upper concourse instead of the massive first-floor line. You also used to be able to buy beer in the same line when they were on the upper floors. Now you have to stand in a second, different line to get beer.

Not to mention we have authentic Philly cheesesteaks and pretzels, Shake Shack burgers, and Lorenzos giant slices of pizza. Decent selection of craft beer. Im content.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not to mention we have authentic Philly cheesesteaks and pretzels, Shake Shack burgers, and Lorenzos giant slices of pizza. Decent selection of craft beer. Im content.

The cheesesteaks in Wells Fargo are meh. Lorenzos is cool on South Street, mostly because I'm drunk at the time. Shake Shack is overrated.

Beer selection is pretty solid. Big fan of anywhere I can get Founders.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The cheesesteaks in Wells Fargo are meh. Lorenzos is cool on South Street, mostly because I'm drunk at the time. Shake Shack is overrated.

Beer selection is pretty solid. Big fan of anywhere I can get Founders.

Campos cheesesteaks are solid and theres a Tony Lukes, which are one of the best.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
20160719_BobbyNicks1-300x203.jpg

Who could forget the Bobby Nick's Burger ! For the low low price of one of your vital organs ! (But I think its seriously like 18$ or something outrageous like that)

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
Rogers Place in Edmonton is actually fairly good for variety and taste. They have a killer Prime Rib Sandwich (Alberta Beef of course)... that's my go to 99% of the time. Rogers serves Pepsi which is my preference.

I'm not going to list all of the food choices... you can see them HERE if you're interested... a few unique options are Peroghy Nachos, Butter Chicken, Porchetta Sandwich...
i love the food a rogers place i always have to go for the yeg nachos when im there its diffently better than what rexall severed

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I can remember have a really good sausage, peppers, and onion sandwich at TD a few years back.

All my other concession experiences are filled with regret, both for the price I paid and the lack of satisfaction I felt.

The food they served many years back when they had the “Hungry for Hockey” seats, which provided unlimited access to a buffet style food room for all HFH ticket holders, was offensively bad. I took one bite of a hot dog which tasted like pure B.O. and felt like puking for the rest of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->