What League do you Think is the Most Underrated?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ligue 1 is a talent factory, and people talk about it like it's absolute ****. If they kept even half the players they sell each summer, a few of the squads in that league would be amongst the best in Europe.
Even if ligue 1 is a one team league, it's strange how PSG are avoiding signing players from other Ligue 1 teams. IIRC they only have Mbappe and Kurzawa as direct transfers from french clubs.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Probably the EPL.

We're seeing all these clubs abroad desperate for young talented English youth products within the past 3 years. It's never really happened before until recently.

Despite even making the final 4 in a World Cup with all EPL players, a lot of their best get underrated. Raheem Sterling is the best forward in the Premier League. Kane is the best striker in the world.

And most recently, we had 2 English European cup finals. The past 2 years in particular English teams have been amazing best on best.

It's the best and most exciting league and none of the other leagues are close IMO.

How is the PL underrated? lol

It’s easily the most talked about and seen league in the world.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How is the PL underrated? lol

It’s easily the most talked about and seen league in the world.

That is not the question asked though - which league is the best.

Not that I understand how anyone can answer this question. I have no idea how people in general rate the different leagues. And very few fans really know more than 2-3.

I used to watch a lot more football before than I do now. These days it is mainly the PL, but when I lived in France I followed Ligue 1. I also used to watch quite a few Serie A and La Liga games. But you can only watch so many games every weekend though. I would never even catch one game per league per weekend - as I probably watch 3-5 games and usually more than one would be from the PL. Even back then I wouldn't really know how to truly compare them. All very superficial.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What? The thread is "what league do you think is the most underrated?"

That's quite literally the question asked.

So if I think La Liga is worse than the Costa Rican league and Ligue 1 is worse than the Belgian league. Which is the most underrated?

What?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So if I think La Liga is worse than the Costa Rican league and Ligue 1 is worse than the Belgian league. Which is the most underrated?

What?

I get the sense that you are slightly lost. It's simply what is the most underrated league in your opinion. For instance I think Belgium is a pretty underrated league. A lot of players that get bought from the league and go to the big 5 leagues find success and the teams within Belgium are actually pretty solid. Not world beaters by any means, but solid. Most people write the league off or do not see any good that comes out of it, etc. Therefor underrated IMO

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I get the sense that you are slightly lost. It's simply what is the most underrated league in your opinion. For instance I think Belgium is a pretty underrated league. A lot of players that get bought from the league and go to the big 5 leagues find success and the teams within Belgium are actually pretty solid. Not world beaters by any means, but solid. Most people write the league off or do not see any good that comes out of it, etc. Therefor underrated IMO

I am lost? What league is the most highly rated is not the same as the most underrated (necessarily - the two can be the same of course).

Belgium and Costa Rica were just random examples.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I am lost? What league is the most highly rated is not the same as the most underrated (necessarily - the two can be the same of course).

Belgium and Costa Rica were just random examples.

The question is which league is the most underrated/doesn’t get the credit it deserves, not the best league. The PL is nowhere close to the most underrated league in the world.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The question is which league is the most underrated/doesn’t get the credit it deserves, not the best league. The PL is nowhere close to the most underrated league in the world.

This is a bit surreal. Yeah. That is what I’m saying.

As for the rest of your post that would be up to debate.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

What?

If you think those things it just makes you someone we would ignore, it doesn't change the ranking of any league.

Most of the posts in this thread are generally well thought out, though I don't agree with all. Except yours. It is not.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If you think those things it just makes you someone we would ignore, it doesn't change the ranking of any league.

Most of the posts in this thread are generally well thought out, though I don't agree with all. Except yours. It is not.

I am trying to explain to you the meaning of the word underrated. So to avoid any misunderstandings I exaggerated. I guess I failed.

Really don't see the need for being such an a## about it. Have I offended you? I don't think so. It becomes especially stupid when it is clearly you that don't understand.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How would the PL be the most underrated league in the world then?

In theory it could be. Not really sure what is so controversial about this.

I could say Messi is just slightly better than Joe Cole. Messi would still be better than Joe Cole, but I would say that is underrating how much better Messi is than Joe Cole.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I agree with most ppl above. Ligue 1 gets extremely disrespected by alot of fans who love to call it a “farmers league” when in reality many Ligue 1 teams’ farm systems are well known for producing countless young talent. If only they hung onto their stars once they hit their primes instead of selling them off to teams like RM, Barca or Man U, it certainly would not be PSG’s league year after year.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In theory it could be. Not really sure what is so controversial about this.

Yeah I could see why someone makes the argument. A lot of people give less credit to the Prem in order to prop up other leagues. I don't agree with the notion personally.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And then you have a significant chunk of people who think it’s the best league in the world by far.
Which is true IMO. The fact that this is considered a questionable view adds to my point of the league being underrated.

La Liga, Bundesliga the quality of their league has gone down. Otherwise I'd prefer watching some of those matches. In 2010-2012 when we had Jose vs Pep I'd watch more games from La Liga than PL.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Which is true IMO. The fact that this is considered a questionable view adds to my point of the league being underrated.

La Liga, Bundesliga the quality of their league has gone down. Otherwise I'd prefer watching some of those matches. In 2010-2012 when we had Jose vs Pep I'd watch more games from La Liga than PL.

And point proven.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Maybe the Bundesliga has gone through a slum recently with Bayern doing a rebuild of sorts. I still think those leagues just get less air time here in NA and that perpetuates the quality going down.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad