What is your worst moment as a Leafs fan?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I will put a 3rd one in there. Brian Propp and Bob Clarke cutting The Captain of the Leafs Daryll Sittler and no one on the Leafs team stood up for him. That one was pretty low to be a Leafs fan.

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
This is kind of a toss up for me. Too much sadness to choose from haha
1. 2004 i believe when roenicks ot goal put us out (i was especially sad because was so gung ho from darcy tucker obliterating kapanen right before that )
2.the boston game...#7
In both these moments the team was demonstrating what it took to win (save for final minutes of example 2) and both were crushing to most leaf fans

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
This is kind of a toss up for me. Too much sadness to choose from haha
1. 2004 i believe when roenicks ot goal put us out (i was especially sad because was so gung ho from darcy tucker obliterating kapanen right before that )
2.the boston game...#7
In both these moments the team was demonstrating what it took to win (save for final minutes of example 2) and both were crushing to most leaf fans

2004 - good call. Completely forgot about that one.

That segment of OT was incredible; Domi should have ended the game, 2-on-1 Flyers didn't hit the net, Tucker hit on Kapanen (best hit I've ever seen), another 2-on-1, Roenick's damn celly.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Too many to choose from but this off season if we lose a bunch of assets for nothing, trade picks or Rielly will be the worst in the last 4 years except the Boston collapse.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
this. I dont think the young fans realize how bad it once was

It's just as bad today. probably worse. At least back then there was always end in sight because of Ballard's age. Right now, there's no end in sight, infact it appears that this ownership scenario will go on for decades (no joke)...

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think it depends on your age, the Bruins collapse for me is not even close to the Fraser screwing the Leafs in 93. The Bruins collapse was the 1st round of a shortened season, 93 was a win from going to the finals and was robbed by the officials, NOT collapsing from poor play and game 7 the teams psyche was screwed from game 6, so there really was no chance to win that game.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Watching the Bryan Berard injury. Lots of bad things have happened during a lifetime of watching the Leafs but that was actually very upsetting.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Watching the Bryan Berard injury. Lots of bad things have happened during a lifetime of watching the Leafs but that was actually very upsetting.

That one is right up there. That was a tight Quinn team too. I recall Domi saying he and some guys flew back to Ottawa after going home to be with him at the hospital because they did not want him to be alone. That was a tough moment.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
That one is right up there. That was a tight Quinn team too. I recall Domi saying he and some guys flew back to Ottawa after going home to be with him at the hospital because they did not want him to be alone. That was a tough moment.

Yeah, that moment really did transcend hockey.

Gilmour's injury in Calgary during his second stint, on his first shift too, was one of those that made you just choke up watching as well.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah, that moment really did transcend hockey.

Gilmore's injury in Calgary during his second stint, on his first shift too, was one of those that made you just choke up watching as well.

We can keep pouring on the sad memories.

Clark lost a fight to Probert in the playoffs I think it was, before the Burns days. It was when he was having back problems, which was bad at this time of his career. That was a tough one to watch since it was Wendel.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
1988. Russ Courtnall for John Kordic. Pathetic. Hopeless. Lower than low. Owner - Ballard. GM - Stellick. Coach - that lunatic John Brophy, who demanded that trade. I don't remember any as dismal before or since.

xatsoc

Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
I paid a pretty penny to be at the Sundin banner raising game, and the Leafs got shelled 5-0 by the Habs. One of the all time Leaf greats and it seemed none of them cared. That was definitely a low moment for me.

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
Harold Ballard was the absoloute worst.
He deliberately undermined his players and dismantled a very good Leafs team that included Darryl Sittler and Lanny McDonald. Ballard did not like the players having any sort of power and brought back Punch Imlach who would make Mike Keenan or John Tortorella look like ***** cats. He traded Lanny McDonald to the worst team just to slight Lanny and Sittler. Darryl Sittler was one of the best Leaf players ever and Ballard treated him like crap. A fan favorite, Sittler was soon after traded to the Flyers.
Ballard and Imlach are the main reasons old Leaf players like Keon, Sittler, Lanny, Bob Baun.....have negative feelings about their days in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad