What Is Your Biggest Gripe With Yeo?(Bonus Hot Seat Tracker)

Which Yeo Thing Do You Dislike Most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don’t agree at all. It is 100% about wins and losses. If you look “competitive” but lose the majority of your games, you aren’t making the playoffs.

We are about to be 1/8 through the season. There’s no more brownie points and pat on the backs to be given out. They need real, actual results. That’s it. Coming up just short isn’t going to fly with Armstrong after the moves he made. And not making money in the postseason once again isn’t Tom Stillman’s goal either. They need wins fast.
Being in Every game, and losing it by 1 goal ISN'T "competitive". It shows that that team is NOT capable of winning, playing that way.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t agree at all. It is 100% about wins and losses. If you look “competitive” but lose the majority of your games, you aren’t making the playoffs.

We are about to be 1/8 through the season. There’s no more brownie points and pat on the backs to be given out. They need real, actual results. That’s it. Coming up just short isn’t going to fly with Armstrong after the moves he made. And not making money in the postseason once again isn’t Tom Stillman’s goal either. They need wins fast.
I am talking about what Armstrong is evaluating. Whether they win a game or two soon, but don’t look like a team that can dominate a game, I don’t think the wins alone help Yeo. Its whether Armstrong sees evidence of the team responding to Yeo’s voice. Because it’s not been very evident, and barring some reason to see that differently I think the decision is already made.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
My biggest gripe was that he was hired. Wasn’t happy with the hiring at the time.

Now? My biggest gripe is that he is still here.

Reactions: hullderko

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Would Adam Oates be a good replacement?

His two years coaching the Caps don't really speak a whole to how he is as coach, but seems like a lot of players around the league trust his training programs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
My issue with him now lies solely in the fact that he insists on playing Bouwmeester on the top pair. Or playing him at all.

The Blues played their best game of the season with him scratched (against a good Toronto team too). I don't understand why the thought hasn't crossed Yeo's mind to at least TRY THAT AGAIN. Just at least 1 more game. What do you have to lose?

At this point, what I want to see happen more than fire Yeo is to trade Bouwmeester. This will be tougher to accomplish but if we can get Bouw of the team I'd be able to live with Yeo for now.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
I don't get it. At the beginning of last season, the D corps came out great, scoring goals and looking solid. Then Bouw came back from his injury and we saw a lot of the same issues we see this season. Yeo doesn't notice? Does Jay have dirty pictures of Blues management? What am I missing here?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Hey guys! Just wandering what's up with Parayko. He has shaken loose on my fantasy league and I was looking at picking him up but LWL is showing him as not on either PP unit. Is this correct? Is he struggling this year or not being given opportunity? Just wondering if this is a Yeo thing and he may play better if Yeo is replaced.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Hey guys! Just wandering what's up with Parayko. He has shaken loose on my fantasy league and I was looking at picking him up but LWL is showing him as not on either PP unit. Is this correct? Is he struggling this year or not being given opportunity? Just wondering if this is a Yeo thing and he may play better if Yeo is replaced.
Blues have the 3rd best PP right now, it's one of the few things that IS working, so I doubt they will make adjustments to it.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Blues have the 3rd best PP right now, it's one of the few things that IS working, so I doubt they will make adjustments to it.

I picked up Dunn earlier in the year but I just have concerns as I don't know much about him whereas Parayko is like a brand name.

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Parayko isn't struggling at all, he's probably our best overall D right now. Both our PPs run 4 forwards and 1D, so Dunn is on the 1st unit and Pietrangelo is on the 2nd. It's unfortunate for Parayko, but his performance on the ice has been very solid although it won't show up on the fantasy stat sheets.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Parayko isn't struggling at all, he's probably our best overall D right now. Both our PPs run 4 forwards and 1D, so Dunn is on the 1st unit and Pietrangelo is on the 2nd. It's unfortunate for Parayko, but his performance on the ice has been very solid although it won't show up on the fantasy stat sheets.

Gotcha, thanks for the insight!

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I'm going defensive Scheme. He doesn't change it and he playing the wrong guys at the top. No reason why #19 is getting the minute he getting and being on the top pairing when most of the goals that they give up he happens to be on the ice. The guy should be on the bench not top pairing and minutes but no Yeo and Doug seem to love him because he is a veteran but they need to realize he not the same guy when you signed him. He old and slower in a much quicker league. He doesn't hit, he doesn't create turn overs and set up many plays. What does he do that makes him such a value now.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I'm surprised Yeo hasn't been fired but I honestly think it's because Armstrong doesn't believe he has a suitable replacement. Would Berube really be that much better? Van Ryn should probably be fired with Yeo. I wouldn't make Ott coach, but Army might. He loves his former guys. Who really knows.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I will answer the question regarding Yeo with a question.
What is the Blues record in one goal games this year?
It's my experience that the coach often makes the difference in close games ... across all teams sports that I have played in, coached, and watched as a fan.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
And then they'll go 9-0-3 at some point in December and there will be a thread that says "Perhaps we were all wrong about Yeo - this team has really responded!".
Minnesota fan and I come in peace. I really feel for you. Only a couple of years ago we truly feared the Blues. Never in my wildest imagination did I think they would hire Yeo. This guy has absolutely no cred in the NHL. He is a great minor league coach, I'll give him that but NHL...No Way. He seems to have a way to mesmerize Owners, Presidents and GMs. It took us five years to get rid of him. The guy never played a game at the NHL level. When we hired him, some of the players were older than him. How do you think it went when 'OL Mike tried to tell them what to do on the ice and then got in their face. It got so bad that some of our star players hired "private" coaches that came to work with them, DURING YEO'S PRACTICE. When Yeo would call a TO in a tight game and he was diagraming a play, the players weren't even looking at the board, just talking amongst themselves. I think Yeo's biggest problem was that he couldn't make ANY "on the fly changes." I think most of the NHL knows this and realizes that all you have to do is throw something different at Yeo and he just seizes up. The NHL game is just too fast for him.
Anyway, best of luck to you guys, I really do hold the Blues in the highest esteem and I hope it doesn't take you guys as long as it did us to realize Yeo has to go.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad