What is wrong with Timo Meier?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not negative at all, it’s a good thing the Devils are going up in the standings, are you rooting against them or something?
So you must have been infracted to have backed off so much. Your more recent drivel is much more mild. If it was done with a wink it would be fun but it doesn’t come across that way.

Reactions: RANDOMH3RO

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
My biggest concern was the chemistry. Took him forever to show any with anyone on the team. He seems to have found it with Bratt and Nico. Looks great out there (I'm sure being fully healthy plays a big part).

Very excited to see Timo next year. As awful as this season started....and as awful as this season went until Feb, he's still going to pot 25, maybe hit 50 points in 70 games. Hopefully will be a full go next year and we can see him get back to a 40 goal scorer.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Unbelievable turnaround for Timo.

Under Lindy Ruff (injury plagued): 47 games, 12G, 14A, -26

Under Travis Green (fully healthy): 12 games, 11G, 6A, +4
Lindy had 0 clue how to utilize Meier. Lindy gave him barely any PP time, & stuck him on the 3rd line on his off wing. It's criminal when you think about it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lindy had 0 clue how to utilize Meier. Lindy gave him barely any PP time, & stuck him on the 3rd line on his off wing. It's criminal when you think about it.
Hes still playing on his off wing isnt he?

Seems like hes just found some chemistry with some linemates finally and probably healthier.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Hes still playing on his off wing isnt he?

Seems like hes just found some chemistry with some linemates finally and probably healthier.
No, he is generally playing his natural side. Green had him on his off a couple of times, but with bratt and Nico, it's bratt playing his off more often than not I'm pretty sure

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
No, he is generally playing his natural side. Green had him on his off a couple of times, but with bratt and Nico, it's bratt playing his off more often than not I'm pretty sure

Why is he still being listed as LW then? He played RW mainly for the sharks.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
13 goals in March so far with one game left to go … only one player in the past decade has scored more than 13 in one March (Kaprizov’s 14 in 2022).

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes, but he's a left handed shot. So I consider LW his natural side and RW his off wing?
He’s typically played RW and that was (part of) the big controversy with Ruff playing him on the left.

The bigger driver to his play is just that he’s finally healthy. Also getting to play on PP1 now.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yes, but he's a left handed shot. So I consider LW his natural side and RW his off wing?
Sure, but hes played most of his career on the RW lol. Theres lots of players that play on the opposite side of their shooting hand. 95% of russian players do it. The complaint from NJ fans was that Ruff was constantly playing him on the wrong side (LW, the position he rarely played in the NHL). I was just pointing out the fact that he is still playing the position he hasnt played much in the NHL. That part hasnt changed away from Ruff.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Sure, but hes played most of his career on the RW lol. Theres lots of players that play on the opposite side of their shooting hand. 95% of russian players do it. The complaint from NJ fans was that Ruff was constantly playing him on the wrong side (LW, the position he rarely played in the NHL). I was just pointing out the fact that he is still playing the position he hasnt played much in the NHL. That part hasnt changed away from Ruff.
Correct. When you say "off wing" or "off hand" my first thought is you are referring to the opposite side of their hand, not the opposite side of their normal playing position. Just an interpretation difference of the verbiage.

So yes, you are correct. He's still playing LW, not RW like he did in SJ.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Why is he still being listed as LW then? He played RW mainly for the sharks.

Meier did get a few RW games after Ruff was fired, but that was with Hischier and Palat. It was only three games and results were mixed - Timo got a hat trick against St. Louis, but they got ran out of the building against NYR. When they swapped out Palat for Bratt on that line, Timo went over to LW so Bratt could play at RW.

The roster composition has been in shambles for months. Hughes is lining up at LW because he can't take faceoffs due to his shoulder injury. The Hughes injury combined with McLeod leaving the team as completely devastated our C depth, meaning Haula is now C2, Nosek is C3, and Tierney is C4. All of them are playing above their heads and the winger deployment has changed to help shelter them.

The big issue with his usage was PP time. Meier was on PP2, now he's on PP1. Part of that is because Ruff is gone, part of he reason is that they traded Toffoli (who was on PP1 above Timo). Timo is clearly a better fit there, and Ruff could have put him on PP1 at any time but chose not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad