What is wrong with Timo Meier?

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
So the answer is „Lindy Ruff“?
Correct. For some reason he was always in Lindys dog house. Played him on the 3rd line on LW and never saw PP time. It's actually criminal when you think about it. You trade and sign a 9 million dollar winger just to shaft him on the 3rd line with no PP time? How does that make any sense?

Reactions: Devilsfan118

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think Timo is now FINALLY the player we traded for.

He had an upper body injury when we acquired him last year... still played pretty well and was snakebitten in the playoffs. Battled through two injuries this year and horrible usage from a coach that got fired too late. Now he's a freaking beast.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Timo time is here but, it's a little to late to matter as far as a playoff push is concerned. At least a neurotic Devils fan I know can stop with the buyout and let him play in the AHL for the next 8 years talk.:laugh:

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Massive sigh of relief for Devils fans already but like some others have pointed out: let's see how he does the rest of the season at least. For the sake of his contract, he should perform and keep it up to a high standard.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I saw some redditors saying it's less to do with Ruff and more to do with Toffoli leaving. But r/hockey has some idiots, so what do HFers think?

Aside, im glad he's finally playing well. He's fun to watch and is a great player to cheer for when the team is rolling.

• Haha
Reactions: Trow

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Toffoli leaving did open a guaranteed top6 spot for Meier, but I think he was already playing with Hischier & Bratt while Toff was here, might have been on pp2 unit though.

I think it's mostly just him not being 100% and being a very streaky scorer. Playing RW helps, but the way he's playing right now looks like he could play any position. Last season when he scored 40, majority of those were scored inside 3 month or so. I think he went scoreless for the first 10 games and had just 'decent' production after being traded to nj. Nothing like we're seeing now where he seems to score every night.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad