What is the highest priority for the rest of the offseason?

What would you do?

• Total voters

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Need an option to clean house in the front office and bring in some competent people. That's the only way it's going to get better...

I think think this team will struggle if they are really bad Im acquiring assets from all the stars. Get Bergeron and Marchand to a cup contender. Hall contract is tradeable. Keep Pasta and tank for the next corner stone of the franchise to play with him or if not get a haul for him too. full rebuild and that includes a new FO

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Can’t do both but the priority should be turning JDB, and Wagner/Clifton, any prospect not named Lohrei or Lysell, and any pick that isn’t a #1 into a legit 2C or 2D.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I don't see any trades (that affect the roster) coming.

Coyle as 2c has been Sweeney's plan since he signed that contract. They never intended to replace Gryz in the top pair, only Reilly, and that plan fell through. Ullmark is the stop gap until Swayman realizes his potential.

This is the team we're going to start the season with.
I agree and I'm OK with that, although I don't necessarily think Coyle starts the year at 2C.

Yes, we would be better with Krejci on the roster, but this team is more than solid enough to crack the top 3 in the Atlantic. Despite what the doom and gloom crowd say...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree and I'm OK with that, although I don't necessarily think Coyle starts the year at 2C.

Yes, we would be better with Krejci on the roster, but this team is more than solid enough to crack the top 3 in the Atlantic. Despite what the doom and gloom crowd say...
Love this post

Reactions: The don godfather

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

They do but they also very easily could finish 5th. The division is going to be tight, the bruins should be entertaining though, but if Bergeron goes down its season over.

One guy of note I could see them circling back on is Dvorak as Him and Hall have a history together in Zona, but if not and the season goes bad, in the long run it could be a blessing in disguise, as long as Sweeney is gone shortly there after.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Is this team solid enough to crack the top 3 in the Atlantic though? Florida and Toronto had great seasons last year and more points than the bruins. Montreal and tampa were in the cup finals though there can definitely be some questions about Montreal.

Not doubting they can be a top 3 team but they just as likely can be the 5th team.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Is this team solid enough to crack the top 3 in the Atlantic though? Florida and Toronto had great seasons last year and more points than the bruins. Montreal and tampa were in the cup finals though there can definitely be some questions about Montreal.

Not doubting they can be a top 3 team but they just as likely can be the 5th team.
I have no idea what the point is here.......Of course, they could finish 5th. Shit, they could finish 1st in the Atlantic if Tampa has a run of bad luck with injuries......

Toronto had a great season last year? Padding their point totals in a joke Division and getting bounced in the first round for the umpteenth time?

Florida wasn't the typical dumpster fire they've been in previous seasons, so I guess when you grade on that curve, yes, they had a great season.....

Last edited:

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019

Remember Toronto and Montreal played exclusively against the Canadian teams - not necessarily the murderers row of hockey teams especially with the Flames , Sens and Canucks . Although the Bruins got the Sabres and a supposedly weak Devils team that game them fits.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I have no idea what the point is here.......Of course, they could finish 5th. Shit, they could finish 1st in the Atlantic if Tampa has a run of bad luck with injuries......

Toronto had a great season last year? Padding their point totals in a joke Division and getting bounced in the first round?

Florida wasn't the typical dumpster fire they've been in previous seasons, so I guess when you grade on that curve, yes, they had great season.....

I was replying to a post that said they are a top 3 team in the division.

Yes Toronto was tied for the 5th most points in the league. They did get bounced in the first round, but got bounced by the team who ended up going to the Stanley cup finals, who also beat a good team in vegas to get to the cup finals.

Bruins are worse at 3 out of 4 center positions compared to last year. Swapping out miller for clifton is a downgrade. Losing Lauzon for forbort is a wash. Losing tuukka for ullmark is at best a wash probably a slight downgrade.

As it stands right now bruins are worse off than they were last year and it’s not even really close.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Now hear me out. What if they wait until the trade deadline. Then add a second line centre for pennies on the dollar. This gives time for debrusk to play and be worth something(which I’m sure he will.) bottom feeders are forced to dump players to gain assets right. This is a solid playoff team IMO. I can see this team placing any where between 1 and 4 in the east as is. Then just fill the only remaining hole at the trade deadline.

This team was 3rd in the division last year, then lost to the 4 seed, Yes, they are going back to the old format, but we just lost Krejci and Rask. The moves they made so far are, ok, but at this point I'd say they are fairly lateral so far.
Haula vs Krejci
Nosek vs Kurally
Foligno vs Ritchie
Forbort vs Lauzon

Ullmark vs Rask
Some people slotting in different spots around the line up and taking different roles, but on paper, that's arguably a step down or lateral at best. I think they are a playoff team, but slipping much closer to the wildcard slot than in previous years.

Deadline (with the exception of Hall), usually is more expensive unless you are adding finishing touches to a contending roster. Off season is the time to fill core positions. The whole Hall situation is the exception, not the rule. I can't think of a team that ADDED a 2nd line center last deadline. I think it's possible, but prices at deadline for non-rentals usually has been a LOT more Big acquisitions usually are off-season deals, like Sam Reinhert was just moved for a 1st + B prospect (I believe someone in Buffalo is higher on the kid, so I'll say B prospect). But I think it's a lot more expensive mid-season to add to that. I'd reckon the B's have to pay a lot more than a 1st+B prospect if they want to add a second line center.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Now hear me out. What if they wait until the trade deadline. Then add a second line centre for pennies on the dollar. This gives time for debrusk to play and be worth something(which I’m sure he will.) bottom feeders are forced to dump players to gain assets right. This is a solid playoff team IMO. I can see this team placing any where between 1 and 4 in the east as is. Then just fill the only remaining hole at the trade deadline.
So you equate the trade deadline with pennies eh?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
without Rask and Krejci, definitely a wild card ceiling team. Tampa Florida and Leafs look locked in for the top 3. The acquisitions wont make the Bruins bad enough to bottom out

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I picked "other" The highest priority is a new FO and ownership. But that's not going to happen. Feel bad for Pasta and McAvoy.
You have to hope Pasta is in love with Boston and will want to stay here no matter what. I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to go to a better team when his deal is up considering the age of the roster and us not really having much in the pipeline.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
obvious answer is moving neely to a senior advisor role and get him away from the front office

Im only upset with Cam is because he's way to loyal to Sweeney and he's let his friendship help dictate his decision on not canning this guy and ultimately that will lead to his demise as well.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This team was 3rd in the division last year, then lost to the 4 seed, Yes, they are going back to the old format, but we just lost Krejci and Rask. The moves they made so far are, ok, but at this point I'd say they are fairly lateral so far.
Haula vs Krejci
Nosek vs Kurally
Foligno vs Ritchie
Forbort vs Lauzon

Ullmark vs Rask
Some people slotting in different spots around the line up and taking different roles, but on paper, that's arguably a step down or lateral at best. I think they are a playoff team, but slipping much closer to the wildcard slot than in previous years.

Deadline (with the exception of Hall), usually is more expensive unless you are adding finishing touches to a contending roster. Off season is the time to fill core positions. The whole Hall situation is the exception, not the rule. I can't think of a team that ADDED a 2nd line center last deadline. I think it's possible, but prices at deadline for non-rentals usually has been a LOT more Big acquisitions usually are off-season deals, like Sam Reinhert was just moved for a 1st + B prospect (I believe someone in Buffalo is higher on the kid, so I'll say B prospect). But I think it's a lot more expensive mid-season to add to that. I'd reckon the B's have to pay a lot more than a 1st+B prospect if they want to add a second line center.

Losing Rask & Krejci should make the team much weaker.

But with the moves that were made it seems the Bruins have compensated fairly well.

Studnicka & Senyshyn will step in and elevate the forward lines. (maybe)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad