What is Plan B if the Senators don't sign Duchene or Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah no kidding,I wonder how much more he will charge the team when it gets to Lebreton???The Senators will see record losses ,while the arena that is and will be built for them will make even more profit....

Lol, that is the weird thing in that many assume he will spend competitively or even close to average league amounts if a Lebreton Arena was secured?

I suppose those who believe that actually believe the team truly loses money yearly where it is currently.

I do not believe this and am fairly certain all things Senators related when combined makes a decent prophet, I would expect the same mis-management to continue in a new building with Eugene simply pocketing more for the initial years where attendance would be surely high until he puts his foot in his mouth again or the fan base experiences other markets and realizes how badly we are getting the shaft here in Ottawa in comparison to virtually every market.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lol, that is the weird thing in that many assume he will spend competitively or even close to average league amounts if a Lebreton Arena was secured?

I suppose those who believe that actually believe the team truly loses money yearly where it is currently.

I do not believe this and am fairly certain all things Senators related when combined makes a decent prophet, I would expect the same mis-management to continue in a new building with Eugene simply pocketing more for the initial years where attendance would be surely high until he puts his foot in his mouth again or the fan base experiences other markets and realizes how badly we are getting the shaft here in Ottawa in comparison to virtually every market.
The arena was built for the team yet hardly sees any of its gains,EM buries the team in debt charges it rent then pockets a tidy profit...But at least he can cry about how much the team loses....

Another thing is that by him throwing his offer for a free arena in exchange, for any and all profit made from the development at Lebreton ...Just means more of the same for the team...A real billionaire coming in that has money to for the development...Would have the arena itself sustain the team,while he feasts on the development...

In short EM will just keep the exact same BS going if he is allowed to gain a free arena ,the team will see very little while he gets a nicer house in the Barbadoes

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Even better ... the Senators should hire the "analytics community" to give us a more accurate prediction of the future.

Imagine how much better they could draft, make trades know what players want to stay, or come to Ottawa.

2017 Pre-season hockey Power rankings:

Sporting News 18th: NHL preseason power rankings: Penguins start where they finished

ESPN 20th: Power Rankings: Penguins start on top

NHL.com 16th: Super 16: Penguins start season at No. 1

Sportsnet 26th: NHL Off-Season Power Rankings: Who's improved most (so far)? - Sportsnet.ca

But don't worry guys, nobody could have seen this coming, Garrioch and Tnuoc said so. Dorion is clearly absolved of all blame!

You and the Sens may be using hindsight to make it appear like that run was a legitimate measure of the state of the team. Opinions at the time say this wasn't so.

Reactions: Gesus and Upgrayedd

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The arena was built for the team yet hardly sees any of its gains,EM buries the team in debt charges it rent then pockets a tidy profit...But at least he can cry about how much the team loses....

Another thing is that by him throwing his offer for a free arena in exchange, for any and all profit made from the development at Lebreton ...Just means more of the same for the team...A real billionaire coming in that has money to for the development...Would have the arena itself sustain the team,while he feasts on the development...

In short EM will just keep the exact same BS going if he is allowed to gain a free arena ,the team will see very little while he gets a nicer house in the Barbadoes
As we've seen, a big problem with Melnyk is that he genuinely seems butt hurt over players and coaches getting market value.

Reactions: topshelf15

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Hahahahahaha

Shocker.

We all knew this was coming. Melnyk just seems to think he gets to assign his own value on players and coaches and they're assholes for not accepting his shit pie.

Good, go on to a team that isn't a joke Matt. I hope Stone tells them to shove it too.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Shocker.

We all knew this was coming. Melnyk just seems to think he gets to assign his own value on players and coaches and they're *******s for not accepting his **** pie.

Good, go on to a team that isn't a joke Matt. I hope Stone tells them to shove it too.
I was told this was all part of negotiations. That's how they work!

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
We're tanking guys, if you hadn't picked up on that then wake up.
I personally don't like the strategy of becoming a bottom-feeder and picking up top-5 picks but its what he (Melnyk) chose.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I personally don't like the strategy of becoming a bottom-feeder and picking up top-5 picks but its what he (Melnyk) chose.

Your not wrong..but sadly sens management do a very good job of making tanking and complete incompetence look identical.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Then why this whole pretend show of trying to sign Duchene, Karlsson and Stone. There's no point in even starting talks if you aren't making competitive offers.

They need to man up and stop lying to everyone.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016

I'm sure the Avs really appreciate it.

This franchise is a black hole for hope and optimism as long as Melnyk is around.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Then why this whole pretend show of trying to sign Duchene, Karlsson and Stone. There's no point in even starting talks if you aren't making competitive offers.

They need to man up and stop lying to everyone.
That would require a pretty big lifestyle change.

Reactions: Gesus

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

iu

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
2017 Pre-season hockey Power rankings:

Sporting News 18th: NHL preseason power rankings: Penguins start where they finished

ESPN 20th: Power Rankings: Penguins start on top

NHL.com 16th: Super 16: Penguins start season at No. 1

Sportsnet 26th: NHL Off-Season Power Rankings: Who's improved most (so far)? - Sportsnet.ca

But don't worry guys, nobody could have seen this coming, Garrioch and Tnuoc said so. Dorion is clearly absolved of all blame!

You and the Sens may be using hindsight to make it appear like that run was a legitimate measure of the state of the team. Opinions at the time say this wasn't so.

LOL, these power ranking do not predict the ranking for the end of the 2017-18 season. They're ranking for the beginning of the season.

Oh and how accurate they must be. In one of them the Penguins are ranked 1st overall, and in another they're ranked 27th, below the Senators.

Yeah, lets take these as a predictions for the final standing of the season.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
LOL, these power ranking do not predict the ranking for the end of the 2017-18 season. They're ranking for the beginning of the season.

Oh and how accurate they must be. In one of them the Penguins are ranked 1st overall, and in another they're ranked 27th, below the Senators.

Sportsnet NHL Insider predictions for 2017-18 season - Sportsnet.ca

Nobody picked Ottawa to win the Cup. Nobody picked Ottawa to win the East. Nobody picked Ottawa to be the best Canadian team. 3 people picked Ottawa to be the team most likely to disappoint.

THN’s 2017-18 Season Preview: Ottawa Senators - TheHockeyNews

"THN’s PREDICTION: 4th in Atlantic. Opponents start to figure out how to break down the Senators’ defense and while Ottawa comes close — really close — to earning another berth in the post-season, they ultimately fall a few points short in a tight wild-card race."

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/sens-players-ignoring-preseason-predictions-1.875629

"But on the eve of the 2017-18 regular campaign, Boucher says he’s not planning on playing a similar underdog card to start this season – even though many pundits and experts are predicting a tough year ahead for his team."

"Most preseason prognostications seem to peg the Senators on the outside looking in at the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. The club is a 33-to-1 longshot to win the Stanley Cup – by far the worst odds given to any of the four clubs that reached the conference final last spring."

"Even the most basic stats painted Ottawa in a poor light, as the club finished the regular season with a negative goal differential – the only playoff team with that distinction. Ottawa also finished in the bottom 10 in special teams, as both their power play and penalty kill struggled for long stretches. Those factors all contributed to the feeling that Ottawa was a house of cards ready to topple at a moment’s notice."

Let's repeat for emphasis:

"Those factors all contributed to the feeling that Ottawa was a house of cards ready to topple at a moment’s notice."

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Nice comprehension, the list you're talking about where the Pens are below the Sens is "who improved the most this offseason", not a power ranking of who will finish where...

And if you think noone (Just so you can use your usual Peter Noone joke as you seem to like to act be the grammar police...) thought the Sens were going to have a bad year, your heads further in the sand than I had believed, which is astounding in and of itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad