What is Kane missing from being considered as the best player of his generation?

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I dont even think youll find a hawks fan who will try and argue this. Hes obviously up there, but theres no argument for him being better than Sid or Ovi.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
More than one Art Ross and Hart trophy. Generational players dominate year after year.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So Kane #1, Toews #2, Keith... probably #4 and Seabrook... let's say... #8?

Sound about right?
Id take Kane over Sidney if I needed a big goal during the playoffs if that helps.

11gwg in 30 something less games then Sidneys niner

LOL. Give Kane those 30 something games and he would have what, five, six more?

Kanes just a little bit more clutch then good old Sidney. Clutch stats, you know (laughs)

Let me know when sid hits double digits in gwg in the playoffs, thanks

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Evander and "best player of his generation" don't belong in the same sentence together. It was obvious which Kane was being talked about.
I was being somewhat sarcastic... although I guess that is a pet peeve of mine when talking about "Kane". Is it so difficult to say P Kane?

Reactions: Future GOAT

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Id take Kane over Sidney if I needed a big goal during the playoffs if that helps.

11gwg in 30 something less games the Sidney.

LOL. Give Kane those 30 something games and he would have what, five, six more?

Kanes just a little bit more clutch then good old Sidney. Clutch stats, you know (laughs)

A little bit more clutch, sure. Still less productive.

Now that you can't hang Cups or Smythes over his head, you have to move all the way down to clutch goals. That's a bummer.

Reactions: ShonSaunders

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Players like Crosby, Dahlin, McDavid, Malkin and Ovi come around once in a generation. But that doesn't mean we need to discredit Kane's career. Kane has been a fabulous player. He's going to be a first ballot hall of famer. Just appreciate greatness when you see it. No need for players to always be compared to one another.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Players like Crosby, Toews, McDavid, Malkin and Ovi come around once in a generation. But that doesn't mean we need to discredit Kane's career. Kane has been a fabulous player. He's going to be a first ballot hall of famer. Just appreciate greatness when you see it. No need for players to always be compared to one another.

Huh?

I do agree that it's weird when you're painted into the corner of "hating" on a guy or "discrediting" him by having him 2nd or 3rd or 4th behind some insanely good players.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Players like Crosby, Toews, McDavid, Malkin and Ovi come around once in a generation. But that doesn't mean we need to discredit Kane's career. Kane has been a fabulous player. He's going to be a first ballot hall of famer. Just appreciate greatness when you see it. No need for players to always be compared to one another.
????

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
A little bit more clutch, sure. Still less productive.

Now that you can't hang Cups or Smythes over his head, you have to move all the way down to clutch goals. That's a bummer.
Idk, most pens fans rattled Kessel was more deserving...(shrugs)

Still doesn't make Sid more clutch then Showtime. Sids a good little player tho, I'd rather have Kane in a game seven tho.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He isn't Canadian. He isn't a center. He has Toews on his team who for years the media and HF tried to say was the better of the two (Canadian center). And people don't like him. Those are all things I consider when hearing people talk Kane down.

In reality, his game isn't complete enough. He didn't bring the physical play that OV use to, he isn't complete like Crosby is, and he isn't and dominant physically as Malkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad