What is going on with Schneider?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Technically it did the same for both sides...luckily for us we were able to secure Lucic to help in the lost production from Hall.

And thankfully 100 mins of Drai's ice time without Hall didn't end up telling the story of the rest of his career like so many claimed it would.

On Schneider, I imagine he will get hot again eventually. Too good of a goalie not to.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Playoff pedigree is based on team success. Schneider's numbers speak for themselves. Playoff pedigree means nothing. It's just something people make up in their head.

Just like Devils' fans favorite saying: "No ring, no King."

There is a reason Tom Brady is going go to down as the GOAT.

Playoff pedigree, on the contrary, means everything.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We lost Larsson (top pairing D) and Schlemko (2nd pairing D) and replaced them with 2 bottom pairing defenseman. Not exactly shocked our defense has been a tire fire.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
The devils are a bad team. A great goalie can only do so much when the players in front of him don't play well. All teams go through ups and downs. The devils have been down for a while. Might want to try move all contracts that wont survive another 2-4 years of rebuilding.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
As mentioned, the team is giving up a greater percentage of high quality chances and he's playing below his caliber. Right now, certainly a recipe for disaster, but I'm sure they'll right the ship. Whether it's enough to salvage the season is another question, but he won't keep playing this poorly all season.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
I'm not a Devils fan at all but why do people overreact over a small sample size? Schneider will be fine. He's easily better than 2/3 of the goalies currently starting. I'd take holtby, Rask, Price, Lundqvist(even though he's struggling and a diver), Vasilevsiy over him and that's really all. He's even with Murray, Martin, Dubnyk and probably Bobrovsky. I'm sure Crawford deserves some love but I don't like him. So he gets ignored.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Larsson is a top pairing defensive defenseman and Schlemko was playing like a top-4 with excellent possession numbers.

Replaced him with career journeymen Lovejoy and Quincey, as well as giving duds like Moore and Merrill increased minutes.

Schneider has been disappointing but the team is getting out SHOT by 9 a game and out CHANCED by 7 a game over the past month. He's hardly the problem.
Wasn't Quicey the Red Wing fans' whipping boy for a while and Lovejoy was arguably Pittsburgh's worst dman a while back (Pens fans couldn't bash him enough - and if IIRC, the trade to acquire him - for Simon Depres, was hugely unpopular?). I think you hit the nail on the head with your post - I think these acquisitions sure don't help the Devs' D any.

I think fans here overrate Schneider a bit although I don't doubt he's very good.

I just recall his years with Vancouver, he couldn't/can't stop a breakaway or shootout to save his life. One of the worst goalies at either. Not sure what that's about. Perhaps, he seizes up when it's one-on-one.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
The Devils are 10 pts out of a wildcard with the Caps, Flyers and TB ahead of them along with 5 other teams. They are second from the bottom in the East and 5th from the bottom in the league. This is the year to get a top 3 pick and a high second rounder. Schneider was a big part in the Devils getting a point out of last night's game - a point they absolutely do NOT need if it costs them draft positioning.
Gotta feel sorry for Hall. This is the story of his NHL career so far.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Ha...ironically I've always been furious at the thought of Lou knowing Kovy was leaving that offseason when he made the Schneider trade. If he did, that trade set the franchise back over a decade. Team won't go anywhere, but will never be bottom 3 because of Schneider...unless he plays like this the rest of the season. So, maybe he figured it out. :laugh:

Well...why dont you guys trade him and tank then? Schneider will till bring back a nice return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad