Beavillier
Cizikas
Martin
Clutterbuck
Sorokin
Mayfield
Bellows

yup all Snow.
This was after of course years of futility. Fine, back it up even further with Mike Milbury.

Also, since you brought up something likely further to my point, how many of those players were drafted by the Islanders? Go and look at the Oilers drafting history outside the top 10 for the past 20 years.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i think that mcdavid is the hockey gods' way of more quickly recovering the karmic debt of the gretzky years from oiler fans. in righting the cosmic balance, every year of having the oilers miserably fail to win with the best player in the world on their roster is worth two years of conventionally miserably failing to win with blown draft picks and inept management. i think the problem was the oilers were barely even covering the karmic interest on the gretzky era debt even with debacles like yakupov and it was going to go on basically forever. that would be fine by me, but i think the hockey gods have some compassion and decided to switch oilers fans to a more aggressive repayment plan.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Aug 3, 2010
The absolute roasting the internet gave McDavid's open house was the straw that broke the camel's back. Crushed the spirit of the entire team.

Since November 23 (the date of the open house video was released) the Oilers have been 5-9-2.

No advanced/underlying stats or coaching issues can account for that, obviously.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Good god
I just learned that the Oilers are paying Darnell Nurse 9.25M starting next year
Are they really that stupid?
This is just unbelievable

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Good god
I just learned that the Oilers are paying Darnell Nurse 9.25M starting next year

Check out the thread when the contract was announced. It was hilarious to read the fans defending it. Not often does a contract look terrible even before it starts. Well done Edmonton!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Good god

It didn't really make sense even at the time of signing but perhaps the thinking was with the Seth Jones and Zach Werenski signings it would be very expensive to lock in these 6'4" "do it all" defensemen. Obviously that was a hasty decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad