What happened to Laine’s goal-scoring?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Anyone remember that fan who claimed Laine could score at will?

My guess is that he just doesn't want to show boat so he has been missing on purpose.

Reactions: 7even

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

My guess is that he just doesn't want to show boat so he has been missing on purpose.

I don't know who you are referring exactly, but I am one of those who saw free scoring Laine. At will, that's what it looks like. Multiple times actually.

Now when it goes in again, you should too put some time for watching him, so you won't miss anything and you don't have to come here to make that kind comments again about Laine's fans.

Respect.

Reactions: Psych0dad

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
I don't know who you are referring exactly, but I am one of those who saw free scoring Laine. At will, that's what it looks like. Multiple times actually.

Now when it goes in again, you should too put some time for watching him, so you won't miss anything and you don't have to come here to make that kind comments again about Laine's fans.

Respect.

I'm here to help you buddeh, have a look at your posts "like". He used to be a certain "Dad" on here. Multiple 70g 150pt claims that didnt come to fruition.
If your a big fan of goal scoring have a look at the leading goal scorer from that draft year. Incredible numbers so far.

Reactions: IPS

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

He's still a great player but yes, the claims he would score more than Gretzky were a touch silly.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

Respect.

1) I've watched him quite a bit
2) NHLers don't even get a shot on net at will, much less score goals at will.
3) I asked a question about one specific fan; I did not make comments about Laine's fans.

Laine is a great goal scorer. It's enough to be a great goal scorer without the dumb hyperbole.

Reactions: Se829ne

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Oh no, is the Fornite watch back on?! I thought we got over that nonsense lol.

Laine's having a good season. Pucks are starting to go in for him, 9 goals in his last 9 games. After scoring 20 and 15 goals on the PP he only has 6 so far this year so if our PP can get hot he might make a charge at scoring 40-45 this year while likely putting up the most assists of his career.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm here to help you buddeh, have a look at your posts "like". He used to be a certain "Dad" on here. Multiple 70g 150pt claims that didnt come to fruition.
If your a big fan of goal scoring have a look at the leading goal scorer from that draft year. Incredible numbers so far.

lmao most by far the most overhyped prospect ever on HFboards.

It had the perfect mix: The Leafs haters, a very passionate Finnish fanbase, and comic book guy.

Laine started with 11 goals in his first 15 games or something like that and the hype went from crazy to downright ballistic.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
Love Laine but the amount of people claiming he was more impressive than Ovechkin should feel embarrassed

Actually his 1st & 2nd seasons sure were pointing to him being the best since Ovie

Unfortunately he has completely destroyed his recent seasons with his summer "training"

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Actually his 1st & 2nd seasons sure were pointing to him being the best since Ovie

Unfortunately he has completely destroyed his recent seasons with his summer "training"

They pointed to him have the *potential* to be there, but he wasn't really separated from those behind him.

For combined goals per game in the first two seasons of a players career since the 04 lockout he was behind Ovechkin and Eric Staal, barely ahead of Matthews and Malkin, and marginally ahead of Crosby and Stamkos.

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
They pointed to him have the *potential* to be there, but he wasn't really separated from those behind him.

For combined goals per game in the first two seasons of a players career since the 04 lockout he was behind Ovechkin and Eric Staal, barely ahead of Matthews and Malkin, and marginally ahead of Crosby and Stamkos.

Staal had 11, 45 and 30 goals in his first seasons, with his "2nd season" gone due to lockout.

Laine had 36, 44 and 30. He was younger, and scored 44 in a season with less scoring than when Staal scored 45. Going by straight league averages, Laine's 44 was greater than Staal's 45, and he was younger.

4654.jpg

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Staal had 11, 45 and 30 goals in his first seasons, with his "2nd season" gone due to lockout.

Laine had 36, 44 and 30. He was younger, and scored 44 in a season with less scoring than when Staal scored 45. Going by straight league averages, Laine's 44 was greater than Staal's 45, and he was younger.

View attachment 319411
Your math seems to be as good as Pulju's English. Only a Pulju would say 44 is greater than 45 :help:

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
Your math seems to be as good as Pulju's English. Only a Pulju would say 44 is greater than 45 :help:

Maybe you should learn how to read?

"Going by straight league averages, Laine's 44 was greater than Staal's 45, and he was younger."

Adjusted for the season (by straight up league GF averages), Laine's 44 goals was slightly better than Staal's 45 goals over 10 years earlier.

For example, Hull + Ovie lead the all-time adjusted goals per season stats, not Gretzky:

NHL & WHA Single Season Leaders and Records for Adjusted Goals | Hockey-Reference.com

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad