What Grinds your Gears?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This whole stupid “gender reveal party” nonsense that some pregnant women have.

Someone I work with put together the most sappy slo-mo YouTube video of one you will ever see. I’m pretty sure they put more effort into that than anything I’ve ever done.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
-Borrowing your vehicle to someone, and it is returned to you with so little fuel, you doubt you will get to station. You handed it over, full. ...
People who don't appreciate the transactional difference between "Borrowing" and "Lending" ... which leads to a LOT more borrowing than lending ...

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Forest fires, neighbourhood explosions, and there have been deaths as well. All for a " Look at me" moment.

Indeed. It’s shallow and disgustingly cringe.

No Karen, I’m not buying your preggo ass a second gift just because you want to announce the world the fact that your baby will have a penis or not.

Plus let’s be real, the people that actually host/attend those things are often the last people that should be/or that you want to be reproducing. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Tarantula

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
-People that ask you trap questions, just so they can force feed their views down your throat.

IE on a first date:

"Do you like when a woman cooks for you?"

Yeah, I definitely appreciate the gestu...

"So you think women should cook for men?!"

Thats not what I said. I said I....

"You think that is the sole purpose...*she just goes off, so I just give her the stage and let her have her say*"

(We are in a packed Cafe, and now everyone is locking in on me, as I am now on the hot seat)

I ended up telling her I cooked for partners too, but reiterated me appreciating the gesture.

To me, the date was over.

She wanted a second one o_O

Or the classic:

"Would you date someone transgedered?"

No.

"Why not?"

It's not for me....

"So you're transphobic?!"

No. No issue with transgendered people. I just don't date trans people.

*they go off on how a trans woman is identical to a biological woman, and how disgusting I am, and how persecuted such people are due to pigs like me.*

I know better now when someone asks me a controversial question.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
People who tell you you're not part of a demographic, because you don't live up to stereotypes.

Am black, and had been told all my life, that black people "don't play hockey!"

I listen to rock, same thing. Country. Etc.

"Wow, you speak way too articulated to be black. You sure you're not white?"

*checks skin color*

Its double edged. Not only are they dismissing my roots which are clearly visible, but also stating that unless we dumb ourselves down, that we aren't part of the community.

The irony, being that the very community rejected me by stating there was something wrong with me for no longer wanting to be part of it.

-Crab minded people. Just like above. Always trying to pull you down.

You got a new job as a CEO. Nothing but negative reviews from them.

You don't care? Then you've "changed".

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I only use a straw when I order a combo in the car and even then I pitch it after a few sips once the level has went down. Inside, never...

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I only use a straw when I order a combo in the car and even then I pitch it after a few sips once the level has went down. Inside, never...

I think straws are useless, just like plastic in general.

We moved to plastic in manufacturing, because its cheap. But the costs to us as humans, is staggering.

Some would say glass can break.

Okay, then move to aluminum. Lined cardboard.

Tetra Pak mastered the art of packaging beverages in cardboard.

I think we all suffer from that out of sight, out of mind, syndrome.

Seeing millions of tons of dirty plastic being carted in by boat, seeing how polyester is produced from it, in factories which have laughable safety measures, and the sheer volume of people who have gotten cancer or other debilitating illnesses due to it, is insane.

Flip that headache to western society, and people would be boycotting coca cola.

China doesn't want to take our recycled junk?

Fine, we will pay more to Thailand or any third world country that wants to take it, and deal with the same issue vs addressing our sheer dependency on offshore shipments in order to make plastic profitable to recycle. Main reason most of it gets put back into the landfill pile.

When enough people care about something to demand change, change is inevitable.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
-People who get offended at words. Not the context they are stated in.

Sorry, but the word "dead" in itself, is inoffensive. Its a clinical word, just like fat is. The word stupid shouldn't be banned, just because you're too stupid to observe context.

Thats like banning cars, because morons happen to drive them. How about you ban stupidity?

I am not telling people my uncle expired. He isn't milk. He died.

I am not telling my trainer that covid-19 early on made me pile on some "few extra pounds". I was starting to get fat. I did something about it.

This context isn't fat shaming. Its factual.

-The term slut shaming. Hate it with a passion. If you are willing to give "services" for a cigarette, you *deserve* all the ridicule coming your way. You're a w***e.

-People who pull cards to silence others. You don't want to give me free ketchup at McDonald's? Of course. Its because am black.

Essentially forcing their silence, or being accused of racism.

I remember a woman getting pulled over by a cop. He had her on video, and she still had the gall to pull the v card to tell the officer how hard it is for a woman, to live in fear, or whatever BS she was coming up with (she was arguing with him, about being in fear for her life because he caught her off guard--she was distracted so long she didn't see him walk up to her car.

I haven't ever seen a V card pulled that hard.

You make everyone in your demographic look bad, when you pull one.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Restaurants who feel the need to butter their f***ing hamburger buns. Yes Wendy’s I’m again looking at you, but a lot more places are doing it these days.

Back in like 2011, I created like a 4 paragraph rant thread here which chronicled my hatred of that bullshit which Wendy’s were up to at the time....having been the first one’s to do it.

Too bad it got deleted. :(

But seriously...f*** you for buttering my hamburger buns!! Then, now and forever. Shit is soggy and f***ing gross.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Teams like the Cleveland Indians, changing their names and likely logos, due to people being offended.

The name change truly does nothing more but to appease our growing shift of overly sensitive, entitled and narcissistic people.

The offenders would be better off using their platform for good, and using their voice and financial status accordingly.

Same thing with Aunt Jemima. For me, I would stop buying from any product which caved in to such social pressures.

Its essentially admiting you're racist.

The Chicago Blackhawks following suit, would essentially ruin one of the nicest logos and jerseys in the NHL.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Restaurants who feel the need to butter their f***ing hamburger buns. Yes Wendy’s I’m again looking at you, but a lot more places are doing it these days.

Back in like 2011, I created like a 4 paragraph rant thread here which chronicled my hatred of that bullshit which Wendy’s were up to at the time....having been the first one’s to do it.

But seriously...f*** you for buttering my hamburger buns!! Then, now and forever. Shit is soggy and f***ing gross.

This only works if the bun is well-toasted, otherwise you're right, it seeps in.

Now I want a f***ing burger though. It's not even 9AM. Is that okay?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA

I used to hit drive threws for lunch while I was on the road working and Wendy's would give you the mustard on the side. So I am in a car having to open the mustard and apply it myself to the patty, a complete nuisance. No other place does that so I avoided Wendy's after that unless they really wasn't a choice.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I used to hit drive threws for lunch while I was on the road working and Wendy's would give you the mustard on the side. So I am in a car having to open the mustard and apply it myself to the patty, a complete nuisance. No other place does that so I avoided Wendy's after that unless they really wasn't a choice.

That’s sad. :shakehead

I mean they can put all their other shit on their burgers, so why not a squirt of mustard??

At least they’ve always put mustard on burgers here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad