What Grinds your Gears?

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
In this world's current state, I think it has made people more aware of minor or major annoyances they typically would have glossed over in the past.

We are human.

Am curious as to what types of behavior or situations, really get you annoyed.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
-People who don't get body language cues to back off, then get offended at it being verbalized. IE that person that has to talk a foot away from your face and your leaning away not giving them ample warning to stop.

-People who say no offense, prior to saying exactly what it is that would offend you.

-That person who jokingly notifies you that you missed a spot, when they walk by seeing you cleaning.

-Busy grocery store. That one who asks you if they can cut in front of you during rush hour, because they're in a rush. Might as well ask me to remove my car from the parking space it is in, because it's better for them to get to the store. "Do you mind just parking way over there by the parking lots entrance?"

-Getting the run around.

-Being put on hold for 15 minutes. Someone picks up. Asks you what you're waiting for. You get forwarded. They pick up. Same speech. They tell you you're on the wrong extension and put you back in the queue.

Bonus points. You get to the end of the line, and they tell you what you're looking for is on their website.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
- People who fart in elevators

- People who have way too f***ing much cologne or perfume on in elevators

- People who don’t use deodorant being allowed out in public. Phew!!!

- Sweet pickles

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
- People who fart in elevators

- People who have way too f***ing much cologne or perfume on in elevators

- People who don’t use deodorant being allowed out in public. Phew!!!

- Sweet pickles
So people who fart sweet pickles in elevators, and use cologne/perfume instead of deodorant, must send you straight to the transmission shop.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Delivery drivers who ignore “Contactless Delivery” instructions.

Or worse...when they leave your food in the lobby of your apartment complex because they don’t wanna take the elevator up to leave the food at my apartment door as per my delivery instructions.

Skip The Dish drivers really are dumbasses.

Sep 19, 2008
Modern Western music sucks.

Grinds my gears constantly. All this Megan Thee Stallion and Billie Eilish. Who are these people?

Who is Doja Cat?

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Delivery drivers who ignore “Contactless Delivery” instructions.

Or worse...when they leave your food in the lobby of your apartment complex because they don’t wanna take the elevator up to leave the food at my apartment door as per my delivery instructions.

Skip The Dish drivers really are dumbasses.

Imagine if the cannabis delivery driver did that! :eek:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Modern Western music sucks.

Grinds my gears constantly. All this Megan Thee Stallion and Billie Eilish. Who are these people?

Who is Doja Cat?

Not a fan of modern music, I like the sound of real instruments and the unique sound and style certain performers had. Oscar Peterson could make a piano sing much like Hendrix could make a guitar.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Imagine if the cannabis delivery driver did that! :eek:

Those “Dial-4-Doobies” delivery-type homies stay in their vehicles usually for “safety reasons.” Typically you’ll wait for them to arrive (with cash in hand), they drive up, money/herb exchanges between hands while they stay in the car and voila.

Last edited:

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
People who slow down to a crawl or even stop on the on-ramp of a highway.

Ugh. One of the most irritating things, ever. The whole point of the onramp, is to gather enough speed, to safely merge onto the highway.

You're literally forcing others to take evasive action in merging at 30km/h.

I have seen so many crashes on onramps due to this level of stupidity.

Recently almost got caught in the crossfire of a car doing the reverse.

Getting off a highway, and cutting across solid lines to get ahead of cars merging ahead.

One issue. Dump truck in front of me, didn't get the memo, and was forced to abruptly stop, hitting the car, forcing the cars ahead of me to collide, and me, somehow managing to swerve around this s**t show and avoid a bumper and metal pieces flying at me.

Congrats. How did that time saving maneuver help you?

Me driving past the multi car pileup, I wanted to get out of my car to speed slap the idiot who caused this.

They looked the most shocked at how this could have unfolded o_O

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
See this all the time as I drive on freeways alot here in Toronto. Taking the cloverleaf turn and hitting the brakes because they don't understand that you slow down into a curve and speed up at the crest to counter centrifugal force.

Reactions: nofehr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->