What Grinds your Gears?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
And they are now trying to merge into a live lane going 60 MPH, at 30 MPH, leaving anyone behind them in a even worse precarious situation.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Virtue signaling. Nothing annoys me more.

Good for you. You bought an electrical car. But the person who needs to tell you how much better they are than you due to it. Just wow.

I remember getting lectured for eating bacon at work by a vegan, who wanted me to understand how murderous that this was.

To me someone virtue signaling, but wearing Nike shoes, owning an I phone and eating Nestlé chocolate, does not understand the sheer irony of their stance, considering the human rights abuses of each of these companies, and even child labor for the latter.

Only thing that annoys me worse, is a company doing it.

IE a global company flying the LGBTQ flag in North America, but refusing to do so in a country they have infrastructure in, known for abuses on these very people.

Silence. Obviously, woke values wouldn't be profitable there.

If someone calls me ableist due to my partner not being disabled, or transphobic because they are born female, I stop engaging.

I mercifully only see such people in the minority, otherwise would further lose faith in humanity.

Its like those denouncing those who celebrated Canada day, as supporting genocide, but once Canada day was over, they went back to their lives and couldn't care less about those indigenous families left to pick up the pieces.

Worse even. You post tons of pictures of yourself protesting those who wear Canada's colors, but literally do nothing about the cause you're so heated about to actual exact change.

Its that social pat on the back. That person who has to broadcast to the world, that they donate to Unicef.

Ugh. Hate these people with a passion.

What happened to quietly being the change you seek in the world?

Why do I need to broadcast to the world, every person that I have helped? That very help, makes my day. Last thing I want, is attention for it. Even less, does it make me any better than you.

Last edited:

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Jagoffs that are still lighting off their July 4 fireworks nightly and pissing my dog off.

Ohio drivers. All of you. The left lane is for passing - get the hell back over.

People who “eat” steak well done. Know that there is a special place in Hell for you.

The color Mauve. The word itself is stupid and doesn’t deserve to be immortalized with a color.

Putting lettuce on a burger. Which Mensa candidate thought it’d be a good idea to put rabbit food on a carnivore sandwich?

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
-Borrowing your vehicle to someone, and it is returned to you with so little fuel, you doubt you will get to station. You handed it over, full.

-People who slow down to walking speed, to make a right turn on a busy road. Bonus points. You stop confused if you have the right address, and hesitate creating a log jam of traffic.
Bonus points. You reverse, into busy traffic, and ignore people honking at you, forcing them to reverse a bit....all to pick up your friend vs waving him to get on at the parking area a block away (or just stopping straight with your hazards on, which is still idiotic, but passably so).

-"No offense, but" *insert offensive comment*. Bonus point, you end that let's say racist sentence, by "I'm not racist or anything".

-Dude walks up to me with no masks. Coughs in my face. A very long hard staredown ensues. You telling me you're vaccinated, is irrelevant. You just coughed in my f*****g face.

To me, that's like me burping in your face, and reassuring you in telling you I just brushed my teeth.

-People who get triggered or grossed out about hearing someone fart while they poop in a public toilet. "Ew, it stinks!"

Yup. That sounds like what poop is supposed to do.

Now, if you witness someone spit bubble gum into a urinal, you may have a valid point.

There then should be a rule where you could hand it back to them, without dusting their pubic hairs off of it.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
- the people at the beer store who wait till they have 1000 bottles to return

- honking at someone doing something stupid and they dont stop or even acknowledge what they were doing. I know you heard me bitch

- people who think that the proximity to the cash out makes the line go faster

And yes, close talkers

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Virtue signaling. Nothing annoys me more.

Good for you. You bought an electrical car. But the person who needs to tell you how much better they are than you due to it. Just wow.

I remember getting lectured for eating bacon at work by a vegan, who wanted me to understand how murderous that this was.

To me someone virtue signaling, but wearing Nike shoes, owning an I phone and eating Nestlé chocolate, does not understand the sheer irony of their stance, considering the human rights abuses of each of these companies, and even child labor for the latter.

Only thing that annoys me worse, is a company doing it.

IE a global company flying the LGBTQ flag in North America, but refusing to do so in a country they have infrastructure in, known for abuses on these very people.

Silence. Obviously, woke values wouldn't be profitable there.

If someone calls me ableist due to my partner not being disabled, or transphobic because they are born female, I stop engaging.

I mercifully only see such people in the minority, otherwise would further lose faith in humanity.

Its like those denouncing those who celebrated Canada day, as supporting genocide, but once Canada day was over, they went back to their lives and couldn't care less about those indigenous families left to pick up the pieces.

Worse even. You post tons of pictures of yourself protesting those who wear Canada's colors, but literally do nothing about the cause you're so heated about to actual exact change.

Its that social pat on the back. That person who has to broadcast to the world, that they donate to Unicef.

Ugh. Hate these people with a passion.

What happened to quietly being the change you seek in the world?

Why do I need to broadcast to the world, every person that I have helped? That very help, makes my day. Last thing I want, is attention for it. Even less, does it make me any better than you.

Social Media, Social Media is a huge problem regarding all this

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
-Borrowing your vehicle to someone, and it is returned to you with so little fuel, you doubt you will get to station. You handed it over, full.

-People who slow down to walking speed, to make a right turn on a busy road. Bonus points. You stop confused if you have the right address, and hesitate creating a log jam of traffic.
Bonus points. You reverse, into busy traffic, and ignore people honking at you, forcing them to reverse a bit....all to pick up your friend vs waving him to get on at the parking area a block away (or just stopping straight with your hazards on, which is still idiotic, but passably so).

-"No offense, but" *insert offensive comment*. Bonus point, you end that let's say racist sentence, by "I'm not racist or anything".

-Dude walks up to me with no masks. Coughs in my face. A very long hard staredown ensues. You telling me you're vaccinated, is irrelevant. You just coughed in my f*****g face.

To me, that's like me burping in your face, and reassuring you in telling you I just brushed my teeth.

-People who get triggered or grossed out about hearing someone fart while they poop in a public toilet. "Ew, it stinks!"

Yup. That sounds like what poop is supposed to do.

Now, if you witness someone spit bubble gum into a urinal, you may have a valid point.

There then should be a rule where you could hand it back to them, without dusting their pubic hairs off of it.

Sorry that happened to you.

I love that countless people have apparently forgotten that there are countless diseases and illnesses other than freaking COVID that are both highly contagious and spread by aerosol and/or droplets. But don't worry bro, I'm vaccinated! Idiots.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
People that don't signal when turning or making a lane change, it's plain rude

The best are the ones hanging a left at a four way stop.

How about the clowns who leave shopping carts at the back of parking spaces. You can't see it there until you're pulling in and suddenly you have to stop and reverse to find a new spot. I've often wished that those who do this will become shopping carts attendants in hell. You know who you are...

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Sorry that happened to you.

It was a client, hence me not reaming them out.

I right after them, had to reconfigure our display area to avoid people walking in.

Just contradictory in general, in calling the outbreak a hoax:

"How many people do you know who have gotten covid?"

*I avoid telling them about an outbreak at one of our branches, that hospitalized two people and the several other people that I know. One which almost died.*

"Exactly. This is more politics than anything"

When anyone talks about "open your eyes", and "wake up", they usually have no clue what they are talking about.

Someone who is knowledgeable, will just hit you with knowledge that makes you shut up and listen, due to the respect that it commands.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Guess what, it's busy.

Aaaaaand 4 lights later, you pass them in the quicker lane.

Don't act like am the only person who thinks to themselves: "Muhahaha" as you pass them and refuse to let them in your lane.

I know, petty. I regret nothing.

Reactions: Bumpus

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Aaaaaand 4 lights later, you pass them in the quicker lane.

Don't act like am the only person who thinks to themselves: "Muhahaha" as you pass them and refuse to let them in your lane.

I know, petty. I regret nothing.

It's one of those small moments that make living worthwhile.

The same applies to grocery lanes, ski lift lines, concessions at the movie theater.....

tenor.gif

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Social Media, Social Media is a huge problem regarding all this

Yeah, and those who take offense to everything..

"I love black jeans"

Excuse me?

"Uh, black...."

You know what. Black is racist!

"Look ma'am..."

Ma'am?! So, you're racist and misgendering me?!

"Omg...You're crazy"

Plus ridiculing mental health issues?!

You're a horrible human being!

*drives off in their electric car*

If you're offended by the name Aunt Jemima, but accept BLM marches to destroy small businesses in cities, mostly owned by racial minorities--you're exactly what is wrong with the world.

Not you personally, but you get my drift.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
- the people at the beer store who wait till they have 1000 bottles to return

Hahaha, I could imagine.

I never experience that setting, but quite a few times I experienced someone wanting to pay with nothing with change, on something over 30.00$.

Beyond 5 to 10$ to me, you're a d***.

And 5 to 10 should be looneys and toonies. If you do it in 5 cent coins--there is a special place in hell for people like this.

No, the one that bothers me, is being at a gas station, during rush hour. Long lineup. One person decides to check 40 lottery tickets.

Only positive about covid that I hope sticks in my city. Most spots I've seen, no longer allow you to check tickets at the cash. Check them yourself.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Hahaha, I could imagine.

I never experience that setting, but quite a few times I experienced someone wanting to pay with nothing with change, on something over 30.00$.

Beyond 5 to 10$ to me, you're a d***.

And 5 to 10 should be looneys and toonies. If you do it in 5 cent coins--there is a special place in hell for people like this.

No, the one that bothers me, is being at a gas station, during rush hour. Long lineup. One person decides to check 40 lottery tickets.

Only positive about covid that I hope sticks in my city. Most spots I've seen, no longer allow you to check tickets at the cash. Check them yourself.
Im a smart shopper and always know what my change is... i just say donate it

Oh yeah... fuvk lotto shoppers

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
-People who don't get body language cues to back off, then get offended at it being verbalized. IE that person that has to talk a foot away from your face and your leaning away not giving them ample warning to stop.

-People who say no offense, prior to saying exactly what it is that would offend you.

-That person who jokingly notifies you that you missed a spot, when they walk by seeing you cleaning.

-Busy grocery store. That one who asks you if they can cut in front of you during rush hour, because they're in a rush. Might as well ask me to remove my car from the parking space it is in, because it's better for them to get to the store. "Do you mind just parking way over there by the parking lots entrance?"

-Getting the run around.

-Being put on hold for 15 minutes. Someone picks up. Asks you what you're waiting for. You get forwarded. They pick up. Same speech. They tell you you're on the wrong extension and put you back in the queue.

Bonus points. You get to the end of the line, and they tell you what you're looking for is on their website.

You get forwarded, and it goes to a voicemail

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah, and those who take offense to everything..

"I love black jeans"

Excuse me?

"Uh, black...."

You know what. Black is racist!

"Look ma'am..."

Ma'am?! So, you're racist and misgendering me?!

"Omg...You're crazy"

Plus ridiculing mental health issues?!

You're a horrible human being!

*drives off in their electric car*

If you're offended by the name Aunt Jemima, but accept BLM marches to destroy small businesses in cities, mostly owned by racial minorities--you're exactly what is wrong with the world.

Not you personally, but you get my drift.

Preach!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad