Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Kessel: "My line in particular we didn't get **** done."

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
David Alter ‏@dalter
Carlyle: The discipline is an area we have to hold them (his team) accountable for.

AKA Kessel and his lazy penalties. Also, the coach is responsible for line changes, and he's got 2 'too many men' penalties in 2 games.

This is just a mess.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You guys have a gem in Rielly. Such a great skater.

Also was impressed with Kadri when he had the puck. Needs to work on his zone entries though, put his team offside a few times.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
This is NOT on RC I repeat NOT ON RC

our top paid players have to eat this.

Gotta agree completely with you but we be the only two that see things differently. Peeps here want to use analytics not to make the players play better but to sink the coach. I think Shanny has more sense but I think the time is nearly up for Randy because of these young superstars. They will say the same thing about the coach eventually too. Wilson wasn't here very long ago either.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
David Alter ‏@dalter 37s37 seconds ago
Carlyle: The discipline is an area we have to hold them (his team) accountable for.

YOU NEED TO HOLD THE TEAM ACCOUNTABLE IN EVERY AREA YOU ****ING IDIOT

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Great
-

Good
Percy
Rielly
Kadri
Lupul

Average
Polak
Clarkson
Santorelli
Winnik
Komarov
Panik

Bad
Bernier
Phaneuf
Robidas
Gardiner
JVR
Bozak
Holland
Kozun

Awful
Kessel

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
d)3

Could very well be.

I can't see this.

Unless the clowns in charge of the Leafs want to send this message:

A late season collapse in which the Leafs drop 8 in a row and fall out of the playoffs is neither enough to sack the coach NOR make fundamental changes to the Leafs.

But losses early in the season are?

Does not compute...

On second thought, it would be perfectly in keeping with the most fundamentally ****ed organization in the league...:laugh:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Just wait until we play the Ducks, Kings, Sharks and the Blackhawks. That will be fun. :laugh:

That's when they'll miraculously show up and play exactly the way Carlyle has asked them to, and completely mind **** everyone.

This Leafs team likes to troll us like that :shakehead:

And somehow be unable to play like that against lesser opponents the entire season.

I think they're just lazy and the majority of the players just figure one of the other guys will pick it up tonight.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Kessel = shameless lump of ****.

Set to start sucking on biggest contract in Leafs history and what does the turd do?

Decides to come to camp as the doughy **** that he is. And then the smirking **** BRAGS about it...

This is why the Leafs are worthless. They picked up a known one-dimensional, weird, primadonna **** who wasn't wanted by a winning organization.

The Leafs promptly make him the highest paid in the history of their ****ed organization.

Any organization with an ounce of character and winning team culture would have the shameless **** on the trading block faster than the puke can shove a cookie down his fat ****ing gullet.

Not the Leafs...:laugh:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
I honestly don't see Carlyle making it to the fourth game if the Leafs don't dominate that game, or least play their hearts out.

Thats what a proper enforcer-laden 4th line brings. Not the insipid polite no-hitting soft 4th line crap we watch tonight. And thanks for coming out.

kaner13

Mar 27, 2011
If he got the opportunity he could do exactly that.

I mean as long as we are giving attaboys for standing in front of the net without falling might as well give Ashton one

Speculative thinking at the very least.

Clarkson had a disallowed goal off a tip, finished his checks throughout the night and the team generally looked closer to scoring with him on the ice than not tonight. I would give him some credit at least. I don't even think Ashton's even had a goal disallowed, never mind a legit goal.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
When I think of the faces of this franchise, I would like to think of the leaders as gritty, hard-working, skilled, and would do w/e it takes to get the win. Is that Dion and Kessel?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Like I said after a few preseason games, there has been no real change to the system. It's the same crap "tweaked".

Glaring example was when Rielly had the puck behind the net for about 25 seconds, he's looking around disgusted the entire time, then he is eventually forced to throw it away to nobody. I am pretty sure Rielly is smart enough to make a pass, the problem is, the system sucks balls and there was no passes for almost 30 seconds. I am not sure how that is even possible but apparently it is.

Also... Kessel, if you are going to brag about barely doing anything related to hockey all summer, after signing one of the biggest contracts of the year, at least come out and get a few points. Otherwise, shut up and take your money for 8 years and sit in background.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can't see this.

Unless the clowns in charge of the Leafs want to send this message:

A late season collapse in which the Leafs drop 8 in a row and fall out of the playoffs is neither enough to sack the coach NOR make fundamental changes to the Leafs.

But losses early in the season are?

Does not compute...

On second thought, it would be perfectly in keeping with the most fundamentally ****ed organization in the league...:laugh:

The Flyers did it to salvage a season when Laviolette was given one more chance to deliver a successful season. They started the year 0-3, and looked terrible just like us. They made the playoffs.

It's clear Carlyle probably will never turn this roster around. Whether it's him or the team, there's only one way to find out.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Great

Good
Percy
Rielly
Kadri
Lupul

Average
Polak
Clarkson
Santorelli
Winnik
Komarov
Panik

Bad
Bernier
Phaneuf
Robidas
Gardiner
JVR
Bozak
Holland
Kozun

Awful
Kessel

I have to put percy in the great category

considering this was only his 2nd NHL game and logged 20 + effn mins against pitt, more then the 7 million dollar FRAUDDD!!!!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This team might be worse than last year's team. To add to that, we have hired inexperienced Front Office staff, starting with Shanhan, Dubas. A very uncertain time in Leafs history.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Phil... You can't workout all summer...

Nope. He can't. :(

Also... Kessel, if you are going to brag about barely doing anything related to hockey all summer, after signing one of the biggest contracts of the year, at least come out and get a few points. Otherwise, shut up and take your money for 8 years and sit in background.

LOL. What did he say???

maplehawk

HFB Partner
David Alter ‏@dalter

AKA Kessel and his lazy penalties. Also, the coach is responsible for line changes, and he's got 2 'too many men' penalties in 2 games.

This is just a mess.

lol what? this isn't novice where the coach has to open the door. carlyle calls which line is next but has no control over guys coming off the ice or jumping over the boards.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Leafs really lacking confidence right now. Feels eerily like end of last year.

Carlyle doing mighty fine with his locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad