Post-Game Talk: What else is there to say... Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Rielly easily our best D man...Sadly he is the youngest. Kadri played like he cares as did Clarkson, Lupul and Santo...Kessel is not out of shape my rear end.

We need to purge the useless....but sadly it is to hard to do...see you Carlyle...you can not coach heartless.

Morgan Rielly is a stud! That kid is so fun to watch play. Beauty setup on the Lupul goal.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I'm going to hope to say, that they still need time to gel as a team.

I'm still going to give them 20. The chances are there, but nothing is being buried.
Last year we were pretty surgical scoring, not happening right now.

However; if we keep giving up shots like this, Carlyle has to go.
I don't consider the Pens tough, and I have no idea how they constantly beat us to the puck, and won board battles.

JGuardz

Dec 22, 2009
6 penalties including a 5 on 3 to a team that includes the 2 best centres in the world. I'm surprised they didn't get blasted for 7-8 today. :shakehead

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
How about do the responsible reasonable thing - sit them and play veterans and then work them in a bit at a time so they can learn and develop good habits rather than playing them all the time like they are the veterans and watch them develop bad habits and develop and protect those bad habits and then turn on the coach when he takes them to task about it.

so who do we sub in for Phaneuf?

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
whoever said to bring up devane, broll, and orr....I agree. Our bottom six hasn't done squat and is soft.

This exactly! ^^

I wanna see those "fans" who wanted no tough enforcers on this team stand up and defend their views NOW.

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
Maybe try them together tomorrow night? I thought the 2nd line was our best line tonight (and they had different wingers like every period lol). Was hoping they could get a few more. Loved Clarkson's game tonight, hopefully he gets rewarded with some goals soon.

Clarkson looked great tonight, Lupal kadri as well.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
The persistent line matching by Caryle is maddening. He gets the game dictated to him almost all the time. I want to give him a fair chance to save himself, But it's only game #2 and I can't help but think the jig is up.

Percy and Rielly were the only bright spots in quite a dim game.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
For persons pumping Clarkson tires: that is the kinda game you would expect out of Carter Ashton.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
How many times does Carlyle say "I don't know" tonight? How many times does he throw out "Need to compete harder"?

Over under 3.5

I'm mind boggled, we didn't execute to level required to win the hockey game. I don't know why if I had the answer I would tell you. Again the compete level needs to be higher and we need to be a tougher team to play against.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'm going to hope to say, that they still need time to gel as a team.

I'm still going to give them 20. The chances are there, but nothing is being buried.
Last year we were pretty surgical scoring, not happening right now.

However; if we keep giving up shots like this, Carlyle has to go.
I don't consider the Pens tough, and I have no idea how they constantly beat us to the puck, and won board battles.

This is NOT on RC I repeat NOT ON RC

our top paid players have to eat this.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This exactly! ^^

I wanna see those "fans" who wanted no tough enforcers on this team stand up and defend their views NOW.

You think they would have done anything? I mean really?

Our problem tonight was because we didn't dress someone like Orr?

Really? Really...?

Wow.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm mind boggled, we didn't execute to level required to win the hockey game. I don't know why if I had the answer I would tell you. Again the compete level needs to be higher and we need to be a tougher team to play against.

That sounded exactly like Carlyle. Good job.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
They would never of even touched the ice tonight. No one to match them up against, and the other team would just skate circles around them.

Its bringing energy, finishing a check, taking physical pressure off your skill guys, making room for the other lines to skate more freely. And what about the fans - no hitting , no fighting, no aggression - you gonna pay $330 per ticket for the crap we endured tonight?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Here come the quotes.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Phaneuf: Tonight we weren't even close to good enough.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I don't know what to say. That was horrible.

Yes, it's only 2 games in. But you have to respond to each game for what they are. This was a horrible performance. They play like this for 80 more games and they give any team in the league a run for their money for the top pick.

Some individually good performances. Percy still looking remarkably responsible, Rielly had some nice moves, etc. But sadly not enough individuals doing enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad