What Draft position would you take now without going into Lottery?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
For those of you interested in my daily morning lottery simulator results, if the lottery were held today it would be:

1.Edmonton
2.Winnipeg
3. Toronto

That's an improvement over last time. Puljajarvi!!!!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree with Dascow. After all these losses if we see teams with better records picking ahead of us, it will surely sting.

For me, the cutoff is #5 or #6 in the worst case scenario. That said, the optics may be different once we know exactly where the Jets finish in the standings. Finishing better than the bottom 3 greatly increases the odds of picking out of the top 5 or 6.

It isn't just teams with better records. It is certain teams plus some other teams who may actually have better rosters than us.

Regardless of where we finish and draft I am going to be pissed if the Oilers pick first again. No matter where they finish karma says they should drop the max 3 spots and everyone else move up accordingly.

I am also going to be unhappy if Toronto gets top 3 or worse, top 2 and they don't deserve #1 either. Lastly for Toronto I won't like them picking anywhere ahead of us. I won't begrudge them a top 5 as long as A) they fall at least 2 spots from their finish and B) they draft after us.

I also need to draft before either Arizona or Calgary.

As you can see I am not asking much. :laugh: Just let us win the lottery and the rest will work out well enough. :) Although, TBH if we finish 29th and win the lottery I may complain that we only moved up 1 spot instead of 3. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad