What Draft position would you take now without going into Lottery?

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Let's start again.

It seems that I didn't give enough information for a few of you to understand what I was asking for. Keep in mind that the Jets could go on a winning streak of 10 games in a row and we end up still in the lottery but we are in 12 last place. Our chances of winning the lottery would be greatly diminished.

So the Jets in 3rd last now, and they could go up or down in the standings AND the fact that we'll be entering the lottery and whatever odds that will be once the season is over, so knowing all that now, what draft position would you be satisfied with if you were able to lock your draft position today taking all that into account?

Are you willing to roll the dice and see how things pan out (keeping in mind all of the above) and retain the faith hopes of winning the lottery OR if you could (I know you can't but that's what I'm trying to see what HFer's would be willing to accept considering all the risks) what draft spot would you be willing to settle for today, keeping all that is said previously in mind?

I'd be happy with 4th and giving up any dreams of winning the lottery and picking Mathews on the if come.

Last edited:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Hmm well I'll word my answer like this. I will be satisfied with a top 5 pick and getting one of Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dubois or Chychrun.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Before the lottery? Obviously 1st is better than anything but I think Leafs have that locked down. I'd be happy with 2nd last and hope that the lottery gods show us some love

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I don't get it, why would anyone not say 1st?

The lottery also allows you to drop 3 spot, plus who knows what place we'll end up in... basically the question is, what would you be willing to accept to remove the uncertainty?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The lottery also allows you to drop 3 spot, plus who knows what place we'll end up in... basically the question is, what would you be willing to accept to remove the uncertainty?

okay that explains it....top 4 then.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I can live with the uncertainty. We will get a nice player this draft pretty much any way the lottery goes. Though a little luck would be much appreciated. We have a hell of a nice young core developing to add a #1 center to. This is especially true if Scheif keeps developing the way he has. Having a 1-2 punch like that down the middle would be something special.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I can live with the uncertainty. We will get a nice player this draft pretty much any way the lottery goes. Though a little luck would be much appreciated. We have a hell of a nice young core developing to add a #1 center to. This is especially true if Scheif keeps developing the way he has. Having a 1-2 punch like that down the middle would be something special.

I sometimes day dream about those two and how awesome it would be.
That would set us up for years. And not like Crosby/Malkin set up like Kopitar/Carter set up. A very good and affordable 1-2 center punch. Alongside Ehlers, Connor, Armia, Petan, Dano, De Leo, Lemieux, Trouba, Morrissey, Helle and Comrie and likely our late 1st and 2nd rounder from this upcoming draft. We would have a very solid group of likely NHLers. We just need a few more defencemen to add the to stable and the farm is looking really really good.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
1st, nothing less.

yeah, go into the lottery in last place with 20% chance and if everything turns to crap you're at worst drafting 4th.

that's why the OP has me confused, you would go into the lottery wanting first draft position and then take your chances on the balls, would you not?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

With the terrible luck we've had in games, you'd think we are due for something good

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I sometimes day dream about those two and how awesome it would be.
That would set us up for years. And not like Crosby/Malkin set up like Kopitar/Carter set up. A very good and affordable 1-2 center punch. Alongside Ehlers, Connor, Armia, Petan, Dano, De Leo, Lemieux, Trouba, Morrissey, Helle and Comrie and likely our late 1st and 2nd rounder from this upcoming draft. We would have a very solid group of likely NHLers. We just need a few more defencemen to add the to stable and the farm is looking really really good.

&Roslovic

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
"You have run the simulator 30 times."

Toronto finished top 3 twenty times. Winnipeg finished top 3 three times. Seeding matters!!!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
&Roslovic

Dude!! And Roslovic!
Whooooaaaa

6331f07080d5c8a1ef39a4935b3eabf3.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hmm well I'll word my answer like this. I will be satisfied with a top 5 pick and getting one of Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dubois or Chychrun.

I'll settle for that. We can't out tank the Leafs and 2nd guarantees no worse than 5th.

Edit: Oops. Meant to quote the next post from JF815 "Before the lottery? Obviously 1st is better than anything but I think Leafs have that locked down. I'd be happy with 2nd last and hope that the lottery gods show us some love"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad