Speculation: What does the future hold for Matt Murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nah. Murray replaced their Big Special Boy.

If anything Jarry is favored since he makes Murray look worse.

The CoF acolytes will never cop to missing Murray no matter what. And honestly they probably won't need to. I'm not confident Murray doesn't sorta just fade into the dustbin of history after he leaves the Penguins.

Murray's like Batman. He might not be the hero that they want, but he's the hero that they needed.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Won us two cups, Don't get the hostility towards Murray.

Yah we should move on, but 20 years from now he'll be a Penguin legend.

I dunno about legend. I could see him just kind of being a really bizarre story about how sometimes you can catch lightning in a bottle.

But for the record I have no ill will towards Murray. Far from it. He could very well end up being a terrific starter for years to come elsewhere, too.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
I like Moose but his injury history has me skeptical it working out.

I favor Jarry taking #1 but the only thing that concerns me is how he responds to the pressure of being the guy. Hopefully he up to it

There is only one Moose, and Murray aint it

johan_hedberg_92.jpg

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
So when Jarry falls on hard times and the Cult of Fleury proceed to run Jars out of town like they did with Murray, will they be happy when Casey "Oops I lost my passport" DeSmith takes over as the number 1 goalie?

They also have Emil Larmi and Alex D'Orio. Things arent that bleak

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Goalie fandoms go in cycles, so it only stands to reason that MM stans will be the ones to run Jarry out of town, as evidenced by the goaltending thread on this board. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Wherever Murray ends up, I hope he regains his form and confidence. Feels a lot like a case of a guy needing a change of scenery. I don't think he ever truly recovered from his concussions and the sudden passing of his father, and maybe it ends up not making a difference, but the sort of "closing of the chapter" that'd come from being traded to a new team could really do wonders for the kid.

Reactions: EightyOne

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Wherever Murray ends up, I hope he regains his form and confidence. Feels a lot like a case of a guy needing a change of scenery. I don't think he ever truly recovered from his concussions and the sudden passing of his father, and maybe it ends up not making a difference, but the sort of "closing of the chapter" that'd come from being traded to a new team could really do wonders for the kid.

He'll get back to average starter territory. Which, meh.

Getcha money, Matt. Get you a contract someone's gonna regret in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad